j.a.r.v.i.s

3000

Yujin doesn’t know what to expect when she comes to her daughter’s kindergarten class, being world famous and all. But she doesn’t worry much, since everyone there would be young children, and hopefully— mature adults.

 

Ahn Yujin played Iron Woman in the recent reboot of the Iron Man films, which captured the deceased hero’s granddaughter as the new Iron Man, and she was more than happy to successfully portray the role. Being in the spotlight was new and very much awkward to Yujin, but being the best new actress in town was a title Yujin could live with.

 

“Mommy! Green!” Her daughter exclaims, and she snaps out of her daydreaming, taking a quick glance at the traffic light before stepping on the gas, feeling the speed of the car pick up.

 

“Thanks sweetheart,” Yujin says, gripping onto the steering wheel.

 

“Are you nervous mommy?” Her daughter asks, absolutely ready to mother.

 

“What? Of course not Yul,” Yujin scoffs, turning into the neighbourhood where the kindergarten was located, slowing down once she saw a few pedestrians.

 

“It’s okay mommy, school isn’t difficult!” Yuri says with a bright smile, Yujin just chuckling at her statement.

 

Yeah right, try telling that to a high schooler.

 

“Do you know what you’ll be learning today?” Yujin asks, pulling in to the curb that was located a short walk away from the kindergarten.

 

“Colours!” Yuri exclaims, and Yujin smiles, turning off the engine to then turn to look at her daughter.

 

“Didn’t you already learn that with me?” Yujin asks, a prideful smirk on her lips.

 

“Yeah but Miss Eunbi teaches better!” Yuri says with a giggle, Yujin gasping in shock before exiting the car, jogging towards the other side of the vehicle.

 

She opens the door to reveal Yuri wearing a sheepish smile, and Yujin leans against the door, cocking an eyebrow.

 

“Let’s see how good Miss Eunbi can teach then,” Yujin offers a hand and Yuri giggles as she takes it, hopping onto the curb, leaving her backpack in the leg space.

 

“Do I have to carry your bag for you?” Yujin asks, and Yuri nods enthusiastically.

 

“I wanna be a princess today!” Yuri says, skipping off as Yujin rolls her eyes playfully, picking her bag off the car’s floor with ease as she watched Yuri from afar, locking the car before speed walking towards her daughter.

 

Yuri came to her in an odd situation, a situation she still didn’t understand to this day. She found Yuri in a box in an alleyway, the newborn crying her heart out, Yujin’s breath hitching once she saw the umbilical cord still attached to the baby. Yujin may have not been at her financial best at that time, but that didn’t strip her of her human compassion. So she cradled the child in her arms, albeit awkwardly, and she rushed her to the hospital. Once she was asked who’s child it was, there was only one answer in her mind.

 

Mine,”

 

“Mommy~ you’re so slow~” Yuri whines, and Yujin jogs up to her with ease, her long legs proving their use.

 

“Do you really want me to run?” Yujin asks, and Yuri ponders before answering.

 

“Only if you carry me,” Yuri says slyly, but Yujin shakes her head, stopping her from moving forward.

 

“Hate to break it to you, but we’re here Princess,” Yujin points an extended thumb towards the gate of the kindergarten, and Yuri pouts, but she happily skips into the school, greeting an older woman, who Yujin can only assume is Eunbi.

 

“Hello,” Yujin says, bowing a bit.

 

“Hello Yujin-ssi,” Eunbi says with a bright smile, bowing in return.

 

“Y- you know my name?” Yujin questions taken aback, but Eunbi only laughs.

 

“Everybody knows your name Yujin-ssi, come on, Yuri will show you her classroom,”

 

“Come on mommy!”


 

——


 

After a few awkward greetings and waves, Yujin is finally seated next to her daughter, colouring a space ship together.

 

“There are no rainbows in space!” Yujin argues, but Yuri shakes her head.

 

“Anything can exist in space if you use your imagination!” Yuri counters, and Yujin wants to retaliate, but the sight of the little boy in front of them trembling catches her attention.

 

“A- a— y- you,” the child has his mouth and eyes wide open as he stares at Yujin, who shoots him a loopy smile.

 

“Yes?” Yujin asks, genuinely concerned for his well being.

 

“Are you— Iron Woman?” He asks, starting to look like a tiny frog with his expression.

 

“Well- uhh- actually—”

 

“Yeah! Yeah she is! She’s Iron Woman!!” Yuri suddenly intervenes, and Yujin wants to say something to defend herself, but the boy beats her to it.

 

“Oh my god! Can you summon your suit at will?!”

 

“Well- I—”

 

“Yeah she can!! Do it mommy do it!!” Yuri chants excitedly, and Yujin wants to jump into a hole- but she didn’t want to disappoint the kid- though the lack of CGI she currently had wasn’t helping with her situation.

 

She raises her hands into the air, and she makes them tremble a bit, as if she were in the film, trying to summon her suit directly onto her body.

 

“J.A.R.V.I.S,” Yujin calls, almost exactly like she did in the film, best new actress in town indeed.

 

“WOOAH WOAH-WAIT WAIT!” the boy yelps in shock, jumping off his chair to take cover from the ‘incoming’ suit parts. “Don’t do it don’t do it! You’ll break the walls!” The boy reasons, and Yujin can’t help but laugh.

 

“Right- I won’t do it,” Yujin says, putting her hands back down.

 

“Hyunjae? Are you alright? Why are you on the floor?” A new voice suddenly says, and Hyunjae jumps into the air, hugging the new pair of legs.

 

“Iron Woman tried to summon her suit for me!” Hyunjae tells, and said Iron Woman looks up at the new woman, who was dressed in a blazer and slacks, and Yujin almost blacks out, her heart about to fly higher than she did in one of those suits.

 

“But I told her not to so she won’t break Miss Eunbi’s walls’,”

 

“Iron Woman? What are you—” the woman turns to her, and Yujin awkwardly smiles at the look of shock on her face.

 

“Hi,” is all Yujin gets out of , and Yuri squints at her superhero, who’s starting to blush at the sight of the very very pretty woman in front of her.

 

“Hi!” She says with a ridiculously bright smile, and Yujin almost shrinks into the size of a 4 year old girl.

 

“I’m Yujin,” Yujin says with a giddy smile, and Minjoo chuckles, sitting down in the tiny seat next to Hyunjae.

 

“I know,” Minjoo says with a shy smile. “It’s an honour to meet you— Hyunjae is a big fan— right Jae?” Minjoo asks the boy who was presumably her son, who turns to Yujin in a state of panic.

 

“Y-yeah! Me and mommy watched the movie 5 times!” Hyunjae exclaims, his eyes turning into crescents at the excitement of meeting the star of the film.

 

“Really?” Yujin lets out an awkward chuckle, her eyes darting all over the place so she wouldn’t have to maintain eye contact with Hyunjae’s mother.

 

“I’m Minjoo— by the way,” she says with a soft smile, and an idea pops into Yujin’s head, but she has no clue whether it would be appropriate to execute said idea.

 

“N-nice to meet you,” Yujin says, her nervousness so obvious to the point where Yuri had to hold back a laugh.

 

“Hyunjae,” Yujin says, earning the boy’s attention.

 

“Do you want to see the suit after shcool? Without the walls in the way,” Yujin asks with a hopeful smile, and Hyunjae’s mouth goes wide.

 

“Can we mommy?! Oh my god can we mommy?!” Hyunjae almost screams, shaking her mother in an attempt to beg the woman for her permission.

 

“Woah woah— you know I have a meeting at—”

 

“But mommy— when else are we going to see Iron Woman?!” Hyunjae reasons, trying his best to make his words a whisper, and Minjoo ponders for a moment, and though Yujin is hoping for her answer to not be a negative, the look on Minjoo’s face was making her lose hope.

 

“You can go on your own—”

 

“But you’re a big fan of Iron Woman too mommy!” Hyunjae reminds, and Minjoo sighs, turning to Yujin to offer her a tired smile.

 

“Well—”

 

“You even said she was the hottest super hero!” Hyunjae exclaims, and Minjoo gulps, her face turning a bright red at Hyunjae’s blabbering.

 

“Okay okay! We’ll go we’ll go,” Minjoo caves in, not wanting Hyunjae to remark anymore about her thoughts on Yujin as Iron Woman.

 

“Is it alright if I stay for a while with Hyunjae at your house?” Minjoo asks gently, and Hyunjae has an excited look on his face, tapping both his feet on the ground.

 

“You can stay forever pretty lady!” Yuri replies on behalf of Yujin, and Yujin wants to slap her for saying such things, but all she can do is close and open like a fish, Minjoo only giggling at her.

 

“Y-yeah- of course you can stay,” Yujin says with a dopey smile, and Minjoo nods as she maintains eye contact with the floor, muttering a quick thank you.

 

“Forever?” Minjoo asks, finally daring to look Yujin in the eye.

 

“As long as you’d like,” Yujin says with a soft smile, and Hyunjae squints at her mother, but he says nothing.

 

“Okay class! Today we’re going to learn—”