Unlimited

Unlimited

The phone won’t stop ringing as Yuri mumbled in her breath. She just stepped in her shower; the water at just the right temperature, her favourite music playing in the background, her lights dimmed to her liking, in short she was in the process of enjoying herself after a hard day’s work. She tried to ignore the annoying sound and focused on the warm water massaging her skin. It’s been a few minutes, but the caller is still insistent. Now Yuri’s head is hotter than her shower water and her blood is boiling.

“Right.” She thought as she bumped her forehead unto the glass wall in frustration. Which idiot is it who’s calling me at this time of the night? She has a designated ringtone for the girls and one of them is about to get shouted at.

She sighed as she finally resigned, scrubbed herself up hastily and turned off the shower. Picking up her phone she noticed that she just missed the call again. She didn’t even bother looking at the screen to check who called and placed it back on the table. Surely, they would call back as they haven’t stopped for the last twenty minutes.

At this time Yuri is now wearing her bathrobe with a towel wrapping her hair, she was starting her skincare routine when she heard her doorbell ring. Gah, is the world ending or what, no peace at all!

She looked at her phone and finally opened the screen to look who called and she nearly rolled her eyes upon seeing the name. She will bet all her money that the caller is the one non-stop assaulting her doorbell right now.

She walked over the to the door and looked at the screen. Yep, right.

She opened the door to let the person in.

“Yoo-“and the person just strolled in and took her shoes off immediately placing them on it’s designated place on the rack, not even acknowledging Yuri.

With a sigh, Yuri just closed the door and followed the other human who’s now plopped herself on the couch.

“Unnie, I’m hungry.”

“Yah Im Yoona! You think this is a restaurant?! This unbelievable girl.” Yuri exclaimed as pushed the girl to the other side of the couch and sat beside her.

“But, but, but, I am so hungry! I was so busy with filming we just literally finished just now. And you won’t answer your phone! I feel so neglected!” At this point, Yoona was already pouting, already taking out the big guns.

“I was in the shower!” Yuri was smiling at the adorable face and poked the girl’s forehead.

“Oh yeah you do smell good by the way.” Yoona said as she started to inch closer sniffing Yuri’s shoulder.

“aaand, I am going to get dressed. So, you my dear, order yourself some food. Okay?” Yuri said, shaking her head as she stood up from the couch.

“You’re not going to cook me something? Unnieeeee” Yoona was ready to nag at this point, grabbing Yuri’s robe.

“You know how many times I’ve invited you to come over so I can cook for you but you’re far too busy and now this happens.” Yuri chuckled as she walked away to get dressed.

“I didn’t know there was an expiry on the invite?” Yoona’s voice trailed off and was muffled when she shut her door in her bedroom.

This is her Yoona. This is the same girl years and years ago who will show up on her doorstep unannounced and spend time with her. Yoona had always been the busy one. Sure, she had her fair share of business and jobs, but Yoona, Yoona was the girl who was everywhere from the moment she stepped foot in this industry. She was Im Yoona, already a household name before GG took off. The girl who starts the day earlier than anyone to work and comes home later that anyone, mostly during dawn. And before they shared a room in the dorms, this girl will knock on her door just like now, nagging her with all the silly things. This silly side of Yoona that not everyone can see. Her Yoona, her Yoong.

And she felt her walls come down yet again for this silly girl. Even though sometimes she feels like she’s lost her place in Yoona’s world, and sometimes she feels like her path is steering away from Yoona’s and the times that they spend together gets lesser and lesser each time. When she feels that they might be drifting apart, Yoona will come waltzing back in her life. Invited or not. They have this special bond that’s like giving someone unlimited access to your heart and not expecting anything in return. And Yuri is always the one who waits.

“Let’s go.” Yuri is now dressed casually in jeans and shirt with a cap to somehow hide her identity.

“What? Where?” Yoona nearly fell off the couch as she hurriedly sat up, unexpecting this turn of events.

“I thought you wanted to eat. I don’t have anything to cook here. Let’s buy groceries?” Yuri said as she already thought of what to cook for Yoona.

Yoona beamed her wide alligator smile and squealed as she ran past Yuri, before doubling back to kiss her cheek then running back again to put her shoes back on. Yuri just followed suit and donned hers.

“Oh Yuri, you never put anything on this spot, why?” Yoona asked, talking about the space she put her shoes on. It’s always empty when she come around.

“So, there’s space for yours.”

There’s always a space for Yoona in her life.

Yoona smiled.

“I’ll drive Yul.”

And as Yoona took her keys out of her bag, Yuri noticed the ring on Yoona’s finger. Yoona noticed Yuri’s eyes and smiled.

“What?”

“Nothing. You’re still wearing that.” Yuri smirked as they sat inside Yoona’s car.

“I’m on my personal time with my wife. Of course, I will be wearing it.”

Just like that, Yuri’s heart was on a frenzy once again.