- EPILOGUE -

Jewel In The Palace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“… Eunhyuk died eight years later, he was around twenty five or twenty six years old when he died, it was highly suspected that he died unnaturally, Emperor Donghae never recovered from losing the love of his life, and despite marrying Princess Irene two years later, it was believed that he did it out of the obligation”.


“Princess Irene bore the Emperor four children, three sons and a daughter, one of them was Prince Jeno, who became his successor, but his love for Eunhyuk remained”


“Emperor Donghae ruled for 37 years before he died, he laid the foundation of the modern statesmanship we all know today, when his tomb was re-opened in the 1960’s, archeologists found the sentence carved on his tomb: In this life and the next, I swear to you, my heart is always yours … many historians believe that it was not for his young wife but for the love of his life, Eunhyuk”.


“Emperor Jeno made sure to erase Eunhyuk’s existence, most likely due to his mother’s influence, however, in 1980’s an unmarked tomb was found, it had the remains of a young man and a tiger”.


“No names or identifications can be found on the tomb, the only thing that was left on the tomb was a sentence: “In this life and the next, I swear to you, my heart and my life are yours, my Master, my Lord, my Lover”.


The professor ended the class after a session of questions, as soon as the class was dismissed and the students left the classroom, Spencer stood up and approached the professor.


“This class is for the first year, Spencer”, the professor said.


Spencer smiled sheepishly, “I know, I just enjoy your lecture about Eunhyuk and the Emperor”.


“Still obsessed with the old love story, huh?” Professor Cho , “How is your dissertation?”


“I’ll be seeing Professor Kim on Monday, I think I’m making good progress”, Spencer replied, “I’m sure I can finish before the end of this semester”.


“How is Aiden doing?”


“He’s been busy the past few weeks, he’s been sleeping during the day and works at night like an owl”, Spencer helped the professor to gather his books, “Here you go, I hope you don’t mind if I drop by in your class again next semester”.


Professor Cho laughed, “Do you know that they have finally restored some paintings of Eunhyuk at the museum recently? I heard they’re going to open an exhibit soon”.


“Really?” Spencer’s eyes widened in excitement, “I better go check it out!”


“I also heard that a TV station is going to make a drama based on Eunhyuk’s story”.


“I don’t know about that … a drama might turn out to be disappointing for die hard fans like me”, Spencer replied with a grin.


They chatted a little more until they reached the exit. Professor Cho went to his car while Spencer went to the train station.


At the age of 25, Spencer Lee decided to take his Master degree in Anthropology. Despite his family’s questions, he was always interested in period history and the moment he learned about Eunhyuk and the Emperor, he became obsessed like a fan girl chasing her favorite idols.


Even as time went on, his obsession didn’t change, he even wrote his dissertation about Eunhyuk and Emperor Donghae.


Spencer stopped at a deli to grab some dinner for himself and his boyfriend, Avocado and Chicken Sandwich for Aiden and Bulgogi Burger for himself … He even ordered some salad for Aiden, knowing his boyfriend would complain for the lack of vegetables in their dinner.


After paying for the food, Spencer crossed the street and stopped at a pet shop to get some cat food.


He met Aiden Lee two years a go, when he applied for his Master degree at the University. Aiden was a music producer who just started his career when they first met, now Aiden’s career was rising as the debut album of a girl group he produced gained a huge success.


Their relationship didn’t start smoothly, Aiden was engaged to a girl when they first met, but there seemed to be some kind of magnetic pull between the two of them, even when Spencer decided to break up with Aiden, his heart was in deep pain at the thought of losing the man he just met weeks before. On the other hand, Aiden decided to end his engagement with his girlfriend and chased Spencer to his hometown, begging Spencer to be with him.


People said it was lust at the first sight, but they realized it was more than that. Two years later, they were still together and their love seemed to grow stronger.


What if they were destined to be together? Spencer thought about it. He never had a serious relationship, unlike Aiden who always expressed his emotions and feelings freely, he was more of an introvert. He often thought about the romance of the Emperor Donghae and Eunhyuk and imagined if they felt the same way as he and Aiden did.


Spencer entered the apartment building and flashed the key card on the elevator sensor. He saw their nosy neighbor, Mrs Kim, she was the source of all gossips in this building, Spencer prayed that she wouldn’t notice him. He was lucky, the elevator door opened before she realized he was there.


It was 6 PM, Aiden should be awake by now … Spencer reached the 12th floor and went to his and Aiden’s apartment. They’d been living together for almost a year and six months a go they adopted a cat together.


A Bengal cat welcomed Spencer as he entered the apartment, she purred and rubbed her body on Spencer’s legs affectionately.


“How are you doing, Frieda?” Spe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter