Chapter 22

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi wasn't dumb. She had an IQ of 144 for screaming out loud. But somehow that hadn't prepared her to deal with real life social situations. She could blame her lack of social skills for almost all of her previous break ups. Not that there were that many to begin with. 

But she was definitely not ready for a phone confession from a woman who she definitely liked. Usually it was her taking the initiative, this time she was caught off guard. She was someone who planned such things to the T. So yea she was definitely not ready for this. 

She had to answer Yongsun. She'd been quiet for a while now. Yongsun was giving her space, but it was kinda hard when they were in the middle of a lake. She took a deep breath. Another one. 

"Yongsun-"

"Wait before you say anything, you are not obligated to like me back, nor am I going to force you to date me. I just had to tell it out loud because it was getting hard to deal with the feelings."

"Yes I know but-"

Yongsun glared at her for interrupting her. Okay she could take the hint.

"I am not done talking yet. So as I was saying, I just told that so that I could get it off my chest. I'll Understand if you don't reciprocate. As long as the friendship isn't ruined. We're adults"

"Are you done talking? Now its time for you to listen to me"

"Hmm"

"First of all, thank you for telling me, that must have been hard. I speak from experience"

Yongsun raised her eyebrow at this. 

Byulyi continued, "To answer your question, yes I'll go out with you. And no I'm not doing this out of pity or guilt, I genuinely like you. If you hadn't confessed today, I'd have probably done it in a month or so. And thirdly, I won't let anything come in-between our friendship. It's as important for me as it is for you"

A brief moment of silence. 

The sun was setting and it was getting cooler, Yongsun was still as a statue till she shivered a bit at the falling mercury levels. 

"So that's a yes?"

Byulyi nodded. She giggled as she saw Yongsun punch the air. She was always cute but this was especially endearing. 

"Now that this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter