Chapter 3: A new start

Who Are You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

V’s POV

“You heard her,” I said to Jimin who was following me closely from behind.

“You can’t blame her. She is… clueless,” Jimin said hesitantly. 

“You’re right, but still…,” I sighed in defeat. Jimin was right. We walked back in silence to my rent room. It was 10-minute away from school, but today it felt longer.

Jimin took out the homework for today, as soon as we settled down. The room was quite small for me alone and with Jimin here today, it felt a bit cramped. Living alone in this human world, I did not need much to survive although I still have to work as a part-timer. I only have this small room and the old black Jeep as my transportation. 

“You should really do your homework,” Jimin commented.

I glared at him, not really in the mood. “What? I was just saying. You should at least live like a real student,” he defended himself. I changed myself into a casual outfit before leaving the room. 

I parked the Jeep behind the game arcade as I arrived. The usual spot. Then, I entered the arcade, looking for distraction.

The next day, I did not bother to even greet Chaerin. I was still hurt from her words although I knew it was not her fault. I avoided her the whole day, although I still watched her from afar from time to time. 

How would she react if she knew I was an angel? Her guardian angel.

And bad enough that I felt a connection to her? Was I.. falling for her? But it would be impossible. She was a human.

 

Chaerin's POV

The next day, Jina and I went to a fried chicken restaurant in town after school. After we placed our order, Jina excused herself to the toilet. I scrolled through my social media while waiting for her and our order. Then, I realized someone with an apron on was standing in front of me.

“Look who we have here,” I almost slapped my forehead as I recognised the voice. V. He ignored me the whole day yesterday, and now decided to talk to me as if nothing happened? Jerk.

“You work here?” I asked. He nodded in response. I still felt awkward in this situation, so I just kept quiet.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter