Lifetime

Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I swear to God!! If someone snitched me to my brother, I'll end you all!" Ryeowook warned, he was kind of tipsy from the amount of drink his friends offered. He's not that type to drink especially during weekdays.

"No one's gonna tell your brother. We promise! Now do the dare now!" His Chinese friend, Zhoumi, assured him. They were now at the entrance of the university dorms. Ryeowook, Zhoumi, Henry, Donghae, and Hyukjae decided to have a drink for the success of their title defense, and of course what's fun in drinking sessions if they won't play a game, right?

The rest of Ryeowook's friends went back to Ryeowook's room, luckily his room's balcony faces the entrance of his dorms, so the four of his friends are at the balcony, looking down at Ryeowook.

" it." He mumbled. "Damn that stupid ing bottle." He kicked the stone he saw at the ground.

"Go Ryeowook!" Henry shouted, Ryeowook looked up and saw his friends, laughing. He faked a smile and raised his middle finger pointing at his friends.

Ryeowook's current dare has been the most extreme dare he ever encountered in his life. He's acting all mighty, and proud but deep down, he's nervous and wants to his pants. He acted cool, waiting for someone to go outside.

'Eww, what if the person i'll kiss has STDs? Sickness? Or not attractive?' He thought. He had goosebumps imagining himself kissing some random student. 'I hope he goes outside...' He's lowkey hoping that his crush will be the one exiting at those stupid doors.

Minutes have passed, still no signs of students going out, he was about to give up when someone walked out the dorm entrance, A smirk crept on his lips.

He walked towards the student who's clearly on his phone, texting. When Ryeowook was just a meter before the student, the student looked up, he looked at Ryeowook briefly but quickly scanned the area.

"Where is he?" The student mumbled to himself. Ryeowook smiled at the guy. "Uh.. yes? Can I help you?" He asked Ryeowook, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Kyu—" Even before the student had the chance to look at the person who's calling him, he was pulled into a kiss.

Ryeowook closed his eyes, pulled the student by his nape and kissed him fully on the lips. He didn't dare to move, but he tried his luck, he draped his arms around the taller student's neck and kissed him deeper, his lips moving now, whilst the other person was still frozen on his spot.

He kept kissing the guy even though he's not responding, but to his surprise he felt the other student kissing him back, not as intense as how Ryeowook was kissing him but still, he kissed Ryeowook back. So they just kissed ignoring the possible people who are witnessing what they were doing.

When Ryeowook pulled away, he saw how the other guy has his eyes closed. Ryeowook's smirk went wide, he gave Kyuhyun a peck on the cheek and immediately left the other guy. He practically ran upstairs, to his room, the moment he went inside he almost dropped to the floor, his breath ragged while his heart? Ready to combust.

His friends were waiting for him, all 4 were clapping and cheering.

"That was... I don't know?? HOT?!" Zhoumi commented.

"Agreed!" Henry spoke, he gave Ryeowook a bottle of water, he's sure their friend will need it, he just climbed 6 flights of stairs in what? Less than 5 minutes?

"Ryeowook, You're really something!" Hyukjae elbowed Ryeowook.

"How does it feel Wookie? kissing your crush?" Donghae asked. The moments earlier again flashed in his mind. "How many years? 6/7 years?" He added. Ryeowook closed his eyes, still couldn't believe what the happened minutes ago.

Yes, Ryeowook just kissed his long-term crush, the one and only guy that owns Ryeowook's heart ever since High School, the only son of the owner of this university, Cho Kyuhyun.

——————————————————————

"Seems like someone didn't have a good sleep eh?" Ryeowook looked up, he rolled his eyes to his brother. "Hungover? Good Morning." His brother, Jongwoon sat beside him, handing Ryeowook food. He also greeted Ryeowook's friends. Jongwoon is just a year older than Ryeowook.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, taking the food his brother gave.

"So cranky! Why? Can't I sit with my LITTLE brother?" Jongwoon asked, emphasizing the word "little." Ryeowook kicked his brother's shin.

"Hyung, it's 10:30 am, Leave me alone. it's too early to pester me. Go bother your friends instead." He dismissed Jongwoon, but being the stubborn older brother he is, he didn't listen to Ryeowook and just started to tell Ryeowook's friends stories about what happened to his life yesterday.

"Anyway, still don't have a boyfriend yet?" Jongwoon asked out of the blue, completely changing the topic. Ryeowook's friends laughed. "Still that Chocolate guy huh? Ryeowook you've been crushing on that guy for how many years? 6? Don't waste your time on that person, he clearly doesn't even know that you exist." Jongwoon advised his brother.

'He knows my existence now.' Ryeowook thought he wanted to say that but he thought that it's best to keep his mouth shut, especially now that his nosey brother's beside him.

"Ryeowook's fine in being a martyr." Donghae commented, Jongwoon laughed, agreeing to his brother's friend. Ryeowook just mocked them as he silently ate his food.

"Seriously tho, don't waste your time on Kyuhyun, there are a lot of guys here who want to date you! Look around Ryeowook!" He pats his brother's shoulder. "I know someone! What's the name again? Siwon? Choi Siwon right?" Ryeowook sighed.

"He doesn't like me." Ryeowook answered. "He LIKES you!" He cleared then excused himself. He's having a hangover at the moment and he needs peace. He left their table and went outside to get some fresh air, when suddenly someone pulled— dragged him to the back and of their cafeteria.

"Ouch! Hey! Stop! Where do you think you're going!" Ryeowook complained, the other person stopped and gave Ryeowook a furious look.

"You!" The other person, or Kyuhyun almost shouted. Ryeowook froze on his spot, his legs getting weaker.

"W-What?" Ryeowook managed to blurt the word. His heart started to beat faster than the normal heart rate, they were just talking about Kyuhyun a while ago.

"Don't 'What' me!" He furiously answered Ryeowook. "You sure know what the happened last night!"

"And?" Ryeowook got his composure back, he transformed as his y self. He won't let anyone just shout at him. "What about it?" He raised his eyebrows at Kyuhyun, showing the bratty side of Ryeowook. Kyuhyun stepped back, suddenly taken aback by Ryeowook's attitude.

"You kissed me!" Kyuhyun answered back, "I don't even know you!" Kyuhyun just lied, he knows Ryeowook, he has seen the smaller guy on events,
The guy has a pleasant voice, and they're also always in the Dean's Lister.

"I'm Ryeowook, Nice to meet you." Ryeowook offered his hand, but Kyuhyun just stared at it. "I'm introducing myself to you, now you won't accept my hand?" Ryeowook asked.

"I don't mean that!" Kyuhyun was now mad and irritated at the guy in front of him. "You kissed me! When my ex decided to talk things! He saw! Us! Kissing! I was supposed to get back with him last night! And now... he doesn't even want to talk to me!!!!!!"

Ryeowook went silent after hearing Kyuhyun, 'ouch' So he was supposed to fix things up with his ex.

"They weren't called 'Exes' if you guys keep coming back together. That's toxic." Ryeowook told him.

"I love him!" Kyuhyun shouted. "I.. I can't afford to lose him! I was a mess when we broke up, and
he finally agreed to talk things out but then you go kissing random strangers! You need to explain to him that the kiss last night doesn't mean anything!" He held Ryeowook's shoulder. "Please." He pleaded. Ryeowook just looked at him. He couldn't find the right words.

"What If I don't want to?" Ryeowook asked, the grip on his shoulders losing, Kyuhyun confusedly stared at him.

"What?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I don't want to explain anything to your ex." Ryeowook replied. "I don't owe him an explanation, besides I didn't even do anything bad, you guys weren't together when I kissed you, so practically you're single." He added, crossing his arms.

"You just kissed me suddenly!!! How is that okay?!?" Kyuhyun asked, his tone rising again.

"YOU KISSED ME BACK!" Ryeowook spat back, a pitch higher than his normal tone, Kyuhyun was again taken aback. "If you didn't want me to kiss you, you should've pushed me away! But what did you do? You kissed me back! You waited for me to pull away! You also liked the kiss! Don't even try to deny it! For 's sake!" Ryeowook bursted out, Tears are welling up, he couldn't cry, he could not let Kyuhyun see him crying.

It hurts. Ryeowook thought. Hearing Kyuhyun begging and pleading for someone that isn't him. It felt like Kyuhyun just stabbed him straight on his heart. Ryeowook's knuckles are turning white, he was controlling himself from bursting.

"It was a mistake." Kyuhyun honestly answered. "I'm seriously asking for your help, just please... help me get him back, you're also at fault here. I couldn't bear to lose him again, Ryeowook..." He explained. "What if you're in my situation? Would you let the love of your life go? That easily?"he asked Ryeowook. He almost laughed at Kyuhyun's words. If only Kyuhyun knew.

"No..." He answered the guy, "I will never, ever let him go." He started, he inhaled deeply, "But he's not even mine to begin with." Ryeowook added, staring straight at Kyuhyun's orbs.

Kyuhyun didn't know but he felt a tug while hearing Ryeowook's words. There was silence before Kyuhyun broke it.

"Help me please Ryeowook. I love him so much, I want to fix things between us, please help me, just once, I just want him to hear the real story." Kyuhyun spoke. Ryeowook saw the tears falling on Kyuhyun's cheeks. It really hurts Ryeowook seeing the love of his life hurting. He doesn't want to see Kyuhyun in pain or sad.

"Okay." Ryeowook told him. "I'm... I'm sorry." He apologized. Kyuhyun looked back at him, he smiled at Ryeowook, thanking him, while wiping his tears.

Ryeowook badly wants to wipe those tears, he wants to wipe the tears Kyuhyun was shedding for his stupid ex.

'If you were just mine, You won't even cry or even shed tears.' He thought.

————————————————————————

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are now outside of Kyuhyun's ex house. This will be their 5th attempt on trying to talk to him, but it seems that the other guy doesn't even care, only Kyuhyun who keeps on chasing him.

The first attempt was the day after Kyuhyun talked to Ryeowook, but Kyuhyun's ex didn't even come to school.

The second attempt was when Kyuhyun practically dragged Ryeowook outside Sungmin's classroom. But, Sungmin just dismissed them telling him he was busy about something.

The third attempt was when Kyuhyun and Ryeowook came to him at the cafeteria. Sungmin, who's with someone at that time, again, just dismissed them. Saying he was talking about something important with the person he's with.

The fourth attempt was by far the dumbest move Kyuhyun thought of. They stalked Sungmin, Sungmin went to a cafe and Kyuhyun, again dragged Ryeowook with him, Ryeowook was at the middle of doing something for his practicals when Kyuhyun barged in and well he agreed to go, he's with Kyuhyun afterall. After years of just watching the man from a far, he's now always with him, not just the way he wanted.

It was the dumbest out of the 4 attempts, Kyuhyun just appeared in front of his causing Sungmin to drop his newly brewed hot americano on his brand new kicks. Sungmin was mad as at Kyuhyun, Ryeowool just stood outside and watched Sungmin storm out the cafe. The guy looked really pissed. Ryeowook mentally slapped Kyuhyun because of his clumsiness.

"He'll open the gate for sure." Kyuhyun assured Ryeowook, it was already half past 10 pm, and here he is, outside their university campus, standing outside of some dude's house. "I used another number, and I said there was a delivery."

"Kyuhyun, I have exams tomorrow." He informed the Guy who's busy texting someone on his phone. Kyuhyun didn't answer him.

"Sungmin, please pick up the phone!" Kyuhyun muttered. They have been waiting for almost an hour.

"You know what? I'm tired." Ryeowook's voice was full of exasperation. He's tired, no, exhausted of Kyuhyun. He's also stressed he failed his practical and needs to make it up with the exams he'll be taking tomorrow, but Ryeowook's here with Kyuhyun, wasting his time.

Ryeowook got out of the car and left Kyuhyun inside, then He walked away. He's so tired of hearing Kyuhyun whine about his ex, Ryeowook was hurting all along. Imagine hearing the object of your affection, the love of your life talk about someone, saying they love that person, he'll give the person his world, will love them endlessly... Ryeowook couldn't stand that anymore. He's in so much pain, realizing that the person Kyuhyun was talking about is not him, will never be him.

"Ryeowook! Hey!" Kyuhyun called out, He was chasing after Ryeowook, but the smaller guys didn't pay attention, he just walked straight, thinking what the hell was he doing? He tried so hard not to cry, not until Kyuhyun stopped chasing after him.

The both of them have been doing this for almost a month now. Once every week. He's helping the man he loves fix his relationship with another person. Truly, what a martyr.

"Ryeowook! Where are you going!" Kyuhyun caught up to him, he held one of Ryeowook's arms to prevent the smaller one from walking away. "You couldn't leave now! Sungmin will be home any minute from now!" Kyuhyun reminded him, he pulled the latter to face him. He saw Ryeowook's face, emotionless, but his eyes, it looks like he's in pain.

"I'm tired." That was what Ryeowook managed to blurt out.

"We didn't even do anything yet? What are you saying?" Kyuhyun asked, He was about to pull him but he removed Kyuhyun's hand on his arm.

"Didn't you hear me???" Ryeowook asked again, controlling himself from bursting. "I'm tired! I'm exhausted! I don't want to do this anymore!"

"What?" Ryeowook closed his fists.

"Aren't you tired?? Sungmin literally doesn't even want to talk to you! Let go of him! He doesn't want you anymore! Wake up!" He screams at the man, his voice echoing on the silent street. Kyuhyun just stood there doing nothing.

"You don't know that! How can you say something absurd!?" Kyuhyun countered. Ryeowook kept his fists closed, feeling the urge to burst but he kept his cool.

"Move on! He doesn't want you anymore! Can't you see that?!?" He asked. "silly of me, of course you won't realize that." Ryeowook scoffed.

"What do you mean?" Kyuhyun asked, confused about Ryeowook's behavior. "You're the one at fault, Ryeowook! If you didn't kiss me that night, if it weren't for that stupid dare you played with your friends, you wouldn't be in this position!" He answered back. Ryeowook gritted his teeth. "Immature." Kyuhyun muttered in his breath.

"May I remind you that you kissed me back! You should've pushed me away, so that Sungmin will really know that it doesn't mean anything!" Ryeowook is now furious, he's at the brink of bursting.

"I didn't want it!" He fought back. "I never wanted it! It was a mistake! I didn't mean to answer the ing kiss! I didn't want it, Ryeowook! I never wanted it! You're the—"

"I wanted it!!!" Ryeowook bursted, he rarely cries, but when he does, it's really something. Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook, He's crying. Kyuhyun didn't know what to do, this was the first time He witnessed Ryeowook cry. "That night, I didn't regret anything! I wanted that! It wasn't a mistake to me, because I wanted to kiss you, I wanted to do that for a long time!!" Ryeowook was choking on his tears.

"What... are you saying?" He asked him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter