Voicemail, the call finally went through

Tzuyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tzu, let’s go!"

Tzuyu looks around, confused as to why she was in the middle of their University’s parking lot. As far as she knew, she went home today.

"Hello? Are you deaf? I said let’s go, sunshine."

And just like that, Minatozaki Sana was right in front of her, smiling and very much alive.

"S-Sana?" She stutters, not believing what she was seeing. She could see her cheeks tinted slightly pink from the blood flowing through her skin, she could smell her scent, see the little freckles littered across her nose.

"The one and only." Sana says in her usual confident tone.

Tzuyu doesn't say anything else, instead she just runs and hugs her. The air was knocked out of Sana's chest as she looked at the taller girl hugging her close.

"Okaaaay?" Sana hugs her back, still unsure why Tzuyu was acting weird. "What’s going on?"

"I just- ugh! You !" Tzuyu almost cries into Sana's shirt as she grips her tighter.

"Seriously sunshine, I don't get you right now."

Tzuyu looks up, not believing that the older girl’s actually in front of her right now.

"You're alive." She says in disbelief.

"Yeah? Why? Are you planning to murder me or something?" She chuckles before slowly releasing herself from the hug and taking Tzuyu's hand.

"Come on then, I’ll take you to my car we need to hurry up or we’re gonna get late." She starts to say as she drags the taller one away.

"Wait-" the memory starts to return to Tzuyu. The lunch with their, the fact that they were late, she knew what had happened on this day, she knew what was coming next.
 

"SANA WAIT." She starts to say as she pulls away from her.

"Stop struggling-" Sana starts to say as she takes her hand again, but before Tzuyu could react, they hear a car horn blaring, Sana turns her direction to the sound before pushing Tzuyu away.

Tzuyu slams on the pavement. She could feel her head starting to bleed but she didn't care, all she thinks about was how Sana wasn't beside her. Instead, she was sprawled in the middle of the street. The car had stopped and the driver was trying to call 911. She tried to stand up despite the dizzy feeling she was getting. she needed to see if her sunshine was still alive, still able to flash that wide smile of hers.

Tzuyu suddenly finds herself in the hospital, she finds Sana's parents talking to a doctor. She was about to talk to them and ask them about her but she realized that neither Sana's parents nor the doctor could hear or see her.

"Doctor, what about my daughter?" Sana's dad asks in desperation as tears fall from his face.

"Mr. Minatozaki, I'm sorry to say this but we tried everything we could. Her heart stopped twice during surgery. I'm sorry."

Tzuyu starts to back away, shaking her head.

"No, no, this can’t be real. I couldn't stop it, I failed her again." She starts to say as she finds herself running endlessly across white hospital halls.

She stops when she sees a white light at the edge of the hall, Sana slowly emerges from the light, looking at Tzuyu sadly before turning around and walking into it.

"SANA! SANA!" she starts to yell as she runs to her, but it was no use. No matter how hard she ran, she wasn't moving.

 

She wakes up in a cold sweat, her breathing labored as she looks around her room. Of course, it was a dream. But she hasn’t had one that intense in a long time.

Reflexively she reaches out for her phone to dial Mina. The girl had served as a pillar to lean on whenever it came to Sana. She was the first person she turned to whenever things got too hard to handle.

"Yes?" She feels her heart calm down upon hearing the voice. She could hear her talk softly from the other side even though it was 2 in the morning.

"Dream. Help."

"What is it this time?"

"Sana."

She was silent on the other side for a while.

"It's normal Tzu, yesterday was, you know, that's normal I guess. I can come if you want me to."

"No, you don’t have to. But it’s been so long since-"

"Tzu, keep calm. Let's talk tomorrow  if you don’t want me to come now, ok? You need to calm down, Tzu" There was a short pause before Mina heaved a sigh and hesitantly added, "Perhaps we can also treat tomorrow as a date?"

Tzuyu’s heart skipped a beat upon hearing Mina’s request, but she pushed the thought away. She was used to all the flirting but she didn't have the heart to return it to her, or she thinks she cant. In reality she didn't have the courage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter