Finale

Hot Chocolate

Eunha tightening her jacket and scarf to prevent the cold winter wind from attacking her before walked out of the university building briskly, making her way through people mostly students. She was half running until the sight of her favorite coffee shop right at the corner of the street enter her sight. She allowed herself to finally slow down and let her feet led her into the coffee shop.

The sound of bell chimes greets her the moment she pushes the door open along with the strong smell of coffee which made Eunha finally let out a sigh of relief.

“Welcome- oh Eunha!” Yerin greeted, her eyes twinkling as she opens however before she could say anything, Eunha glared at the older girl and grumbled, “Not now Yerin unnie.”

Yerin raised her eyebrows, “Wow someone is grumpy.”

“Shut up,” Eunha groaned before she walked to her usual table – the one that is right beside the window – and throw herself on the chair. She let her head rest on the cold table and let out another sighed.

Today was not her day, not only that she was late on her morning class where her lecturer suddenly decides to throw a surprise exam, she also forgets to bring her assignment that she spends two days to finish it for her next class which made her lecturer scolds her in front of the whole class for at least thirty minutes before told her to submit it to him before 12 PM making Eunha did a mad dash from her university to her dorm and to university again to submit it.

Needless to say, she was really tired and she has no time to listen to Yerin teasing no matter how much she likes the older girl.

Eunha doesn’t know how long she stayed in that position – at some point, she probably even dozes off – when a soft thud accompanied by the smell of chocolate entering her sense.

Eunha looked up and suddenly she couldn’t hear anything aside from her heart beat that beat so fast as if it was making a happy song on its own. She could feel all her of her blood rush into her face especially when she saw that warm dark chocolate eyes looking at her with that smile.

That perfect smile that never stops haunt Eunha in her dreams.

“Long day?” Sowon asked.

Wordlessly, Eunha nodded.

“I hope this will cheer you up,” Sowon said as she gestures at the hot chocolate – Eunha’s favorite drink – and Crème Brulee that she just put on Eunha’s table, “It’s on the house.”

“T-Thank you.”

Sowon just nodded her head – she still had that perfect smile on her face – before softly patted Eunha’s head and walked away, leaving Eunha who this time slumped on her seat with a sad sighed and small pouted before she reaches out for her hot chocolate drink all while ignoring Yerin who snicker at her from behind the counter.

 

XXX

 

It all started simple.

Eunha was trying to find a place to finish her final assignments because just for her luck, the internet in her dorm was down. Sadly the only place she knows which is her university library was full of students who share the same fate as hers. Her best friend, Yuju who also in the same department as her offers Eunha to go with her to her father's company and use the internet there but Eunha feels uncomfortable doing that so she declined the offer.

That is when her other best friend, SinB told her about the small coffee shop at the corner of the street. According to SinB, the beverages there are good and easy for the pocket, have a good internet connection and the place was cozy.

Trusting SinB’s words, Eunha quickly went to the coffee shop that SinB told her all while hoping that the coffee shop won’t be as full as the library is.

Fortunately for her, the coffee shop that SinB told her about was not as full as the library as Eunha still can see a few empty tables around. Thanking her luck, she quickly went to the empty table near the window, putting her bag there before line up to order some drink and maybe cake.

Eunha never really a coffee person but if drinking coffee means she can do her assignments then she will just do that. Whatever it takes to finish her assignments. Thankfully the line was not that long and Eunha was standing in front of the cashier before too long.

“Hello, welcome to the Summer Rain Coffee Shop, how can I help you?” the girl behind the cashier asked with a bright smile. On her right chest was a nameplate with Yerin on it.

Eunha's eyes scanned the menu board up on the wall, looking for a drink that seems less coffee-y.

“Uhm… did you happen to have something that is less coffee-y?” Eunha finally asked in a shy tone of voice making Yerin look at her confusedly (Eunha couldn’t blame the girl after all this is coffee shop) while Eunha blushed and looked down.

Yerin opens but before she could say anything another voice came.

“May I recommend some hot chocolate?”

Eunha looked up and saw behind the cashier girl there was another girl, standing while holding a box in her hands. Unlike Yerin who tied her hair into a high ponytail, this girl put her hair into a messy bun, a few stray strands falling on her face but Eunha couldn’t help but think that the style suits the girl so much. She looked at Eunha with a small smile which makes Eunha involuntary blushed harder.

“Y-yes,” Eunha softly answered, “I-I’ll have the hot chocolate please.”

Yerin nodded, “Okay, one hot chocolate coming up!” she said as she put the order on the machine and give the struck towards Eunha who quickly paid for it.

“Please wait for a while, we will bring the drink to you,” Yerin said which Eunha nodded her head and quickly walked away towards her table.

Calming her heart, she quickly pulled out her laptop and books before started to work for her assignments. She was so focused on it that she almost forgets about her order until it was put on her table which makes her jump in surprise.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to surprise you,” a soft voice said and Eunha blushed when she saw that it was the girl who recommends the hot chocolate to her before.

“T-thank you…” Eunha said before she looked at the nameplate and quickly added, “Sowon-ssi,”

Sowon nodded her head, “Please do enjoy your drink.” she said before she walked away, leaving Eunha looking at her for a few seconds before she quickly snapped out of it and went back to her assignments.

Eunha didn’t know how long she’s been looking at her laptop and working for the assignments but when she finally finished her work, the sky already dark and there was no other customer aside of herself in the coffee shop. Eunha's eyes widened before she quickly looks at her watch, 10.30 PM, no wonder there was no other customer. In fact, Eunha was so sure that the coffee shops were supposed to close by now as there was no other staff aside from Sowon who was sitting behind the corner, reading a book.

Probably sensing Eunha looking at her, Sowon looked up from her book and gave a small smile towards Eunha, “Oh? Are you done?” Sowon asked.

“Y-Yes! I-I am so sorry!” Eunha said as she hastily closes her laptop and put it in her bag, “I-I didn’t know-“

Sowon let out a small chuckled, she put the bookmark on the last page she read and close it.

“It’s okay, I understand,” she said, “The internet at the dorm was not the greatest.”

Eunha blinked, “You know?” she asked.

“I was an alumnus in there so I know how bad it is and how easy it went down,” Sowon said as she put her book inside her small sling bag and walked out from the counter, “Besides most of the customers today was complaining about it along with their assignments.”

“Oh…” Eunha said before she stood up abruptly, nearly toppling the chair backward when she saw Sowon walked towards her and took the empty mug on the table, “I-I am so sorry!!” she bowed.

Sowon let out a small laugh, “Relax,” she said as she tapped Eunha’s shoulder a bit making the smaller girl looked up, “No need to be so tense…” Sowon trailed off, Eunha realizing what Sowon mean quickly answered, “Eunha, I-I’m Jung Eunha.”

Sowon smiled, “I think you know my name already but for the courtesy purpose-“ Eunha laughed, “I’m Kim Sowon, nice to meet you Eunha-ssi.”

“Nice to meet you too, Sowon-ssi!”

Sowon shook her head, “You don’t need to be that formal, I believe I am just a few years older than you. You can call me unnie if you want.”

“T-Then please just call me Eunha,”

“Okay Eunha,” Sowon said, “Do you mind waiting for a little bit?”

“Huh?”

Sowon shows Eunha the mug on her hand, “I need to wash this for a bit and then we can walk home together.”

“O-Oh no! I couldn’t possibly-“

“It’s okay, it’s dangerous to walk at night alone,” Sowon said before teasingly added, “And don’t worry, I am not a bad person. Promise.”

“No-No,” Eunha quickly shook her head, “I-it’s not that I thought you as a bad person! I just don’t want to inconvenience you, Sowon unnie!”

“You are not, my place near the dorm so I will pass it on the way home.”

“B-But,”

Sowon smiled, “Really, don’t worry Eunha.”

Eunha looked down, her heart beat fast and she could feel the blood that rushes to her face, “O-Okay…” she softly said.

 

XXX

 

“Coffee shop romance, huh? How cliché.”

Eunha heard SinB said from beside her and quickly pulled the book up to cover her face and the fact that she’s been staring at Sowon for the past few minutes.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” in front of them, Yuju asked as she happily sipped on the coffee milk she just bought before which made SinB scoffed in disbelieve.

“You can’t possibly say that you didn’t realize the obvious crush that our friend here,” SinB gesture towards Eunha who now glaring at her, “-have towards” SinB now gesture towards Sowon who was standing behind the counter and restocking, “her.”

Yuju blinked and Eunha feels like she could see the gear turning on her head before suddenly Yuju shouted, “SERIOUSLY?!”

“Yuju, not so loud!!” Eunha hissed angrily before quickly covered her now burning face as she could feel everyone around them, including Sowon, was looking at their table now.

“Sorry!” Yuju hissed back, “But really, you towards Sowon unnie?!”

Eunha looked at her book, refusing to answer while SinB just shook her head, “You really don’t know?” SinB asked before clicked her tongue, “Why do you think we always hang out in this coffee shop for the past few months?”

“Because the drinks are great and cheap!” Yuju said as she gestures at her coffee milk, “That and I thought you like to have a small banter with Yerin unnie.”

SinB frowned while Eunha quickly turned towards SinB, “Yes, what about you and Yerin unnie?” Eunha said as she nudged SinB who slapped Eunha’s hand in return, ignoring Eunha yelp.

“Nothing,” SinB said as her frowned become deeper when she looked at Yerin who was happily talking with one of the customers.

“Why I feel like there is more than that?” Yuju said while Eunha just let out a small chuckle at her friend's obvious jealousy.

She could see why SinB has a crush on Yerin, the older girl despite her constant teasing (Eunha couldn’t even count how many times Yerin about her crush towards Sowon) was a kind, friendly and bright girl. She can also be persistent in fact, the first time Yerin and SinB talked was because of Yerin's persistence. According to SinB’s story, Yerin keeps talking to her when she was doing her assignments in here because the older girl was bored. SinB told her that she was so annoyed by the girl, but Eunha knew she was secretly enjoying it because why else she keeps coming back?

And truthfully for someone like SinB, Yerin was the perfect person for her.

“Shut up, this is not about me.” SinB said with a huff before she turns to look at Eunha, “This is about Eunha and her obvious crush on Sowon unnie.”

“I am not-“

“Here is your order Eunha,”

Eunha quickly shut and turn towards Sowon who smiled at her while putting the hot chocolate and cookies on the table carefully.

“T-Thank you unnie,” Eunha softly mumbled before looked at the cookies confusedly, “I didn’t order this…”

“It’s on the house,” Sowon said, “It tastes great with the hot chocolate and I know you need an extra energy boost to finish your assignment.” Sowon gestures at the book and papers that sprawled on the table and smiled, “I hope you can finish it on time. Good luck you three,” Sowon said and walked away but not before she patted Eunha’s head which made SinB and Yuju grinned teasingly at her.

“Stop that!” Eunha said as she throws a crumpled paper towards Yuju and nudges SinB to wipe the grin on their face.

“Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t catch it until now.” Yuju said as she picks up the crumpled paper that Eunha throws to her and put it in the middle of the table before laughed happily, “That was so obvious!”

“Shut it,” Eunha mumbled before she buried her face on the book again, trying to ignore her best friends.

 

XXX

 

“Where is Sowon unnie, Yerin unnie?” Eunha asked as she looked around. She hasn’t seen the older girl ever since she enters the place which is ten minutes ago. Usually, Sowon will be standing behind Yerin, making the order.

“Miss her already?” Yerin teased.

“I-“ Eunha looked away, a small blush adorning on her face, “I-I’m just curious because usually, Sowon unnie is the one who makes the order…”

Yerin laughed, “Don’t worry, we will make sure to make your order as sweet as how Sowon unnie made it.” Yerin said before she leaned closer to Eunha and smirk, “Ah but probably you still won’t find it satisfying because it is not her who makes it.”

“Shut up,” Eunha grumbled as she shoves Yerin lightly away which makes the older girl laughed harder.

“You know, you need to step up on your game Eunha,” Yerin said as she put Eunha’s order in. There is no one behind Eunha and the shop was not that crowded today so Yerin took her time to tease Eunha.

“Mind your own business please…”

“Tell you what, I will help you,” Yerin said before she stares at Eunha for a long minute.

Eunha frowned, growing uncomfortable before she finally gives up and sighs, “What are you doing unnie?”

“Looking at you.”

“I can see that; I am asking you why you do that.” Eunha said before she sarcastically adds, “Is there something on my face?”

Yerin smiled, “Yes,”

“Huh?!”

“There is beauty all over your face.”

Eunha groaned.

“What? I think that is a great pick up line!”

“No.”

 

XXX

 

“Eunha, wake up.”

Eunha slowly opens her eyes, she looks up dazedly – still half asleep – before quickly get up as soon as she saw where she is, making the small blanket on her back fell.

“Oh gosh…” She said in embarrassment, “I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s okay, you are tired,” Sowon said with a smile which makes Eunha blushed even more.

“But I shouldn’t-“

“Don’t worry,” Sowon said, “Yuju told me that you guys have been up all night for the past few days due to your big project.”

“Still… I shouldn’t fall asleep…” Eunha mumbled shyly as she gathers all her things on the table – silently cursing Yuju for not waking her up and from the look of it, also leaving her all alone – and as she about to grab her bag on the chair she saw the small blanket on it.

“Huh…?” Eunha took the blanket and she looked at it curiously.

“It’s mine,” Sowon said which made Eunha almost jumped in surprise as she forgot that the older girl was still there. “I hope you don’t mind that I put it on you.”

Eunha blushed, “N-No, I don’t mind. Thank you, Sowon unnie.” she softly said as she offered the blanket towards Sowon who took it from her and neatly folded it before walked behind the counter to put the blanket back.

“The owner told us to stock up some weird stuff in here,” Sowon said with a small laughed when she saw Eunha looked all confused. “I think he thought that at some point we will be stuck in a snowstorm with no electricity, hence he told us to put our blanket in the store.”

“Oh…”

Eunha looked outside, the sky already dark and no one aside from her and Sowon inside the coffee shop. It reminds her badly of the first time she met Sowon.

“Shall we go?” Sowon voice brought Eunha's attention away from the dark sky outside the window and towards her.

Eunha nodded with a blush.

She took back all the curses she just threw at Yuju.

 

XXX

 

The sound of bell chimes along with the strong smell of coffee enter her senses as soon as Eunha pushes the door open. Smiling happily, she was about to take a step in when she saw Sowon talking with a really pretty girl. A bright happy smiled placed on her face and soon it become a laugh when the other girl said something. She then put her hand on the top of the girl's head, patting it softly.

Eunha's hand went to her chest and clenched it tightly. Her heart beat painfully as she watched the scene in front of her and before she knew it, she already turns around and walked away from there. For a second, she thought that she heard Sowon calling her name. But really why should she when another perfect girl is standing in front of her.

Why should she even spare a glance towards Eunha?

 

XXX

 

“You sure you don’t want to go to the coffee shop?” SinB asked as she looked at Eunha who instead of working her assignment like she always do in the coffee shop, do it at the library.

“I am sure,” Eunha said flatly.

SinB groaned, “Why are you even like this, you don’t know for sure who is that girl is,”

Eunha keeps mummed.

“What if she is her sister?” SinB challenged.

Eunha sighed, “If that girl is her sister and she acts like that towards her, that means I still didn’t stand a chance.”

“And why is that?” This time it was Yuju who asked that. She’s been working her assignment in silence and just listen to Eunha and SinB’s conversation until now.

Eunha smiled sadly, “Because that means she only saw me as a little sister.”

“Again, you don’t know that.”

“She treats me like her little sister, so of course she sees me as one.”

“I am confused,” Yuju said, frowning, “So you rather have that girl as someone special for Sowon rather than her as the little sister?”

Eunha just shrugged before she continues doing her assignment making SinB groaned loudly.

“Fine, do whatever you want, you stubborn girl!”

 

XXX

 

“Hello.”

Eunha blinked. She couldn’t believe who was standing in front of her. It’s been a few weeks since the last time she saw Sowon and the older girl still looks as beautiful as Eunha remembers.

“Hi…” Eunha softly mumbled, silently cursing her heart that beat fast as soon as she saw the older girl.

“I hope you don’t mind I came here,” Sowon said as she took a few steps so she can stand closer to Eunha, “I ask Yuju and SinB and they told me that you will be here.”

Eunha silently cursed at her traitor best friends.

Sowon gave Eunha a small smile before she offered Eunha a drink she’s been holding, “Hot chocolate, your favorite.”

“Thank you unnie…” Eunha softly said before she took it from Sowon.

Eunha took a small sip of her hot chocolate while Sowon watching her.

They stay in silence for a while before Sowon finally said, “I am sorry,”

Eunha looked at Sowon in surprise, “Why are you saying sorry, unnie?”

“I ask your friends-“

Eunha honestly wishes that she is a wizard now – if only she is, she will avada kedavra them.

“They told me what happen and why are you angry at me.”

“What are they saying exactly?”

“Nothing much, just that you are hurt because you saw me with a girl?”

Yup, definitely avada kedavra, or should she torture them first before cursing them to die?

“Ah please don’t get angry at them,” Sowon quickly said when she saw Eunha’s frowned. “I basically force them to told me, besides I had a hunch that it will be the reason, I just need to make sure.”

Eunha blinked, “What do you mean?”

“The last time I saw you was when you saw me with my sister,” Sowon explained, “I called you, but you never stop and just walk away. I want to chase you but for someone who is small you sure are fast.” She said with a small smile.

“Oh…” Eunha said before she looked away, she doesn’t know which is hurt most. Thinking that Sowon has someone in her life or knowing she treats her like a little sister.

“Look Eunha,” Sowon softly called as she reached out and hold Eunha’s hand – the one that is not holding hot chocolate – and gently squeeze it, “I am not the type who likes to beat around the bush so I will just tell this to you straightly. I like you.”

Eunha's mouth opened in surprise.

“Wh-What?” Eunha asked eyes widened in surprise.

“I like you,” Sowon said, this time more firmly and her grip on Eunha’s hand tightened. “At first I saw you just like my little sister, Umji.”

Eunha looked down. She was right, so Sowon did see her as a little sister.

“But not anymore,” Sowon continues. She bends down a bit so she can look at Eunha straight in the eyes and the smaller girl couldn’t help but think how Sowon’s eyes look like hot chocolate in the winter days.

Warm and beautiful.

“I realize at some point, I stop seeing you as a little sister. You are more than that to me, I feel happy every time I saw you walked inside the coffee shop – in fact, you are coming there become the highlight of my day. Every time I see you smile; I couldn’t help but smile as well and think how beautiful your smile is. When you blush and stuttering, I have to stop myself from calling you cute.” Sowon said and Eunha blushes hard.

“I like the way your eyes twinkling every time you talk about your passion to me when I walk you home, I like how you act around your friends and us in the shop. But more than that, I like you for who you are and I am pretty sure that while I also like my sister, what I feel towards you is different from how I see and feel towards her. How about you Eunha? What do you feel towards me?”

“I-“ Eunha squeeze Sowon’s hand back, “I like you as well unnie…” she shyly said.

Sowon let out a small sighed of relief, “I’m really glad…” she softly said, “Can I hug you Eunha?”

“Eh?”

Sowon shyly (Eunha had to stop herself from squealing as she never saw Sowon acting shy and blush like this before) smiled, “I’ve been missing you a lot for the past few weeks.”

Eunha smiled, “Me too unnie.”

“So…?”

Eunha nodded, “Of course you can hug me.”

As soon as Eunha said that, Sowon gently pulled Eunha to her and wrap her arms around the smaller girl. She buried her face on Eunha’s hair while Eunha buried her face on the crock of Sowon’s neck.

“I miss you…” Sowon softly said.

“I miss you too unnie,” Eunha said as she tried her best to hug Sowon back as tight as she can with her free hand.

 

XXX

 

“I’m happy for you,” Yerin said with a bright smile as soon as she saw Eunha.

Eunha smiled shyly.

“Thank you, Yerin unnie.” she softly said.

“Have you use one of my tricks?”

“No.”

“Aww, why? I bet Sowon will like it!”

“If you are talking about your cheesy lines, I highly doubt it,” Sowon said from behind Yerin which made the girl pouted.

“Fine, I will be saving it for someone who appreciates it!”

“You mean SInB?”

“Shut up Sowon unnie!” Yerin hissed angrily which made Eunha and Sowon laughed hard.

Yerin turns towards Eunha, “You too, stop laughing at me and tell me your order!”

Eunha opened but before she could say anything, Yerin already put the order for her, “Who am I kidding,” Yerin said as she shook her head, “Obviously you will have hot chocolate.”

Eunha’s eyes met with Sowon’s.

She smiled.

“Always.”

 


A/N: Hello!! Thank you so much for reading this fic! And as always, thank you for spending your precious time reading my fic! I really appreciate it! This is my poor attempt of writing coffee shop AU of WonHa, I hope this turn out well and you guys will like it hehehe >.<

Hopefully I am getting the hang on writing again now lol

Please do leave comment and your thoughts about the fic!

Once again thank you so much! You guys can find me on twitter @hayintheden3 if you guys want to talk with me hehehe :D

Also please keep streaming of Apple and the GFRIEND in the Elle song association video! Increase the view and likes!