when they'd rather to see each other die

When Lee Sungyeol Finds No Reset Button

 

“Sungyeol, did you take my phone?” L asked. He searched his pockets but couldn’t find his phone. The last time he saw the gadget was in his room at the dorm, next to Sungyeol’s bed. He thought the elder had taken it down with him.

“I didn’t,” Sungyeol replied, not even looking at him. L eyed him. Again with the cold treatment. He thought he had explained everything to him about sleeping with Sungjong the other day. They were ing watching some movie and fell asleep on the couch. It’s not like he intended to sleep with the magnae. And Sungjong’s straight for god’s sake!

He let out a long sigh before looking at his watch. They had to go to the salon to prepare for their stage that day. He saw the other members entering the van one by one.

“I’m going up to take my phone a while. Sungyeol, let’s go.” He pulled Sungyeol’s hand but the elder slapped it away. “You go alone. We’ll wait down here,” Sungyeol replied.

L felt like punching him across the face but held it back. Wouldn’t want the choding to go on stage with a bruise on his face. So he went alone. He took the elevator up and reached their floor. The hallway was quiet as always. He walked to the door and punched in the numbers. That’s when he felt it. Something pointy touching his back, right at his backbone.

“I have a knife. Move if you want to die, L of Infinite,” The hoarse voice behind him said. L froze. He cursed under his breath.

“Open the door,” the voice said, pushing the knife on his back. L shivered at the feeling of the sharp blade on his back even with a fabric between them. L continued punching the number and the door opened inwards. The man shoved him inside by the shoulder and he almost stumbled at the threshold.

L tried to turn but his next word stopped him. “Sungyeol,”                                                                                  

“W-What?” He stammered.

“Lee Sungyeol, your hyung and boyfriend. Call him upstairs,” the man ordered.

L turned his head first and then his body. The man was wearing a mask that covered his nose to his neck. L saw his cold and threatening eyes digging into his own. “Do you think I didn’t come prepared? Call Lee Sungyeol up now!” he yelled.

L surreptitiously eyed the opened door. If he was fast enough maybe he could slip outside. But then he noticed the knife on his hand, the metal glinted from the light of the living room and L wished someone could save him. What did he do to deserve this?

“I said call Lee Sungyeol upstairs!”

“M-my phone is missing. I can’t contact him even if you want,” he answered, telling the truth. Not that he would tell him the phone was in his room.

“Don’t lie!” the man took a step closer to L and he stumbled back. He laughed at L’s reaction and took one step forward again. L resolved on doing everything he can to avoid the knife from digging into his flesh.

“Scared?” He mocked.

“Why? Why are you doing this?” He asked, his gaze running back and forth between the man’s face and the knife.

“People adored idols like you. I just wanted to see the real faces behind the everyday faces we see about Infinite in the TV. With just a few researches and constant stalking, I found out about you and Lee Sungyeol.”

“Y-you can’t do this. It’s wrong,” L tried to reason. But the man guffawed. He took one step closer to L. L staggered back and fell over Dongwoo’s mattress. The hyung liked to sleep in the living room and never even once fold his covers back in the morning. He stood back up and realized he was trembling. He wondered if trembling was a usual habit of someone on the verge of death.

The man looked at the opened door over his shoulder then back to L. “Don’t move,” he said.

L saw his back him and he scrambled to his room, locking the door behind him. The door shook violently when the man kicked and punched on it. L panicked and tried to search his phone but to no avail. It was nowhere to be seen!

 

“Argh, he’s late!” Sungyeol whined.

“Where did he go?” Sunggyu asked, looking at Sungyeol. Even he noticed the cold treatment he had been giving to L though he didn’t know the reasons.

“To grab his phone upstairs. But he’s late!”

“Phone?” Dongwoo asked from the backseat. “His phone’s right here with me. I brought it down when he left it.”

“Then what did he go upstairs? Someone needs to call him down,” the manger said, annoyed.

“I’ll go,” Sungyeol volunteered. It was half his fault for not accompanying the visual to go upstairs.

 

When he reached the dorm, Sungyeol jammed in the numbers, literally, because he was annoyed. He opened the door and froze on the door to see a stranger inside. The man was dressed in black and wore a mask over his face. The man looked at him and Sungyeol saw the knife.

“Who are you?” He yelled.

“Sungyeol? Sungyeol, run! He’s a madman!” He heard L shouted behind the closed door.

“L?”

“Run, stupid!” L yelled again.

Sungyeol took a few steps back out the door and grabbed his phone from his pocket. He dialled the manager’s number but kept an eye on the man at the same time.

“Get in and lock the door if you don’t want Kim Myungsoo to die,” he said, grazing the end of the blade on the door, producing a screeching noise that Sungyeol hated so much.

“What the hell? L, are you okay?”

“I’m O- !” He screamed when the mad man suddenly kicked the door opened and aimed the knife at him. “Your boyfriend is here, Kim Myungsoo,” he smirked.

“L!” Sungyeol ran into the house without even thinking when he heard L yelled. The man caught his wrists and tackled Sungyeol to the wall, earning a howl from him. The phone fell to the floor and the man kicked it across the living room. Sungyeol saw L in the room, looking at him in shock.

L made an effort to help Sungyeol. He kicked the man in the back and pulled Sungyeol back into the room. They slammed the door shut and leaned against it since the lock was broken. Even with both their weight, the door was moving with every pound the man made, wailing their names outside.

“! He’s crazy!” Sungyeol screamed. “L, pull that chair, we need to stop him!”

“Will you be okay?”

“Just take the damn chair!” Sungyeol immediately regretted it when the door was pushed roughly from behind and he banged his head hard on it. Sungyeol hissed in pain as L took the chair and anchored it under the knob. He finally stood up and walked next to L. “Is it safe?”

“I think- ! You’re bleeding!”

“I am?” Sungyeol touched the back of his head.

“Don’t touch it, you’ll get germs!”

“Look who’s talking.”

“Do you really need to return everything that I said?”

“Shut up.”

“Yah! Lee Sungyeol!” L turned his body roughly by the arm and grabbed his shirt. He slammed Sungyeol against the wall. “If you’re going to be all this on me you should have never help me!”

“I wasn’t going to help you, I just came to call you since Dongwoo got your phone and this mad man was in! Be a little alert next time you open the door, will ya?”

“God I hate you,” L loosened his grip on the elder and went to sit on the bed, burying his face in his hands. “I should just let him kill me,”

“Don’t say that,” Sungyeol sat next to him.

“You care?”

“No, Infinite’s just different with just six members.”

L yelled in frustration and slid his hands in his hair. He eyed Sungyeol angrily. “I don’t know why I have to spend the last of my life with someone like you.”

“You don’t. You can choose Sungjong instead,”

“Really Sungyeol? You think?”

“Since you’ve been cheating on me.”

“Okay, that’s it! I’d rather be with the mad man than you,” L pulled the chair back but Sungyeol blocked him from behind. They struggled and L accidently tripped on the chair’s leg, shifting it from its original position. The door opened and the man stood in front of them, glaring at them through hooded eyes.

“A bump on the road I see,”

They froze. “!”

 

 

i love love-hate relationship !