Heartbreak

All it takes is a smile from you

It was the first time that Jongwoon arrived earlier than Kyuhyun. Usually, Kyuhyun would already be seated in the library, studying while he waits for Jongwoon. However, it didn't take long for Kyuhyun to arrive. He looks like he was in hurry to get there.


"I'm sorry. Something came up."


"It's alright. We can skip today if you're busy." Jongwoon offered but Kyuhyun assured him that his earlier commitment was done and he was free to help Jongwoon.


There wasn't really much that he needs to ask from Kyuhyun, he just needs someone to check if he's doing his homework correctly. Jongwoon let Kyuhyun do his own thing while Jongwoon answers his worksheet. Kyuhyun decided to just do his essay while he waits for Jongwoon to finish but suddenly fell sleepy. He was just going to let his head rest on the table for a bit but, he fell asleep.


Jongwoon was so focused in his task that he only noticed that Kyuhyun is already asleep after he was done. He debated whether he should wake Kyuhyun up to check his homework or just wait for him to wake up. Kyuhyun looks so peaceful in his sleep that Jongwoon can't bring himself to wake up the younger. Kyuhyun is still attractive even when he sleeps. Jongwoon can't help but stare. His eyes, his nose, those cheeks... Jongwoon didn't notice that his hand inched closer to touch the younger's face. The back of his hand was about to touch Kyuhyun's cheek but the younger moved a bit which prompted him to retract his hand. Thankfully Kyuhyun didn't wake up. It would be embarrassing. He was just going to take one last look when he noticed Kyuhyun's essay. He was about to read it when someone suddenly called him and he fell off his chair.


"Jongwoon-ah. Are you alright?" Heechul asked.


Jongwoon rubbed his bottom and looked at the culprit, "You surprised me, hyung."


The sound woke Kyuhyun up and he was confused when he saw Jongwoon on the ground.


"What happened? Are you hurt?" Kyuhyun asked as Heechul helped Jongwoon to stand up.


Jongwoon blushed at the embarrassing display "It was nothing. Heechul hyung just surprised me." He explained


"Are you done with your homework? I'm sorry for falling asleep."  Kyuhyun apologized his ears getting a bit red.


"It's alright." Jongwoon smiled at Kyuhyun.


Kyuhyun began checking Jongwoon's paper while Heechul waits for them to finish. Heechul looked at them with an amused face. They just packed up their stuff after they were done and went out of the library.


Jongwoon spoke up after they parted ways with Kyuhyun. "Hyung, you shouldn't sneak up on me like that. I thought I was going to die from heart attack."


"Sure. But I'm most probably not the cause of heart attack." Heechul smirked


"Huh?"


"Nothing. I won't do that again. Kyuhyun should have been woken up by true love's kiss."


Heechul noticed Jongwoon's reddening face, "Come on. It's not like I don't know that you like that first year."


"What are you saying? I don't have a crush on him." Jongwoon tried to deny but Heechul just rolled his eyes.


"You think I didn't notice that you stare at him during meetings? You lack subtlety, woon-ah."


"You're the reason why he became my tutor?!"


Heechul smiled proudly, "Yes. You're welcome."


"It's no use, hyung. He already has someone he likes." Jongwoon quietly answered.


Seeing Jongwoon's sad face, Heechul wondered if he just did something unnecessary and stupid. He just wanted to help Jongwoon, but maybe it was a bad idea. Leeteuk would have his head cut off if Jongwoon comes crying to them with a broken heart.


------

 

"Hey, Kyuhyun. I have something to tell you." Ryeowook said a bit hesistant. They are currently in Kyuhyun's bedroom because Ryeowook decided to sleep over. Ryeowook is sitting on Kyuhyun's bed while Kyuhyun is at his desk writing his essay.


"What?" 


Kyuhyun waited for an answer but Ryeowook didn't continue what he was saying so Kyuhyun put his pen down and turned his attention to Ryeowook. 


Ryeowook took a deep breath before answering, "I have a girlfriend."


Kyuhyun forced himself to smile and pushed the lump that found its way in his throat, "When? You should introduce me to her."


"Actually, we've been dating for a month now. You're not mad at me for not telling you, right?"


"Why would I be mad? It's your life. You can choose when to say things." If anything, Kyuhyun would prefer that he didn't know about it. After all, ignorance is bliss.


Ryeowook smiled gratefully at him, "I met her when I was visiting my hometown during vacation. We kept in contact and started dating a month ago."


Truth be told, he was expecting Ryeowook to tell him that he likes Jongwoon. After all, Ryeowook was gushing about how handsome Jongwoon is and how beautiful that person's voice is. He would even feel a bit of rivalry towards the other but, it was all useless. He felt a bit antagonistic for no reason at all.


They continued to talk about Ryeowook and his new girlfriend. Kyuhyun was trying his best not to show how much it hurts hearing all about their relationship. He can't even cry out his frustration because Ryeowook would be here until tomorrow, possibly hang out for a whole day. He hopes he would last that long.