two. demonic hour

Aubade (Dawn Serenade)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Joohyun was now in the backseat, leaning her head on the car's window, her index finger connecting the raindrops displayed on it. It's 3:00 am the demonic hour. Her mom used to say it was called like that because demons are at their strongest at this time. Seung-wan, however, with her big brain, told her a different thing, one that made more sense.

"I'm sorry we have to stop driving, the main roads are flooded. You should take a nap or something." The driver got inside the car after ordering two cups of hot chocolate from the gas station's convenience store. Apparently, the August storm just landed 3 hours ago and now it has been raining nonstop, flooding the busiest highways.

"Seung-wan told me we are most vulnerable to our inner demons at this hour." Joohyun reached for the cup of hot chocolate not having any intention of sipping, just for the purpose of warming her cold hands.

"I agree. Everyone's just so sad and lonely and hurt at this hour. Though, I hope they are aware that they're still beautiful people." The driver reclined her seat, she knew they might stay here until the morning. The storm ain't gonna disappear overnight. She looked outside, the electricity has been cut off and the nearby 7-11 were their only source of light as of now.

"I hate how you sound like Seungwan and it makes me so damn sad that you aren't really her." Joohyun continued staring outside her window, she finds the sound of the rain therapeutic yet she'll flinch along with the person beside her every time the thunder roared. 

"Seungwan.. hmmm.. you've been mentioning her nonstop. Who is she in your life anyway?" The driver played the radio and Hericane by Lany drowned the faint noise outside.

"Well, she's.... my life." Joohyun reclined her chair, she's starting to feel the headaches now and it gets even worse when it sunk to her, that yes, she made Seungwan her life. It's a forbidden act, a golden rule, but she loved her enough to break it.

"Oh wow. Is she aware of that?" The blonde woman exclaimed, she knew Joohyun was madly into "Seungwan" but not to that extent of depending her whole happiness on the person she is in love with.

"I don't think so. If she knew, she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter