Chapter one

Risk it all?

‘’Are you okay?’’

I looked to my left. A friendly looking lady was looking right at me. Her blond hair was pinned up into a bun. She had a worried expression on her face, which I could not link to why. She kept looking at me, since I did not answer her question. She asked me again ‘’are you okay?’’ and grabbed my hand.

I must have looked crazy to her. Here I was, on a plane that was about to depart. Tears streaming down my face leaving trails of mascara behind as evidence. I didn’t know how to answer the lady. I was not okay, but I could not talk to her about it. Not to anyone. I just smiled at her and nodded.

She squeezed my hand and gave a soft smile. She knew I lied. But she decided to leave it.

I hear the pilot starting his introduction talk. Everything is going according to schedule. I just have tot survive 2 hours of flying an then I’m back home. I grabbed my phone to turn it on flight mode and saw the missed calls. 3 Missed calls. His calls. There was also a text…

Not looking at the text I turn my phone on flight mode and delete the notifications. I put in my earbuds and listen to some music. Hopefully he’ll give up.
But I knew him… If he sets his mind to something he won't stop. It took a while before I fell asleep. And when I woke up I heard the pilot announcing we arrived at our destination. Home. Time to go back to reality… My old life. The question was if I could.

4 years ago

‘’Kayleigh, can you work my shift this Saturday?’’ Amy looked at me with her big bright eyes. I knew these eyes all to well. Those eyes mean she wants something really, really bad. And they worked all to well on me. I already had a shift on Sunday. So goodbye weekend.
‘’Ugh… Fine.. but you owe me big time.’’ I said.

‘’Thank you, thank you, thank you!’’ she yelled ecstatic.

‘’Yeah, yeah. Why can’t you work anyway?’’ I asked.

‘’The GOT7 concert is Saturday’’ Her face was I pure shock. I knew why. How could I possible not remember that GOT7 performed on Saturday.
Honestly I listen to a couple of their songs and I liked them. Some are even in my playlist, but I have never been this fan girl type like Amy was.

Amy is my best friend. She was a very pretty girl. Her long blonde naturally curled hair went just pass her shoulder. She was fair skinned with freckles on her nose. Bright light blue eyes and this contagious energy around her. Amy had always been this bright and happy girl. I was kind of jealous because of that. Nothing seemed to get her down. Me on the other hand… I always had to fight for what I wanted. And even then I haven’t always succeeded. 3 Years ago I pictured myself working in a laboratory and now I’m working in this café behind the register.

‘’Earth to Kayleigh!”

I got shocked by Amy yelling and waving her hand in front of me. “Ah! What?’’

‘’Can I borrow your green jacket for the concert?’’

There were those eyes again… ‘’Yeah, sure’’