Midterms

Needle to the heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan waved past her security guard as she headed into her building’s elevator, checking her phone the blonde frowned when she hadn’t received any texts from her girlfriend thus far seeing as she was so used to getting a ‘good evening’ or ‘hope your day went well’ from Joohyun. Seungwan just ruffled her hair and thought this is what dependency feels like; to think, they’ve been dating for almost 6 months now and she still feels giddy whenever she thinks about her tiny bunny. Truly a lovesick fool.

 

The tattooist’s shoulders slumped when reaching her loft, a whole day being hunched over did no favours to her back. Her 3 o clock client wanted a massive tiger on the whole of his back…with colour, it was Seungwan’s nightmare. Just the memory of the session reflexed her hand to cramp. She honestly felt like a zombie and just lifelessly walked up the stairs to her bedroom but the sight that greeted her was a surprise.

 

If Seungwan was lifeless then her girlfriend who was currently passed out on her table, drooling on her textbooks won the competition of the dead. Seungwan was then reminded of the raven’s radio silence; midterms.

 

Yes, the bane of every college student’s career the dreading mid-year exams that send coffee shop revenues rising whilst student mental health depletes. Seeing the passed out student took Seungwan back to her college days, glad she dropped out. Approaching her girlfriend Seungwan felt every ounce of tiredness leave her body, she slipped her ringed fingers on the sleeping girl’s shoulders and started moving them in deep circles. After a few moments a hum was let out, Joohyun looked back in her sleep induced haze and gave a warm smile to her girlfriend.

 

“You’re back, how was work?”

 

“Obviously not as tiring as…Shakespearian literature I see” Seungwan peeked over to the textbook below. Joohyun rubbed her eyes and jolted up.

 

“, I slept for too long I need to study” The raven had her eyes glued to her books, pen and highlighter in hand.

 

“Babe, have you even eaten? It’s eleven o clock, I can rustle something up for you”

 

“Thanks baby but I don’t have time to eat I just need to cram for my exam tomorrow” Seungwan knew not to bother the girl in study mode so she left a peck on the other’s cheek before heading down to the kitchen.

 

Not too long later whilst Joohyun was reading up on the iambic pentameter watered at the plate of fried rice and cut up fruit placed in front of her along with a cup of steaming hot brew. Seungwan met her girlfriend halfway for a kiss as to say thanks, the blonde then grabbed a chair and held the plate in her hands.

 

“Oh was that plate for you?”

 

“Nope, I already ate I just figured that I’d feed you as you studied seeing as you’re terrible at multitasking” Joohyun couldn’t disagree with the statement and carried on studying as Seungwan held the spoon and cup up to her lips every few minutes careful not to drop anything on her textbooks or notes. Joohyun would never admit it but she could get used to her girlfriend feeding her, she loved when the older babied her – it reminded Joohyun of the time she caught a nasty cold of them being romantic in the rain. Seungwan scolding her wasn’t fun to sit through but the blonde fussing about her, feeding her porridge, making sure she was warm and cuddling her to sleep made the flu worth it.

 

Joohyun was at a roadblock, she had eaten and the caffeine was slowly fading but she just couldn’t concentrate but tried to will herself to continue because all she could think of was exam + tomorrow + not enough studying = bad results + parents being disappointed + the world ending. Meanwhile the blonde who was in bed already doing her night time sketching watched on as the raved scrunched up her hair as if she was pulling it out. Seungwan felt bad that her girlfriend was evidently stressed and she couldn’t do much to help.

 

“Babe it 1.30am I think it’s time you head to bed”

 

“I was going to pull an all nighter” Joohyun grunted from her study area

 

“Not on my watch, you need at least 8 hours of sleep to feel well rested. C’mon Hyun you know all the content, I’ve seen you’ve been preparing for weeks now come to bed and let’s cuddle”

 

“I can’t Wannie, I need to ace this exam”

 

“And you will Hyun please…” It wasn’t often that Seungwan begged but she just wanted the raven to get enough rest and not be burnt out. When she realised Joohyun was indeed not listening to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter