In This World (Part. 1)

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Disclaimer : No official pairing for this one, it's just an Izone AU)
 

- In this world where some are given blessings while some are given curses, a group of thieves try to survive in this cruel world of theirs.

 

 Will the special unit stop them or will they let them survive their sad fate ? -


 

[ Can be triggering ; angst ; major character death.]
 

___







 

Chaewon smiled at the orders she was given, knowing how easy it will be already. The small papers inside her hands, detailed yet short... typical Sakura, her instructions never leaving place for unnecessary thoughts.


 

She had to be quick however, if she wasn’t on time then it could possibly make the whole plan fail. She knew eyes were on her at this very moment, she had to blur them, to blind them and confuse them. 


 

Closing her eyes, she snapped her fingers, just like indicated on the paper. The world stopping around her, like in a wax statues museum, the movements frozen in time... she smiled and went on her left, just like said on the paper. 


 

Seeing the frozen shadow she was meant to find, she touched it, releasing the frozen instant from the paused time... she fell down in it. Hidden inside a dark shadow... she looked up, a small window of the world above her. She snapped her fingers and the world went back to its pace, people moving and noisy again... 


 

She saw that they were moving, entering a new room. 

 

"I’m gonna put you in this shadow." The high voice said, the owner of this current shadow. Their shadows manipulator aka Nako. 


 

"Do as you are ordered. Don’t think or else they’ll see us." Chaewon replied still inside this dark surrounding, looking up to see what was happening outside. 



 

"I know. Just saying that you’ll stay here now... I’ll transfer you now, be ready." Nako said back, her eyes rolling at the stern voice.


 

"Alright." Chaewon nodded, bracing herself for the incoming force, she felt herself moving on the right, like swayed by a current or a strong breeze. Feeling herself still, she knew that she had just been transferred to the next shadow.


 

From the small window, she could see Nako’s figure walking away... now, she had to wait. 


 

The plan was just starting... 



 

Approximately 3 hours later, she could see the lights going off inside her room ... her window of vision was bigger now as the room was now painted in darkness, the shadow engulfing the place. She waited for the signal... 



 

She heard a snap and knew it was the signal… looking above she huffed before jumping out of the shadow by the window above her, climbing up back to the world. Snapping her fingers again, she could now walk freely.



 

It was too easy. 



 

The world frozen in place again, she made her way out of the room, making sure to close it behind her as to not leave hints of her presence... taking the papers from her back pocket, she looked at the next one. 


 

‘Go to the left and take the right. Open the door.’ 



 

She did so, walking to her left then to her right. 



 

The door was left open for her, she didn’t question it as she didn’t want her thoughts to be heard, or seen. It was too dangerous to think too much in this situation.


 

Entering the place, she could see the frozen guards, a smirk on her face, she had to restrain herself from drawing on their faces or plan a silly prank on them. 


 

Her eyes landed on the big diamond inside the glass box, the big jewel seemed to be on display just for her to see... 


 

Chaewon whistled at the sight, it was big, shiny and probably very expensive. It must be... or else she wouldn’t be there to steal it. 



 

The alarm system was frozen in time, it was impossible to activate anyway so she didn’t really care. 



 

She took the papers again and read them.


 

‘Open your bag, break the glass with the bomb’ 



 

Chaewon smiled, finally she was able to see what was inside the bag she was carrying for so long now. She whistled again at the sight of the bomb, it wasn’t a small one. 


 

"Ahhh it’ll be annoying to control." She groaned as she caught on the tricky situation she was in. The bomb will probably cause an explosion strong enough to kill all the guards here ... they couldn’t afford getting anyone killed. A memory came in her mind... the situation was all too familiar somehow. She shrugged the memory away, it was in the past anyway. Plus it wasn’t time to be sidetracked.




 

She placed the bomb on the glass box... she had to get the timing right. It could cost everyone’s life here, herself included. 



 

Three seconds... two... one... 


 

The explosion made the glass box shatter, the glass shard exploding a little everywhere... but she had stopped it midway... the glass shards hanging in the air and the explosive force put to a stop. Chaewon sighed in relief, she made it... 



 

She moved the smoke around, as it was still hiding the diamond she was trying to steal. The smoke rose and dispersed itself in the room, moving freely unlike the rest of the world. The time-stopping girl coughed as she inhaled some of it. 


 

She simply reached a hand inside the mess and grabbed the cold jewel... she had it. 

 

In her hands. 

 

She wanted to stare at it and dance in joy but unfortunately, it was not possible for now. She had to make it quick, the longer she stayed there, the more it could cost them their lives. 


 

Taking the next paper she read the instructions. 


 

‘Unfreeze the guard nearest to the door’s shadow. Go inside and unfreeze the world’ 


 

She went to the bulky man, a bored look on his face and the uniform a little too tight on him. She wanted to gag at his appearance... he looked truly disgusting. She wondered why Chaeyeon chose this body but she couldn’t wonder for too long. Looking at his shadow, she taped it and fell inside again. 



 

"Hey you." Nako said with a little smirk. Another person next to her unlike last time.


 

"Hm." Chaewon hummed back.


 

"You have the jewel ?" Hyewon asked with a small smile.


 

"Of course. Now, ready for the grand finale ?" Chaewon smiled wickedly. She went to the older girl here and gave her a hug, happy that their plan was going good so far.


 

"Let’s show the world our newest spectacle !" Nako nodded, sharing the same smile on her face.





 

Chaewon snapped her fingers and the world went back to its usual course. 


 

*Boom shatter* 



 

By the small window of the world above them, they could see the explosion, the glass breaking and the alarm going off loudly.


 

All guards were startled and in shock, all looking around as they literally saw the glass box exploding without smoke and the jewel disappearing... just in front of their eyes.

 

"Search the building !" 


 

They saw the guards running around, themselves inside the shadow were dragged along, going through random corridors in their hidden darkness.. A familiar sense of randomness. 


 

"There ! " the heard yells and the sound of the alarm still blaring through the whole building... 



 

They reached the front doors and the man called more guards with him... Chaewon, Nako and Hyewon readied themselves for their last trick. 



 

"There !" They heard the man say again


 

Hyewon prepared herself.


 

The man ran to the road looking left and right. A light turning round the corner, flashing on his head and yells behind calling for him.



 

"Watch out !" They heard other guards yell but too late, the truck hit him with such a force... 



 

Hyewon had grabbed the man’s ankle from where she was hiding in the shadow... not letting the ankle go and taking in the impact herself...



 

The body was sent flying and soon enough, the rest of the guards gathered around.


 

Chaewon helped Hyewon standing up again, she had just taken all the force of a car crash... and more, it wasn’t a car that ran over them but a full truck. Inside the shadow, in their secluded darkness, they stayed hidden as the shadow’s owner was lying lifeless on the ground.


 

In a matter of  minutes, an ambulance had taken the dead guard ... However, inside the secretive interior of the ambulance, a body went out of the lifeless man, like a snake shedding out of their skin. 


 

"Get out now." The girl said.


 

The three hiding inside the shadow went out, the four crowding the small inside of the ambulance as they talked in hushed whispers.



 

"Seriously Chaeyeon, why this old man ?" Chaewon asked while still frowning at the ugly lifeless man. 



 

"I couldn’t find anyone else okay. He was the only dead person I could possess at the moment." Chaeyeon replied with a sigh, she had to choose between this man or an elderly … and gosh wasn’t she ready to suffer from back pains and arthritis while possessing the elder man. 


 

"Anyway, who have the last papers." Hyewon said while panting... 


 

"Me." Chaewon said while taking the last paper out of her pocket.


 

"Hye... you won’t like this one." Chaewon said after reading the last paper.


 

"What is it now ?" Hyewon asked while still recovering from the trick she pulled earlier.


 

"Stop the time, go out of the ambulance and run." Chaewon said, reading the small paper in her hands...


 

"She’s seriously asking me to run after this !" Hyewon complained, not liking the idea one bit. She was trying to recover from a deadly car accident… Well, more like a truck accident.


 

"I don’t make the rules." Chaewon shrugged.


 

"Wait !" Chaeyeon said while taking a pen out of her pocket... 

 

She started drawing a familiar shape on the man’s forehead and on the ambulance’s wall. 


 

"Hurry up, the ambulance is stopping now." Nako urged the girl.


 

"I’m done." Chaeyeon said and put the pen back in her pocket.


 

"Alright... let’s do this." Chaewon said before snapping her fingers... the world coming to a stop again, she tapped on her partners’ shoulders and all of them came back to life, moving again.



 

"Let’s go." 



 

They opened the ambulance’s door from the inside and ran into the frozen night. 




 

___



 

‘Breaking News ! The royal diamond was stolen last night from XX museum. The only footage leaving no clues for the police who are still trying to find the culprits. It is said to be the same thieves of the previous big beak as police officers and nurses found their emblem on the only dead man present on the crime scene and all over the ambulance’s walls.’


 

"We are still looking for clues that could lead us to them." The renowned officer said with a professional voice.


 

"Officer Kwon ! Can’t you figure how they did this ?" A reporter asked the young officer.


 

"They seem to have planned it out well, so well that our watcher’s premonitions got altered greatly." The officer admitted to the press, earning surprised gasp from everyone.


 

"How are you planning on catching them if your watcher can’t see their futures ?"


 

"We have a new promising crew that will help us on the case. I personally choose all of them with the help of my watcher. Trust me. We will soon catch them."








 

xxxxx


 

In the office, chaos reigned, yet, inside a particular room, a drastic contrast left a tensed silence fly around the 6 officers. The new crew.


 

"I present myself, I’m Officer Kwon, the leader of our crew, some of you may already know my abilities. " The small yet strong looking woman said in a loud voice. It wasn’t a surprise actually, as one of the most feared officers of their country, her superhuman force was known by everyone… what others didn’t know, was her little hidden ability… she kept it hidden as her joker card.


 

"I’m Jang Wonyoung, the watcher.." the youngest girl then took the initiative. Her presence wasn’t a surprise as well, she was the best watcher in their country and the youngest as well. A true prodigy to say the least. The two, her and Kwon Eunbi were the most efficient tandem as they had worked on thousands of cases in the past and always solved them without a hitch.


 

"I’m Jo Yuri. A transferred officer from Busan. I’m a tracker." The next girl said, her red hair standing out inside the plain looking room. Yet another well known person, the best tracker of the country again.


 

"I’m Honda Hitomi, I got sent from Japan to help in this case. I’m an elemental." The girl had a slight Japanese accent as she presented herself. She was known for her expertise in the light element, bending it with such ease that she was said to scare off monsters lurking in the dark.



 

"I’m Ahn Yujin, I’m a new officer that got recommended from higher ups. I’m a changer." Unlike the others, this one was cheerful and less tensed... her young age may explain it. She wasn’t as famous but she was recently starting to get a name for herself inside the police and the army. She may not be a prodigy like Wonyoung but her achievements spoke for herself.


 

All eyes fell on the last girl there... no one knew her which was a shock to everyone as this crew was made from the most famous officers of these days. The last girl was just unknown..


 

"I’m Kim M-Minjoo... uh I’m a college student living not too far... uhm that’s all." Minjoo wasn’t used to this environment, all serious and stressful. She was around well known names... while she was no one.


 

"You’re a forbidden." The youngest explained. 


 

Everyone froze at the last word ... they all knew forbiddens were all killed or exiled due to their dangerous powers... Minjoo stopped breathing as well as her heart fell in her chest.


 

"I- no I’m a normal girl here ! I don’t even know what I’m doing here. I’ll get going now. I shouldn’t have stayed this long." Minjoo stood up, she needed to escape this very dangerous situation.



 

As she stood up, a glare was thrown at her. The oldest officer and the most decorated one as well was glaring at her which made her gulp in fear. 


 

“Wonyoung and I choose you for a reason.” Eunbi said with a stern and cold voice.


 

“Well you got the wrong person, I can’t help here.” Minjoo replied as she packed her bag.


 

“I’m never wrong though.” Wonyoung affirmed with a confident tone. She already knew what was going to happen in advance… she just waited.


 

"There’s a first to everything. I’m g-going now." Minjoo announced before making her way to the door.


 

A hand caught hers as she was just about to turn the doorknob... 


 

"You heard us talking, so you need to be killed." Eunbi said, her predatory eyes contrasted with her earlier gentle ones... 


 

Minjoo didn’t expect it and before she knew it, her body was sent flying to the wall behind. Eunbi had thrown her harshly…  



 

Minjoo closed her eyes and by reflex, she clapped her hands. Making the whole scene freeze in front of her. 



 

On the floor and panting, she was recovering from the impact and looked at the room... the clock had stopped ticking and the girls’ weren’t even breathing anymore. She had just stopped the time.


 

The impact made her cough and as expected, her power faltered and time started flowing again. 


 

"I knew it. You’re a forbidden one. I saw it." Wonyoung said as she had seen it in the future. Like she said, she was never wrong. 



 

"Welcome in the crew." Eunbi said, walking to Minjoo with a guilty smile on her face. She took Minjoo by the shoulders and put her up on her feet. Almost carrying Minjoo like a rag doll.



 

"I... I’m going.. to die." Minjoo mumbled in between pants, the impact must have broken ribs or something as she couldn’t breathe anymore.. 



 

"I’m sorry for this... b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter