-end-

If Time Could Rewind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If time could rewind… The only thing Hyejin wished for, was to relive the moment when she first saw Wheein; the very first time her heart accelerated to a beat that she hadn’t even know existed. The first time she realized that maybe, her heart wasn’t only beating for her.

 

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

 

It was in the early spring of Hyejin’s thirteenth year, the subtle smell of floral filling up the campus. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Hyejin was staring off into blank space, her mind in her dream world. Until she noticed a figure dragging the seat right beside her. Naturally, her instinct was to glance and glare the intruder, yet when she looked up, she was stunned.

 

Those big, innocent eyes peering curiously at her seemed to the soul out of her. It was merely a shy gesture, for the girl immediately broke off the contact right after Hyejin looked up. If it was some other people, Hyejin would have laughed at the apparent amount of shyness — yet she was in no place so. She silently thanked the gods that the girl wasn’t watching her anymore, aware of the amount of heat that had rushed up to her cheeks.

 

Hyejin wanted to stay close to the girl forever.

 

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

 

“Hyejin, let’s go!” Wheein stated cheerfully.

The girl that captured her heart was Wheein, as she had found out soon enough. Hyejin was more of an independent girl who preferred being alone. Wheein was the only one so far who caught Hyejin’s attention, the desire to be friends with her taking even Hyejin by surprise. Thankfully, Wheein broke out of her shy shell fast after realizing that both of them shared lots of common interests, including singing and dancing. After that huge discovery, both girls made a point to have a weekly karaoke session every Friday to end the school week well.

 

They had just finished their session and dinner, it was time to make their way back home. As usual, the way back contained endless conversations and brainless talks and jokes that only they could understand.

 

Under the moonlight, with Wheein laughing and smiling so brightly at her, Hyejin swore she could replace the sun. The happiness radiating within Wheein;s eyes were lighting up her sky — Hyejin’s sky, and it felt like she was the only one who could feel so deeply how Wheeins smile affected her so much, down to the bones of her being. Was she in love? She didn’t know, but it did not matter at this point of time. All she wanted was to see Wheein being happy like this every day, because the girl’s happiness meant the world to her.

 

Hyejin knew, no one would come close to her.

No one would replace Wheein.

 

►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬ ►♪♫◄ ▬▬▬  ►♪♫◄

 

It was five years later, when they sort of drifted apart from each other. Maybe high school was the problem, maybe it was just Hyejin being confused. Whatever the case was, she didn’t keep in contact with Wheein that often anymore. Though that was the case, it didn’t mean that she didn’t miss Wheein.

 

Hyejin missed Wheein more than she thought, everytime she walked down the streets and see the neighbor dogs, she would think of how Wheein resembled so much like a Shiba Inu. Everytime she passed the florist shop, she was reminded of how much she loved putting flowers on Wheein’s hair, tucking the stray strands behind her ears while her heart momentarily froze at the stare Wheein never fails to give her while she does so.

 

But Wheein had her own life, Hyejin had reasoned to herself; there was no reason why she should pester Wheein frequently. She would hate to know that she was disturbing Wheein, especially if she was wasting her time when Wheein could really use her time meaningfully on her projects.

 

Plus, she shouldn’t be dwelling too much on Wheein when she was dating someone now, right? Yes, she was dating a male senior; not because she liked him, but because she found it hard to reject the boy who seemed really sincere in his pursuing of Hyejin. She did not know how the reject him nicely, and was well aware of the guilt that would follow if she rejected the guy harshly, so she ultimately decided to take the easy way out. So far, it wasn’t so bad since the senior was nice, but did she had any feelings for him? The answer was no.

 

So it was an unexpected surprise when she heard rough knockings on her front door, the sight of sad puppy eyes making her heart clench when she welcomed her visitor. She watched as Wheein walked in without a greeting, her stoned face making Hyejin nervous. When she sat down with Wheein on the couch, she noticed how Wheein’s tiny fists were clenched, and how she was nervously chewing on her lips. It gnawed at Hyejin’s insides, knowing fully well those were the signs that Wheein was upset. And it hurt her, knowing that she was the reason why Wheein was feeling this way.

 

“Where were y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter