chapter 1

Lies You Said
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunha's pov

🐇🐇🐇

 

"Jung Eunbi. Are you really with us?"

A stern voice decided to cut my daydreams. If I would be honest, I wasn't actually daydreaming. There was just this annoying feeling that kept bothering me the whole day as soon as I stepped into the classroom and I was so immersed that I didn’t even had the chance to pay attention to anything around me.

"Ye-yes, sir. I'm sorry." I bowed at him despite my lazy mood and clumsy movements. He must’ve noticed my lack of respect because he didn’t let me take my sit again. Instead, he raised a hand and pointed the door.

I tried to prevent a groan.

"Get out of my class." He said, his voice unwavering and eyes not leaving me.. I lowered my head and took my bag, standing up from my lovely chair. Arguing with him wouldn't be too nice, his head is a little too mixed up. Besides, I’m not in the mood to talk.

I walked to the door, bag clumsily held on my back and left the room but before I could walk further away from the classroom, a voice pulled me back in and forced me to watch the scene.

"Why bother to ask someone if your mind is already made up?" Everyone turned their head and the next thing I knew; we were all watching a heated exchange of glares by this student and our professor. "Ordering her to leave when she already apologized. Are you even sure she's the only student that's not listening? I could be one of them."

"Are you talking back at me?"

"Isn't it obvious, Mr. Park?"

"Ms. Jung, would you like to accompany this girl outside?" His furrowed eyebrows made it even more obvious how pissed he is right now. I mean, I don’t really care but I can’t blame him, this girl has the guts.

"Why of course, letting a lady go somewhere alone is just wrong." She smiled teasingly. "But oh, it's still your choice." She then shrugged her shoulders. With her actions and cocky voice, I couldn't help but to snort- it’s a miracle no one heard me.

"You know your records here will certainly get worse-"

"I know. Just kick me out of this ing school if you want to." She said as she grabbed her bag, walked past him to my direction and turned around again to face our now fuming professor. "The problem is," she paused again. "Can you?" She added and then smirked.

His ears turned red as with his whole face. He looked as if he was ready to explode and just tackle this girl down. It wasn’t much of a big deal, not until his eyes turned light green.

"You little..." His words trailed off as he tried to control his anger. Everyone in the room including the girl were watching him closely. Some were even ready to stand up and stop him. Everyone knew it would be a huge problem if he loses his control.

Not this girl though, she looked like wasn’t the type to get scared with such things. "?" She even asked. "Oh yes, I am." Then walked after a smile and a wink.

I was taken aback when a hand - bigger than mine - caught my wrist and finally pulled me out of the room.

"Oh!" She shouted and released my hand. I ran my fingers through my hair and took a deep breath. It’s kind of a habit whenever I try to collect myself again. After a few seconds of silence, I raised my head and watched her stretch- wait is that even stretching? Uh never mind.

"What are you looking at?"

I flinched from her voice. I didn't realize it was this scary. I should’ve thought about it earlier, she literally talked back at our messed up professor (well, I mean someone had to stand up and make him sit anyway).

"Nothing," I answered with a very quiet voice. She stopped, turned around and walked to my direction. As soon as our eyes met, I felt weird and chills ran down my spine I wanted to just run and hide from her.

"I'm Yerin. Jung Yerin."

Huh?

Wait…

Oh no.

"I- You're the girl who kicked someone's face last day! The news was all over the school!"

"Yes." She nodded her head but slowly looked at my eyes once more. "Scared?"

"N-No!" I replied quickly. "Oh I- I mean uhm, I just didn't expect I'll be able to talk to you. We never really talked to each other although we're classmates." For the record, I never even realized we were classmates. She rarely attends the classes and I keep hearing her name whenever trouble is the topic.

"Well, now we're talking, aren't we?" She showed off a small smile. "So, what's your name?" She asked.

"Jung Eunbi. It's nice to meet you." She nodded and took my hand, shaking it. The moment I looked up to her, I swear I saw something in her eyes. Did it change its color? Or maybe it was something else? I’m not sure but I think it sparked.

She released my hand and paused for a moment. "What are you going to do now?" I stopped too, contemplating on whatever answer I should tell her.

"Review at the library. Why?" She made a disgusted look on her face as she ran her fingers through her brown hair.

"Review?" I softly laughed at her reaction. "I once tried studying inside that awful room but having different genres of book surround me is just worth puking for. Plus, it's boring." She nodded to herself, supporting her own thought.

"Maybe for you, but I need to." I answered while she let out a sigh. "Getting kicked out on my first class is enough, I should probably just study. Roaming around won't do me any good."

"I should've known, of course, vampires like you really like books. Thankfully though, you don't wear any eyeglasses. That ruins-"

"I actually have one in my bag." I cut her off. The look on her face was just funny that I couldn't stop myself from giggling. As our conversation went on, I started to think she wasn’t that scary. Sure she’s trouble, but maybe she’s nice too. "You look pale, are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter