Chapter 1

Nayeon and Momo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Enjoy

Hirai Momo is walking towards her class at slow pace, since of course it’s still early in the morning, no need to rush. The class won’t start for at least 40 minutes. She arrived soon at the door, and tried to open it. As expected, it’s still locked, so she decided to sat on the bench right in front of the class. She took her phone and started to browse the internet, mainly opening Instagram and twitter, searching for news and updates. Soon, she felt someone sat beside her. She knows who it is, but she still looks. It’s her friend, Mina, leaning back to the wall and closed her eyes. Momo chuckled seeing her friend sleeping in the morning, but she knows why. “Training’s been hard?” She asked and Mina just nodded without looking at her or opened her eyes. “I know how much you wanted to win the National Championship after last year’s final defeat, but I hope you spare your body a little bit, Mina.” Momo said and Mina just gave her thumbs up, still closing her eyes. Momo decided to let her friend be, because she knew how much Mina wanted to win the Championship after last year’s disappointment. She probably trained alone until 3-4 a.m., went to bed for like 1-2 hours then go to campus. Oh right, Momo and Mina are University student 2nd year, and Mina is a member of football/soccer club. During last year’s national championship, their university, JYP, lost to their bitter rival, SM, in the final on penalties, and Mina was the one who missed the deciding penalty. Momo still remembers how Mina’s reaction after that missing penalty. She dropped down to the ground, crying. Her teammates tried to consoled her, but it was no use. It took Mina the whole week to forget that final and when she did, she came back with a resolution, to make sure she win this time. Momo can’t blame her, because it’s in her friend’s blood to be competitive, and also to redeem herself. While Momo? Until today, she hasn’t joined any club and she might not want to, because she doesn’t know what she’s good at. Last year, Mina, along with her other friend, Sana, tried to put Momo into one of the clubs, but with no success. Momo is the campus-home-campus-home type of student. She had no skill and commitment that could make her joined one of the clubs. Sana’s club, cheerleaders, was kind enough to gave her a chance to do trial, but no luck. She was rejected. Speaking of which, here comes the bubbly girl now.

“Hey guys. Good morning.” Momo looked up and smiled. This girl is already cheerful this early in the morning. No wonder she’s in contention to be the next cheerleaders’ captain. “Morning Sana.” Sana smiled then looked at Mina, and immediately frowned. “Again?” She asked. “You know how Mina is.” Momo said as Sana took a seat beside her. By now, many students had arrived at the lecture hall, but the hall itself is still locked, so they waited just like the three. Sana, being Sana, looked at Momo’s phone screen to see what she browsed. It may seem like privacy’s breach for some, but Momo didn’t mind at all. There’s nothing to hide. Soon, the teacher arrived and she opened the door then let her students enter the hall. Momo immediately woke Mina up and the sleeping girl understand right away. The three friends entered the class before the teacher closed the door. They took the very back seat, so Mina could continue her sleep. Luckily, this teacher is the type of teacher that doesn’t care what you do in class, as long as you attended the class with perfect attendance and do the necessary work, you’ll be fine. So that’s the morning routine for Hirai Momo.

What about the other one?

Im Nayeon run as fast as she can to avoid being late to the class, because her first class’ teacher is a very strict teacher, and a scary one as well. He already gave ultimatum during the first meeting that he doesn’t tolerate tardiness, no matter what’s the excuse. He also considered attendance as one of the requirements to be able to participate in his mid and final exam. Anyone with less than 80% attendance won’t be able to take the exam. Also, you can’t be slacking off in the class as well, because if you get caught sleeping (like Mina) for example, he’ll tell you to get out straightaway and you will be counted as absent in your attendance. The upside with this teacher is he actually a very good teacher, a fun one to be honest. Not like old professors who will put half to class to sleep during his lecture. So yeah, there’s upside and downside. Anyway, Nayeon is struggli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter