Date, Number and A Start of Something

Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay if we take my car? Or are you more comfortable if we use your car?” one thing Eugene learned from talking to Kwang Soo oppa, he’s a gentleman through and through. Not just to women in general, but he’s a well-mannered guy all around. When Seok Jin oppa was making a fuss about wanting to go to the toilet alone, Kwang Soo didn’t say anything but followed him anyway, making sure that he’s okay until he’s seated back in the booth.

“I’m fine either way, but if we take oppa’s car, can my driver follow us too?”

“If that’s what you want, or we can just drop you off?”

“No no, I don’t want to trouble you.”

Kwang Soo smiled warmly, Eugene’s heart fluttered a lil bit. “I have a day off tomorrow, it’s totally fine. But the choice is yours to make.”

“I’ll have my driver follow us, oppa.”

“Okay, let’s go then.”

Eugene told Mr. Cho to follow Kwang Soo’s oppa car as they drove to the secluded area near his place to take a walk by the river. Eugene heard about the place, celebrities often go to this particular part because of the privacy.

As they’re hopping out of the car, the well-mannered guy offered Eugene his hand, and Eugene heart fluttered again when he didn’t let go as they started to stroll the track.

“Is this okay?” Kwang Soo oppa asked shyly, lifting their connected hands.

Eugene chuckled. “yes oppa, this is fine.”

Eugene never thought an actor will be this shy to hold a girl’s hand. “I had to admit that I wanted to hold your hand even back when we’re having dinner at your restaurant.” Kwang Soo oppa said with a small voice.

Eugene had to hold back a laugh as she’s afraid of hurting the guy’s pride. “It’s my dad’s restaurant but that’s great,” Eugene started. “I love our endless conversation at the bar no matter how loud it was, I think it’s been too long since a guy really interested when they talk with me.”

“You’re joking, right? You’re gorgeous, you must have lots of guys chasing you.”

“You’ll be surprised at how dry my love story is for years now. My last boyfriend was in high school and we broke up because he cheated on me.”

“What? How?” Kwang Soo oppa gasped.

“Tell me about it, he’s the worst. As you heard from my dad, my life had been dedicated to my studies and work as soon as I started college.”

“You moved to the States right? Surely you’ve met a lot of new people there.”

“I did, I went on a few dates but none of them worked out. Some were only interested in my dad’s business, some are intimidated by the circumstances I’m in, and some are just total jerks so I gave up.”

“No way, when was the last time you went on a date?”

“Hmm let me see, two almost three years ago? My mom arranged a blind date, but the guy is not even interested in me.”

Kwang Soo cannot believe his ears. “How did that happen?”

“I mean he already had a girlfriend, but you know, his parents didn’t even know about it and he’s a total coward. I patted his shoulder, telling him good luck and went back to my office to finish writing reports. He blocked my number after that.”

“I had no words, you really are bad at this.” Kwang Soo oppa joked, making Eugene laughed.

“My parents gave up about it too, that’s why it has been so long since my mom arranged a blind date for me. They rather have a workaholic daughter than a grumpy, irritated one. What about you oppa? You must’ve tons of ex-girlfriends, right?”

Kwang Soo oppa shook his head. “We had one thing in common, I had a girlfriend two years ago and she cheated on me too. I was willing to forgive and forget but she told me to get lost.”

“Omo, she’s a devil.”

“Tell me about it, I had gone to a few dates but they bore me.” Eugene turned her head and stopped their stroll to catch Kwang Soo’s eyes.

“What? I’m telling the truth!”

“Be honest with me, do they really bore you or are you making excuses as you busied yourself with work?” Kwang Soo laughed loudly at that.

“You got me there, but they bore me first. You also said there’s nothing wrong with focusing on work, right?”

“Guilty.” Eugene raised her left hand, laughing along with him. Exactly at 4.15 a.m, Eugene’s alarm on her phone went off. She turned it off in hurry, hiding the screen from Kwang Soo’s peering eyes.

“What’s that for?”

“I had a habit to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter