Sweet Jealousy

Sweet Jealousy (One-shot)

 

Sweet Jealousy

The man fidgets his both hands as he grabbed onto the water bottle waiting impatiently in front of the television for her first stage of this duet with another guy, other than him. It was as if it was his first debut stage as he feels butterflies started growing in his stomach and roaming everywhere just to makes him feel even more nervous and heart pounding.

“Now, lets’ welcome IU and Seulong who would bring us Nagging~” the mc announced with his smoothing voice who then brings the roar of the audience to scream when he mentions their names, IU, Seulong.

His smile appeared.


♪ neutge daniji jom ma (Stop being out so late)
♪ sureun meolli jom haebwa (Try not to drink so often)
♪ yeol saljjari aecheoreom mareul an deutni (You don't listen to me like a 10 year old child)



She gives a clear start with her sweet voice as she places both hands on her microphone. Giving a wink at the camera before placing her hand on her waist as she looked at the man with a big built standing beside her.


♪ jeongmal useumman nawa (I can only laugh)
♪ nuga nugul bogo aira haneunji ( Who are you calling a child?)
♪ jeongmal useumman nawa (Really, I can only laugh)



That man too placed his hand on his waist and looks affectionately at her and smiles a bit as he sang his lyrics along with the lovely melody before looking back at the audience.


♪ sirheun yaegi hage doeneun nae mameul molla(You don't know how it feels for me to say these things)
♪ joheun yaegiman nanugo sipeun nae mameul molla (You don't know that I only want to say nice things to you)
♫ geumanhalkka? Geumanhaja (Should I stop? Let's stop)



They then looked at each other in the eyes before continuing the chorus. Looking at this scene, the guy’s face slowly turns from a smile with the excited expression to a blank face where you can’t find a single expression.


♪ nun e himeul jugo geobeul jwobwado (Even if you glare and try to scare me)
♪ naegen geujeo gwiyeoun eolgul (Your face is just too cute to me)
♫ ireollae jakku(jakku neo) deoneun mot chamgo(chamgo na) (Are you going to keep this up? (You) I can't hold back anymore)
♫ jeongmal hwanaelji molla (I really might get angry)



The expression now became a face full of a look of worrisome as they reached the last chorus. Seulong places his hands around IU while she pushes him slightly to the side who then gave a face of shocked. He then slowly walks to IU and gave a light knock on her head, a light knock full of love and tease. Nobody can deny that this couple surely is too cute to be hated and their gaze and interactions are bound to get all the fans sitting in front of the television go crazy with their awesome appearance. IU who was standing beside the big built Seulong looks so tiny and little as if she could really be placed in his pockets. It was as if Seulong is the man who could truly protect this fragile little girl against the bad guys in the world and he is the only shining knight who would stand in front of her and let not even a single person to lay their hands on her.


♫ ireon nae mameul mideojwo~ (But trust my feelings~)


IU then took out her hand as Seulong grab it lightly with the both of them staring deep into each other’s eyes. The performance is fantastic, the last note is perfect, the harmony is pleasant and the expressions on their faces are wonderful. They then ends with the two of them giggling awkwardly with eye contact, hand in hand as the audience roar with excitement due to the outstanding performance.

It was then the man made a loud ‘bang’ sound with his water bottle as he hits it hardly onto the table next to him. Throughout this whole three and a half minutes, his face went through a dramatic change. And the expression now? It was a face of jealousy.

“Seulong oppa, thanks for the hard work.” Her voice could be heard through the closed door as it stings the man who continued to stare hard at the television.

“That is amazing Jieun.” The man too replied as he pats gently on the girl’s head who then replied with a soft smile. That man snorted. ‘Jieun?’ he thought, ‘who is he to call her by her real name?’ he snorted through his nose as he looked away from the television.

“Okay, I got to go. I have another recording to do.” he said before leaving.

“Neh. Be careful on the road.” She bowed 90 degree to her sunbae as she watches him leaves before opening the door.

“Yoseob oppa!” she chirps in with a lovely voice as she sat down on the available seat next to him.

“How was the performance?” she asked as she grabbed onto his arms with lips forming into a sweet smile and eyes wide open as she looks at him eagerly waiting impatiently for his reply.

“It was terrible.” He lied without a blink of an eye as he said coldly, without even looking at her.

“Oh…” feeling dejected, she loosen her grip around his arms as she looks down on the sofa and thinks for a while before continuing, “but Seulong oppa say that it is amazing.” She then pouts a little while breathing in through her nose.

Silence then filled up the room as he switched off the television with the remote control on his hand. “So you only listens to whatever he says?” he breaks the silence awkwardly.

“When did you even get so close to him?” he then stated firmly and clearly, he couldn’t repress that horrible feeling poking every inch inside as he turned around.

“Oppa…” she looked at him with eyes wide open, surprised and shocked which leaves her speechless.

She didn’t know what to do; she didn’t know that he would actually react in this way. It was her first time performing this song on music shows. Couldn’t he just even lie to her that it was a brilliant performance even if it was actually a horrible one? She then gulps down her saliva slowly as she looks on the sofa with a look of misery. This is actually the first time that he had actually acted this way. She can’t help to think, ‘is he tired of me?’




“Jieun.” He called out her name softly. It was tears, it was tears.

“Jieun-ah.” He called out again, it was tears that turned his jealousy into heart pain as he furrowed his eyebrows in concern before letting out a word of regret and sorry. He didn’t mean it; he didn’t know that jealousy is such a scary thing that would actually let someone he loved turn into someone that he had just hurt.

“I think I better get going.” She quickly wiped off the tear that she accidentally slipped it down from her eyes as she pushes her hair behind her ears before standing up, preparing to leave.

She hastened her footsteps as the sound of the high heels could be heard at a very fast speed that goes, “click, click, click, click.’ Those were sounds of her heartbeat that she wanted to hide too, afraid that he would mention the word, ‘end’.

Another tear slipped through her eyes the moment she felt a warm embrace around her waist as she reached the door knob. “Bian, Jieun. Bian.”

He slowly sweeps her hair to the front as he leaves a kiss mark on her neck before turning her around. “It was jealousy. That was the devil that controlled me.” he then crashed his lips onto hers as he could feel tears streaming down her eyes like waterfall as he tasted the taste of her tears. It was sweet. It was tears of relieve and happiness.

“Oppa…” they broke off the kiss and enjoy the temperature of each other’s embrace as they cuddles together cutely. The hugs feel like it was even sweeter than the ones they had in the past, it was a hug that represents trust, reliance and reassured love.

“That performance is actually pretty awesome isn’t it?” Jieun asked cutely as she broke silence though she started to play with her fingers behind Yoseob’s back.

“A performance that actually makes me jealous wouldn’t be a terrible one.” He said shyly as he tightens his hug, increasing the temperature of their embrace.

“I just made a discovery today.” She tried to suppress her laughter as she hits lightly on his back.

“What discovery?” he asked.

“You actually love me more than what I expected.” She said slowly yet clearly as Yoseob’s face starts to blush and almost blend in to the colour of a tomato.

He didn’t reply but continue to keep her in his embrace. Though he didn’t say anything, but IU knows that he sure is the possessive type.



He might not have that big built, he might not have the strength but he sure has something that no one could defeat, a true heart that cares only for IU.

-

 

Thanks everyone for reading. ;D
Do leave a comment to tell me how you think so maybe i can write an even better one-shot?
Haha, thanks. Thanks. (: