Take My Sweets

Take My Sweets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aside of not celebrating her own birthday every year, Jinsol was also not a type of person who celebrates Halloween. Although she was always willingly and brightly giving chocolates to the kids who were knocking on her door back when she was still in New York, Jinsol never appreciated nor thinks about the essence of the creepy yet full of sweet treats holiday. Call her boring but she really doesn’t celebrate these kinds of season aside of New Year and sometimes Christmas.

 

“Pfft- why would I celebrate those holidays? Every day is just a normal day.” She used to tell those words to herself before.

 

But this year, she’ll spend her night outside and joins her daughter walking around the neighborhood.  Her words turned into the opposite side after she met Jungeun and Yerim the previous year.

 

“Every single day is a special day.” Her daily thought every time she woke up in the morning now.

 

And honestly, she finds it cute every time her child walks into their neighbor’s patio and knocks on the doors before screaming a loud “trick or treat?!” when the entrance opens. Everyone loves the bubbly child and Jinsol can spot the wide smiles on people’s faces when they see a mini Hermione with two pigtails and a wand in her right hand in front of their house. The adorable child deserves to receive lots of treats that night.

 

“Yerimie, how’s our Halloween tour so far?” Jinsol asks after her child waved to an elderly neighbor who gave her a pack of gummy bears.

 

Both Jinsol and Yerim leave and then they start their journey back to their house. It’s getting late now and Jungeun will definitely nag at them if Yerim reach midnight.

 

“My bag is getting heavy, Bruni.” Yerim pouts to her mother who also dressed like her. White silk polo tucked in her black trousers, a red necktie around her collar and a red long robe topped everything. Jinsol is also a Gryffindor like her child.

 

Yerim kept persuading, insisting, and reminding her parents that she wanted to dress like her favorite character from her favorite series on Halloween, which is tonight. She also asked Jinsol to buy her a small beaded bag and so here it is, full of different kinds of sweets. The author could never resist her child’s wishes, especially if Yerim uses her adorable puppy eyes, and she even bought a costume for herself to match Yerim after seeing her cute plea.

 

The mother carries her child carefully before landing a soft kiss on Yerim’s forehead. “Maybe it’ll be better if Bruni carries you while you’re carrying your beaded bag, don’t you think, little witch?” Asks Jinsol and the child grins before nodding.

 

Yerim hugs her beaded bag and tells her mother some stories about what happened to her favorite series Harry Potter, making Jinsol listen intently and react every time the kid acted exaggeratedly. Raising her wand, letting out some spells which always ended up with twisted pronunciations, and doing different kinds of face expressions, they spent their fifteen minute walk like that until they reach the front of their house.

 

“Here’s our last station, Ma’am.” Jinsol playfully announces and the little witch squirms in her arms excitedly.

 

The mother stops her steps in front of their house’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter