❝ii❞

Ok, Cool!
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I I -  O K ,  C O O L !

 

Youngmi went to the cafe and waited for Hansol’s shift to end. Hansol wasn’t at the counter so Jeonghan took her order instead. She was blinking continuously seeing Jeonghan’s look at her: the look as if he knows something and it was weird. She mentally shook her head and ignored Jeonghan as she waited at the counter. She bowed lightly when her order was given and was about to walk when Hansol came out.

He waved his hands coolly making her waved back with a smile. He gestured to wait for him in five minutes as she nodded in response. She sat at the empty seat and looked outside, the incident yesterday flash to her mind.

“I like you Hansol” she blurted as he dropped his jaw while his eyes are widened.

Hansol stood on his spot frozen as he was trying to absorb the conversation. He got back on his senses as he shook his head and chuckled dryly. “That’s a good joke,” he told between the chuckle, being skeptical. Youngmi was quiet for a second before clearing and kept her strength of courage. “I’m not joking” her tone was serious as his chuckle turned into an awkward ‘O’ sound.

“This is unexpected,” he remarked as she looked down. “Why?” He asked in disbelief.

“I’ve developed feelings for you as we got closer” she answered as he nodded slowly while humming. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked. “I was thinking of the outcome” she muttered, eyes fixated in the same direction.

“You’re thinking that our friendship might end, isn’t it?” he guessed as she nodded. “I should’ve been the first to tell you that” he blurted letting out an awkward laugh while scratching his head in embarrassment. “Wait, what?” she was taken aback.

She waited for him to calm down until he cleared his throat. “I like you too Youngmi,” he told while flashing his gummy smile, staring at her directly to her eyes. “I have the same reason why I like you” he explained and shrugged, his smile didn’t leave on his face because of how happy he is knowing they reciprocate each other’s feelings.

“This is unexpected,” she slowly told in dazed. He let out a dry laugh beneath those gummy smiles. “Ok, cool!” He exclaimed out of the blue looking away and began walking.

“‘Ok, cool?’ What’s that—“ she stopped realizing Hansol was nowhere near her. “Mean?” she ended and blinked slowly. She saw Hansol waiting for her from afar. She held the bag strap and ran to him and resume their walk.

Remembering the confession made her confused. What’s the ‘Ok, cool!’ meant that day? Is it a statement out of excitement or to cut the awkward situation between them? To stop thinking behind his statement, she’ll ask him during their walk.

Her thoughts cut off when she noticed Hansol’s presence beside her. “Let’s go?” He asked waiting for her response noticing she’s in deep thought once again. She slowly nodded and left the cafe.

Hansol was looking sideways the whole walk, curious to what she’s thinking. He bit his lip before sighing in defeat and lightly nudged Youngmi. She hummed and looked at Hansol as she got back to her senses. “You’re in thought land again,” he told with a slight pout. She blinked continuously, didn’t know what to respond to the statement.

He sighed deeply and ran his fingers through his hair, a bit frustrated with the quietness of the walk for the second time. “You could tell me what’s bothering you” he clearly stated pursing his lip while raising a brow. She hummed while biting her lip and gulped. She nervously stared at Hansol whose anticipating her with a flat smile. “About yesterday, you said ‘Ok, cool’. What’s that supposed to mean?” She finally asked.

He made an ‘O’ shape on his lip. “I say that all t

Please log in to read the full chapter