final

that book, no wait this one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunji glares at her math textbook, willing herself to focus on the fifty billion equations staring back at her. After a minute, she lets out a huff and slams the book close. She ignores the dirty looks she gets around her and shoves all of her stuff in her backpack. Stupid math. Who needs math anyways? 

 

After she has her stuff packed, Eunji swings on her backpack and walks a lap around the library. She’s definitely lost her prime seat by the vending machines, but she needs to clear her mind a little. If she sees another math equation, she’s gonna lose it. 

 

It’s as she’s walking around that Eunji notices a girl, a very pretty girl. Slowing her steps, Eunji tries to subtly peek at the girl sitting at one of the tables with a bunch of papers spread out around her. Wow, she’s really pretty. Eunji walks a little closer, admiring the girl’s long black hair and even longer legs. It’s also then that Eunji notices that it’s not the usual academic stuff surrounding her. They’re drawings, really good drawings. 

 

Eunji is so busy staring at both the girl and her drawings that she almost walks straight into a pillar. She barely manages to catch herself before she does, cursing under breath. She glances around to see if anyone saw that, but everyone still looks just as studious or asleep as they did before. Taking a deep breath, Eunji looks back at the girl, who’s still unfairly pretty and sketching like she’s in her own little world. 

 

A part of her wants to talk to her, but she can’t just walk up to some random girl in the library without a reason. Well, technically she can, but she doesn’t want to be one of those people. She just needs a reason, no matter how dumb it is. Just an excuse. 

 

Looking around, Eunji’s eyes land on the bookshelves just to the left of the girl. She steps closer and scans them for a moment. Yeah, these’ll work. 

 

Eunji bites her lip as she approaches the girl, trying to look appropriately embarrassed. “Excuse me,” Eunji whispers as she hovers by the girl’s table. When the girl looks up at her, Eunji forgets what she was going to say for a second. She blinks dumbly before shaking her head. “Um,” Eunji says, rubbing the back of her neck as her mind tries to get its back together. “Could you help me get a book? I’m too short to reach it.” 

 

Normally, Eunji hates how short she is, but it might just work in her favor for once. 

 

The girl stares at her for a moment before smiling, and Eunji feels her stomach do a flip. Did she just get prettier somehow? 

 

“Yeah, of course.” 

 

The girl pushes back her chair and stands up. For a moment, Eunji can’t but help but stare. The other girl really is tall. Easily two inches taller than her. Those legs really aren’t just for show, are they? 

 

Eunji doesn’t realize she’s staring until the girl shuffles her feet and says, “Um, which book did you need help getting?” 

 

“Right, book,” Eunji says, bobbing her head. She turns on her heel and starts walking towards the bookshelves. She really needs to get it together. What is she, fifteen again? When they get to the shelf, Eunji belatedly realizes she has zero idea of what any of these books are. Hoping for the best, Eunji points randomly at a red book and says, “That one.”

 

The girl follows her finger and murmurs, “Oh, that’s not too high.” Yeah, maybe not too high for long-legged goddesses. Eunji might as well be a d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter