It's July 18th

A Kiss to Remember
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sulli linked her arms with Taemin and got closer to him under the umbrella as they were walking to the restaurant. As it is a weekend, Sulli and Taemin came for the movie. It started raining when they were walking to the restaurant for lunch after the movie. He looked at her when she linked her arms with his.

 

"Can I? Because it is raining a bit more now..." Sulli said to him. He gave a small nod after a little hesitation.

 

Taemin started talking about the movie after he sat down with her in the table. But Sulli was silent.

 

"Taemin-ah" she called him, "Did you enjoy the trip?" she asked when he looked at her.

 

"Hmmm yes. Wae? You didn't enjoy it?" he asked.

 

"Hmmm" she nodded her head.

 

"Wae?"

 

"Because we couldn't spend time alone"

 

"Yah" he leaned back, "It is our office trip, it is our time to spend with our team," he said. Sulli showed pout face, "That's why you were silent for the past two weeks?" he asked. Sulli nodded yes. "Don't think like that, be happy that we went for the trip together" she nodded her head with a pout face, "I'm happy that Kai also joined with us for the trip, it is been a long time I went to trip with him," he said.

 

"Taemin-ah...is Krystal and Kai are in a relationship?" Sulli asked. Taemin nodded yes as he munches his food. 

 

"Krystal is not much close with me, she and Naeun-ah are always together and chat with themselves," Sulli said.

 

"They are friends from school days, that's why they are very close" Taemin replied but Sulli didn’t reply, she started to think. "Eat your food, what are you thinking?" he asked.

 

"Nothing...they are in a relationship...so close with each other but we both still hesitates to link our arms," she said slowly in low voice. Taemin stopped eating and looked at her when she finishes her sentence. But she didn't look at him.

 

"Not everybody is the same"

 

"But we are very slow," she said as she looks at him, "Don't you think we should put much more effort in our dating style?" she asked. Taemin thought for a moment, "Okay let us" he said as he nodded his head.

 

"Then..." she came forward, "Next week for your birthday, let's spend the whole day together. Let's go for a drive, lunch, sightseeing, etc..." she said in a bright tone. Taemin bit his lips and look worried, "Wae?" Sulli asked in a disappointed tone.

 

"Usually, my birthday will be with my friends, so this year also Kai told me to join for dinner with him and other boys. And also I have an important meeting with our CEO and other department heads in our office. Jaehyo told me to join with him for the meeting." he said in low voice. Sulli dropped her shoulder in disappointment and looked away from him.

 

"Let's have lunch together and let's do your plan on that same weekend, Okay?" he asked in a bright tone. She didn't reply to him. "I'm sorry Sulli," he said in aegyo voice. She got a smile for his aegyo.

 

"Okay then the weekend is with me, right?" she asked.

 

"Yes," he showed his thumbs up.

 

Like Sulli, Jung Shin and Kwonho also started preparing for Taemin's birthday. They planned for a cake cutting in the office; it's been Taemin's first birthday with them so they want him to happy on his birthday. Taemin also felt happy for celebrating his birthday for the first in the office and wishes from his teammates. For Lunch, Taemin went out with Sulli. Taemin finished his meeting and office work soon just because to go for his birthday treats. Jung Shin and Kwonho were excited about Taemin's dinner treat. They shared the plan with Naeun and Krystal and teased them and also showed off before them. In the evening, boys gathered at the bus stop to wait for Kai.

 

"Taeminnie, what are you searching?" Jung Shin asked.

 

"I think I left my wallet in the office," Taemin said as he searches his office bag.

 

"Yah, how can you come for the birthday treat without your wallet? Go and get it from the office" Jung Shin said in a louder voice and pushed him. Kwonho laughed.

 

"Okay I will come back soon, wait for me," he said and ran back to the office.

 

"We won't wait for a long time, we will start ordering. Taeminnie so, come soon," Kwonho said.

 

Taemin stopped when he saw Naeun sitting alone in her seat. She was holding something and looking at it. He went near to her.

 

"Naeun-ah..." he called her slowly, she hides the box that she was holding as soon as she saw Taemin, "What are you doing here alone?" he asked as his eyes still trying to look at the box she was hiding.

 

In the morning when Naeun was selecting her dress, a gift box caught her eyes inside the cupboard. She gets remember when she got that gift and for whom she got it as she takes it in her hand.

 

"Naeun-ah, then let’s see who forget, whose birthday. I won’t forget yours" Taemin's old words came to her mind. So not to forget the challenge Naeun got a gift for him beforehand when she found a suitable gift while going for shopping with her sister Saeeun but Taemin forgot her birthday. Naeun let a disappointed laugh and looked at the calendar, it’s July 16 – two more days for Taemin’s birthday. Naeun was in a big dilemma of whether to give him his gift or not. On Taemin’s birthday, she brought his gift to the office but she didn’t give it to Taemin during his birthday celebration, throughout the day it was inside her bag. Evening while she was thinking whether to throw the gift or to keep it herself, Taemin came there. She knows it won’t be good to give him the gift.

 

"Nothing...just simply sitting..." she still trying to hide the box.

 

"Where is Krystal?" he asked and looked around.

 

"She left early"

 

"What are you trying to hide from me? Is it anything personal?" he asked as he looked at her.

 

Naeun looked at him and thought for a moment before stepping forward to him, "Happy Birthday Lee Taemin" she said as she showed her gift before his face. A smile formed on his face as soon as he saw the gift.

 

"Oh thank you Naeun-ah" he got it from her and looked at it, "Why didn't you give it in the morning?" he asked.

 

"Because..." she trailed off her words, Taemin understood from her reaction that she must be in a dilemma whether to give it or not, ”Let me open it," he said and opened it.

 

"Wow," he exclaimed.

 

"It is Snowball," she said. She has got a small snowball for him; he shook it to see the snow moving inside the ball. "Nice, I like it, thank you," he said with a bright smile.

 

"It is Snowball," she said to him again.

 

"Yes it is Snowball" he repeated.

 

"Ani, it is Snowball," she said and showed the puppy inside the snowball.

 

"Oh yes, Snowball" he looked at the puppy, "It is Snowball inside the Snowball," he said and both smiled at each other.

 

'Let’s see who forget whose birthday' his old words ringed inside his head, 'She kept her promise' he said to himself and looked at her, "Thank you" he said to her.

 

"Why are you here? Jung Shin said you guys are going for dinner" Naeun asked Taemin.

 

"Huh...yes, I came to take my wallet. I left it in..." he was interrupted by his mobile. Taemin got a smile when 'Eomma...' displayed on his mobile screen.

 

"Eomma..." Taemin said in a bright tone.

 

'Taeminnie...where are you?' Mrs.Lee asked from another end.

 

"I'm going out with friends for dinner"

 

'Ani, come home for dinner' she said.

 

"Eomma, but Appa..."

 

'I spoke with him, he is also here so come home, it's your birthday Taeminnie...Bring your friends also...come home to see eomma. I want to see you' she said in pleading voice.

 

"Ahrasseo eomma. I will come" he said before disconnecting the call. Taemin called boys to say about his new plan, Jung Shin got excited for the change of plan of going to Taemin's home for dinner.

 

After taking his wallet Taemin and Naeun came out of the office together.

 

"Okay, I'm leaving bye," Naeun said and walked towards the bus stop.

 

"Naeun-ah,"

 

Naeun stopped and turn to Taemin when she heard him calling her. He looked a little nervous and came forward to her.

 

"Would you like to join for dinner with my family?" he asked looking at her. Naeun was quite surprised by his words. Naeun shook her head.

 

"Yeobo, Taeminnie wasseo...come fast..." Mrs.Lee says as she walks to the door when she heard the doorbell ring.

 

Mrs.Lee got jolt up for loud greeting when she opened the door. Taemin and his friends greeted her loud.

 

"Eomma...my friends..." Taemin said in a bright tone.

 

"Imo..." Kai stood front and hugged Mrs.Lee. Kai likes Mrs.Lee very much because she is just like his appa but he always makes a distance from Mr.Lee.

 

"Oh, nini..." She hugged him back and then greeted Jung Shin and Kwonho, "Welcome to our home" she welcomed them. Mrs.Lee's eyes went wide when Naeun came behind Jung Shin, Naeun greeted in a soft voice. Mr.Lee who then came out was a surprise to see Naeun. It was the first time Taemin brings a girl to home, even though they know Taemin date girls but he doesn’t bring them home because he knows his parents don’t like him dating.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo Son Naeun imnida" Naeun bow at them. Only her voice made Mrs.&Mr.Lee to come to their senses. They both smiled awkwardly at each other.

 

"Welcome to our home Son Naeun," Mrs.Lee said with a smile. They all sat in the living room. Kai was a usual guest in Taemin's home but Jung Shin and Kwonho look amused for the big home. Mrs.Lee saw Naeun's uncomfortable, so she sat near her while Mr.Lee talks with the boys.

 

"How long you are working at that company Son Naeun?" Mrs.Lee started asking questions to Naeun regarding her work, family.

 

"Oh this girl is so polite and elegant," Mrs.Lee said to Mr.Lee with a bright smile, "I like you," she said to Naeun. That made Naeun get shy, "And also you look beautiful" Mrs.Lee continued and Jung Shin and Kwonho acknowledged her with a bright smile and thumbs up, that made Naeun get even shyer.

 

Kai stood up to take a tour for Jung Shin and Kwonho when Mrs.Lee was talking with Naeun. So, Mrs.Lee asked Taemin to take a tour with Naeun to look around the house while they arrange the dinner table.

 

In Kitchen also Naeun was the hot topic. All maids were talking about Naeun and wonder what relationship she has with Taemin. They also were surprised to see a girl with Taemin in his house.

 

"Ma'am, who is she?" the young maid asked the Headmaid when she came inside the kitchen to check their work.

 

"Is she possibly the new future member in this house?" the other one asked.

 

"Is it really important?" the head maid asked in a serious tone. Even she is curious about Naeun she didn't show it before the young maids. Both again young maids nodded their heads with curious eyes.

 

"It is not your work to know about the guest" Headmaid again said in a serious tone.

 

"How can we not concern about the guest. She is pretty and beautiful" the young maid replied.

 

"It's new our young master brings a girl for dinner" the other maid added, “Out of all she is the only girl there”

 

"Hmmm yes, it new," the head maid said as she nodes her head and looked at the young maids who are very curious, "But still we cannot talk about them" she acted seriously. Both young maids giggled for her act. Before she could reply, Mrs.Lee entered the kitchen.

 

"What is going on here?" Mrs.Lee asked. Both young maids hide behind the head maid as soon as they saw Mrs.Lee.

 

"Just discussing the arrangements for our surprise guests Ma'am" the head maid replied.

 

"Eomma," Mrs.Lee turned and saw Taemin's head peeping inside the kitchen, "Is there anything for Naeun-ah to drink?" he asked.

 

"Yeah, it's there..." Mrs.Lee said and turned to the maid. Before Taemin could finish his sentence, both young maids got their trays of snacks and juice. "He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter