What time is it where you are?

Jetlag

Jonghyun yawns, it's 2 in the morning and he's been sick the whole day but he keeps his eyes open while talking to his boyfriend.

"Are you sleepy, baby?" Minho asks, his voice husky through the other line.

"Yeah... A little." Jonghyun doesn't lie, "But I wanna hear more of your voice, so it's okay."

"How's your cold? I read your text earlier. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to take care of you personally."

"It's okay. I think I might come down with a flu, I can already feel it..."

Minho pauses for a moment before he speaks again, making sure that Jonghyun stops yawning continuously.

"Baby?" The younger asks, Jonghyun responds with a soft 'hmn?'

"You can call me later, I'll stay up for you, okay?" Minho whispers against the mouthpiece.

"Okay. I love you, Minho."

"Good night baby. I love you too."

The phonecall gets cut off and Minho removes the phone from his ear. He looks up to see his bandmates staring at him, "Baby? That's just so... Vomit-inducing."

"How's he? Is he sick?" Onew chimes in, looking up from the newspaper he's 'reading' but really he's just looking at the pictures.

Minho looks at Key first, "Get your own boyfriend and I'm pretty sure we'll be swimming in our vomit." The tallest then looks at Onew, "He said he's fine, but he's pretty sure he's coming down with a flu."

"Poor Jong-hyung. He still has Immortal song and he's got rehearsals then he'll have to come home to an empty house while we still have four days of sightseeing while we're here." Taemin tells them without even looking up from the Science book he's reviewing for school.

"Well, it can't be helped. We're not here just to go sightseeing. We're here to be sighted as well." Key adds in, their conversation ends when their manager calls them out.

"Time to go, boys!"

"Where are we off to today?" Onew asks as he marches up to their manager.

"You're going on a city tour with your sunbaenims. Let's go, they're all waiting outside already." The manager tells them, Key and Onew take their bags, Taemin shuts his book and follows their manager, Minho stares at his phone on his hand without moving.

"Minho? You coming?" Onew calls back, the tallest nods and runs out of the door.

-----

Jonghyun sneezes and rubs his nose, "How's your day?" He asks between sniffles.

"Pretty tiring..." Minho's voice is husky, his phone resting beside his pillow with his ear against it.

Jonghyun sneezes again, "I'm having dinner. Chinese takeout like always."

"Are you alone?"

"Yeah... Went to the rehearsals and I think I may have pushed my voice to the limit." Minho can picture Jonghyun pouting, even without seeing his boyfriend upclose.

Jonghyun doesn't continue speaking, he listens until Minho stops yawning on the other side of the line.

"Minho?"

"Yeah?"

"What time is it where you are?" Jonghyun asks after sneezing again.

The taller checks the clock on his bedside, "It's 3am.."

"Get some rest."

"But I wanna hear more of you... It makes me feel relieved that I can speak to you even if you're sick."

"Do... Do you have something to do later?" Jonghyun asks, "Well, we'll go out with Tohoshinki-sunbaenim." Minho responds while fighting back a yawn.

"With Changmin-hyung?"

Minho smirks and speaks with a hoarse voice, "Jealous?"

Jonghyun pouts, "Yeah. Always."

"You're so cute." Minho giggles, his eyes tearing a little due to sleepiness.

The lines gets silenced, Minho sits up when he hears Jonghyun sniffle continuously, and he's pretty sure it's not because he's sick anymore.

"I really miss you, you alien."

"Baby, I'll be home soon, don't cry." His heart clenches, he hates it when his boyfriend cries. It hasn't been that long since they've been together (they realized they are in love with each other after Jonghyun's leg injury and Minho took care of him every time of every day) and this is the longest they've been separated away from each other; too far, too long of a time.

And Jonghyun goes on and on about how he hates being sick and for the first time hates his beautiful voice because he had to be flown back to Seoul for the show instead of spending more time in Europe with Minho.

Suddenly Onew walks inside the tallest's room, "Oh you're up! Come on! Breakfast, and then take a shower!" The leader walks out of his room, Minho looks at his clock, it's 6 in the morning. The noonas will rant about how dark his bags are for sure.

"That's Onew-hyung, right?" Jonghyun suddenly changes the subject, "What time is it now there?"

"It's 5 minutes past 6."

"Omo! I didn't let you sleep, time zones are such a pain in the neck..."

"And you missed taking your medicine..."

"That too."

"Get some rest, baby. You're sick. You'll need it more than me."

"I'm so sorry you had to stay awake all morning... Try to grab naps whenever you can..."

"I will. I love you."

"Me too. I'll hang up now."

-----

"Talk about endurance!" Key exclaims after Minho explains how he's really sleepy and how his head is splitting due to pain. It's a little after lunch and they've been to a nice Italian restaurant earlier and now they're currently in the Louvre's lobby, waiting for some of their sunbaes to arrive so they can tour the museum.

Minho's bandmates has been asking him why he keeps taking (stealing) naps in between every chance he gets - on makeup, on the bus, while waiting for orders, while waiting for the bill and on the bus again.

"Three more days, hyung! We'll be home soon!" Taemin taps his shoulder as if encouraging him for more patience until their flight back to South Korea.

Minho scans the lobby and finds Onew speaking intently to their manager, the oldest looks worried but takes in every instructions of their manager like a true young leader should. Their manager leaves for a moment and Minho takes this chance to talk to Onew.

"What's wrong, hyung?"

Onew smiles brightly, "Just a few changes in our schedule. Don't worry."

Minho nods, signalling dismissal of the subject, the tallest then walks back to where Taemin and the others are.

The tour goes on for a few hours with Minho constantly checking on his phone, 3 hours inside the museum and he just can't take it anymore, "Key."

"Yeah?" Key acknowledges him but without tearing his eyes off the Mona Lisa.

"Is your phone's signal broken or something?"

Key scoffs then checks his phone, "Not broken, Minho. What's wrong?"

"Jonghyun hasn't contacted me yet. I'm just worried."

"It's 4 in the afternoon here. He might still be sleeping. You know he doesn't like mornings." Key walks on to the next painting, Minho follows behind him.

"If I'm correct it's between 7 or 8 am in Korea now. He's probably awake."

"Then call your 'baby' already! He'll be happy to hear your voice for sure." Key smiles then walks on to the next painting again.

"But he's not answering his phone..." Minho whispers into the air as he holds onto his phone tighter.

The tour ends around 7 in the evening and Minho heads to bed the moment he steps into his bedroom (he used to share it with Jonghyun before he flew back to South Korea), his worries about his boyfriend forgotten for a moment.

Minho wakes up the next day around 10 in the morning, glad not to have any schedules for today since, admittedly, he overslept. He checks his phone immediately to get more worried that there are no messages from Jonghyun.

He runs out of the bedroom and looks for their leader, "Hyung!"

Onew almost drops his toast out of surprise, "Yes, Minho?"

"Do you have any news from Jonghyun? He hasn't contacted me at all!" Minho is frantic, Onew laughs nervously, "He's fine."

"He's not. Don't lie to me, please. This is my boyfriend we're talking about."

Onew is never good at lying, probably never lied in his entire life and with Minho's piercing eyes, he couldn't help but spill, "He's got a bad flu, and he told manager hyung not to tell you so you wouldn't worry. He also backed out of Immortal song."

"So who's taking care of him at the dorm?"

"Hyung's going on a flight back to Incheon later so he left me with all the schedules until we go home the day after tomorrow."

Minho smiles and thanks Onew for the information, but instead of returning to his room, he runs out to find their manager.

-----

Jonghyun cuddles under his blanket. He's been sick all day and he misses his boyfriend, but the urge not to make Minho worry about him is stronger than being whiny over the phone when they talk.

He tries reading a book, but he couldn't keep focus. He's been tossing and turning but he just couldn't sleep, even if he's feeling tired already.

Jonghyun checks his watch, 7 in the evening, 2 more days (a day and a half, really) and his bandmates will be home. He thinks about Minho, how he wishes he's next to him now, playing, teasing, hugging, kissing. The thoughts almosts makes him cry, and his longing for his boyfriend lulls him to sleep.

-----

The bedroom door creeks, and being alone, Jonghyun does the bravest thing he can think of; hide under his sheets.

I'm going to die... I'm going to die...

The weight of the bed shifts and he feels an arm wrap around him, and the scent is so familiar to him so he removes the sheet and faces his midnight intruder.

"You're not supposed to come home until a day and half days from now..." Jonghyun whispers as he presses his cheek on the person beside him's chest.

"There's no one who can ever take care of you better than me... But for now, let's sleep, please?" Minho pulls Jonghyun closer, kissing the older boy's forehead and brushes his hair with his fingers.

"I really missed you, baby..." Jonghyun cries out, sobbing on his boyfriend's chest, he looks up to meet Minho's lips and smiles to the kiss.

"I'm home now, I missed you too."