Chapter 03

Answer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 03

Seo Jinae

 

Third POV

 

Jinae often suffers from insomnia and nobody really knows why. She once went for a session with a psychologist in hope that she would sleep better and feel happier. However, that didn’t work out and she didn’t like the idea of paying so much just to share her feelings with someone that probably didn’t care about her. Others definitely need it but she felt like she didn’t and wasn’t ready to get help. 

 

It’s funny how she suffers from insomnia but yet she fell asleep so quickly and comfortably in someone else’s home. She had fallen fast asleep on the couch whilst working on the lyrics with Jungkook. He was surprised to see how he was speaking halfway and when he turned to look at her, she was fast asleep. 

 

Jungkook continued to work on the lyrics a little, adding in some touches he felt would be good wordplay. Songwriting isn’t new to him anymore and he liked production and songwriting a lot so this was fun for him. When he first heard the tune and the lyrics she worked on, he knew instantly that this girl had insane talent and potential. He’s no CEO or talent scout but he could sense it. Everyone knows how talented Seo Jinae, or well, Jewel, is and how she’s overflowing with talent that needs to be shown throughout the world. 

 

As Jinae shifted slightly in her sleep and turned her face towards Jungkook’s direction, Jungkook froze for a second in fear that he might wake her up. His eyes grew wide in fear and then slowly looked down at her. She had her head right by his left thigh, a few strands of hair already on his lap as she pushed them out of her fce. He gulped nervously, his eyes scanning the small frown on her face even though she was asleep. He could tell that she probably had a lot on her mind and is feeling stressed since she is now a soloist. 

 

However, Jungkook’s expression slowly lightened up as he just admired her. To be honest, she was so beautiful in his eyes. He always thought of her as an idol that fulfilled what his ideal type was. She isn’t the most elegant looking idol like Irene from Red Velvet, but she was unique and had very different sides to her. He couldn’t help but smile slightly with the corners of his lips turning upwards. She looked so comfortable just lying on the couch. How could someone be this beautiful and flawless? Or at least that was what he thought and felt about her. 

 

Everything was peaceful. That was until her phone suddenly rang loudly and she actually jumped in shock. Jungkook did as well, his heart skipping a beat. He immediately turned back to the laptop to avoid getting caught for admiring her. Jinae was in a mess, panicking to find her phone with her mind still a little fuzzy. Jungkook picked it up for her and handed it over. Jinae looked at the caller ID and sighed, hanging up on Baekhyun immediately. She was too tired to answer. 

 

“Wae?” Jungkook softly muttered, curious as to why she hung up on him. 

 

Jinae with her eyes still half open, looked around like a lost child and Jungkook actually found that really cute. Others might think otherwise though. 

 

“Molla. I’m so tired.” She chuckled and sighed, forcing herself to open her eyes. 

 

Jinae’s POV 

 

When I woke up, I felt guilty and a little worried that I might have been a burden to Jungkook or that I made him feel uncomfortable. However, he was so sweet to offer to make me some hot tea before he showed me parts of the song that he had written whilst I was asleep. 

 

Time passed by so quickly, even faster than before as Jungkook and I just sat on the living room floor with my laptop and notebook infront of the both of us as we worked on it together. From what was supposed to be my composed piece, it suddenly felt like a collaboration between the two of us and I must say, it definitely was a lot of fun. 

 

I realized something about Jungkook. He was so different from his fierce and strong charismatic aura on-stage. He’s actually really sweet, funny and very cute in real life. It’s hard to explain but this guy sure possesses crazy duality that I can’t understand either. For an hour and a half straight, I was constantly laughing and also pretty amazed at how talented he is. It’s no wonder why they call him the ‘golden maknae’. He’s just great in everything. 

 

Footsteps were heard right after the front door but this time, I wasn’t as nervous as when I was with Taehyung. Maybe it was because earlier I felt like I had something to hide. Or maybe it was because Jungkook made me feel more at ease by getting scared that a fan might have broken into their dormitory. 

 

Of course it wasn’t. They couldn’t have paid this much for the apartment to have bad security that is easy to break in. 

 

“Oh, thank god.” Jungkook sighed in relief as he was standing there with his fists clenched, almost ready to throw a punch. Pretty adorable I must say. 

 

“Mwoya…” Seokjin trailed as he noticed Jungkook’s stance, which is a little weird if you’d ask me. 

 

“Hyung, I thought you guys were coming home late?” Jungkook mentioned as I could see the little bit of embarrassment in his face. “I thought someone broke into our place.”

 

I stood there quietly, not really sure if I should greet him now or wait for him to notice me. I felt awkward standing here but I think cutting into their conversation would just be rude and make the awkwardness even worse. 

 

“Oh, Jinae-ssi!” Hoseok, also known as J-Hope, was the first one t o notice me as he walked in with bags in his hands. 

 

“Annyounghasehyo.” I quickly greeted, finding the perfect moment to be polite. 

 

“Omo. I didn’t even notice.” Seokjin burst out laughing as he looked at me in surprise. 

 

Hoseok started singing my solo debut song at the top of his lungs with major exaggerations and I burst out laughing. I wonder if it was his way of making me feel more comfortable now that the other members were back home or just because he is always this comfortable with new people. He did it in a really funny way  that attracted the laughter of s and myself too. I guess Hoseok really has the charm to make people happy. 

 

“What are you doing here?” Seokjin came over to me, looking at the things we had on the coffee table. “Are you working on a song with Jungkook-ie?” 

 

“Ne, sunbaenim.” I didn’t know how to say that I basically got stood up by his dongsaeng that left in the middle of what I thought was a date. 

 

“Oh,” Seokjin frowned and looked right at me. “I’m a little hurt. I knew you first from a long time ago and your first collaboration with BTS is with Jungkook-ie?”

 

“Hyung, it’s-” Jungkook spoke and I could see he seemed a little anxious. Maybe he just didn’t want me to feel uncomfortable with Seokjin’s aggression. Yet I know Seokjin enough to know that he jokes this way a lot. He’s exactly the same from 3 years ago. 

 

“Sunbaenim,” I cut Jungkook off just wanting him to know that it was fine. “Let’s do a proper collaboration soon.”

 

“Oh, geurae.” Seokjin excitedly nodded his head. “That sounds fun. A ballad.” 

 

“Of course.” I gave him a wink and a thumbs-up, kind of excited for that duo to happen actually.  

 

Seokjin burst out into an ahjussi-like laughter, but in an adorable way. 

 

 “Jinae-ssi, do you want anything to eat?”

 

“I’m alright.” Because I already had a hearty meal before my date disappeared on me. “Keumapseumnida.”

 

Seokjin and Hoseok both took seats behind us on the sofa though Seokjin only came after awhile of disappearance. With 3 great song composers, I was definitely feeling the stress and pressure of not making any mistakes. They are very talented and experienced that it made me feel a little bit intimidated to have them watch me at work. I’m only an amateur compared to them. 

 

“Oh yeah, where did Taehyung go?” Seokjin suddenly questioned out of the blue. “I thought he came back early.”

 

I didn’t say anything but kept my eyes fixed on the computer screen. I didn’t want to make it seem as though Taehyung and I were on a date or anything. In fact, deep down inside of me, I wanted to forget the humiliation of being ditched at his apartment on our ‘date’. Or at least what I thought was a date. I might just be very wrong about that. 

 

I noticed how Jungkook looked at me from his side view and he tensed up a little. Maybe he knows where Taehyung rushed off to. Though I really shouldn’t care. 

 

“Hoseok-ah, give him a call, will you?” Seokjin as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter