the only harmony i wanna hear

you're the perfect melody

A/N: Since there's not enough content for my best ship, I might as well do the job myself.

No actual plot. I just wanted an excuse to write them and this is really just to satisfy my own cravings. Also, this is kinda based on MinQi's pre-debut days: where Yuqi would find Minnie alone in one of the rooms and she would be playing the piano whenever she felt sad. Not sure if those were the exact words, but I forgot where I saw it from.

Anywho, I'mma just drop this here and dip :v


 

As Yuqi entered the dark room, Minnie was seated at the large piano. Her hands on the keys and a concentrated look on her face. The Thai didn’t seem to notice that Yuqi had entered the room, and so she didn’t look up when the girl approached her with quiet steps.

 

“Hey, unnie.” Yuqi greets while dropping her hands onto Minnie’s shoulders. The latter flinched and tensed up at first, but quickly relaxed when she realized who it is and smiled brightly at her.

 

“Yuqi! Hi!” Minnie’s voice was full of enthusiasm, which made Yuqi’s heart jump a little when she heard how happy she sounded.

 

“What’s up?”

 

Minnie scooted aside for her girlfriend to sit on the small bench. “Oh, I’m just practicing a bit. It’s a new song that I made.”

 

She points at the notebook in front of them, and Yuqi looks at the cluster of intricate notes, rests, measures, and harmonies with interest. “Can I hear it?” She asked hopefully.

 

“Of course.” Minnie grinned, then placed her fingers back onto the piano keys. Immediately, her face took a calm, but focused expression as she gazed at the pages of her notebook and began pressing on the keys. Her fingers were practically flying across the piano, with tones sounding soft and certain. The impeccable force she put into playing was almost audible, and Yuqi thought that it sounded marvelous.

 

When the song came to an end, Minnie withdraws her hands from the keys. Pausing for a few seconds before looking back at Yuqi. “What do you think?”

 

The Han girl has been staring at her over the course of the song, and the smile she was sporting had reflected in her crescent-shaped eyes. “That was amazing, unnie.” She gushed, taking Minnie’s hands in her own and placing a gentle kiss on both of them. “You never disappoint.”

 

Minnie leaned into the gesture while laughing slightly. “Wooks, you cheesy romantic.” She teased, but didn’t pull away. Instead, she fell forward and pressed further into Yuqi’s affectionate touch.

 

Seeing that her girlfriend is enjoying her actions, she covers the Thai’s hands with more of her kisses. Smiling even wider when she hears her infectious giggles.

 

“How was your day?” Minnie then asked as she gazed at her lovingly.

 

“Better now that you’re with me.” Came Yuqi’s cheeky reply, and the other girl laughs at that.

 

“You keep saying that you’re cool. But in reality, you’re still a cutie.”

 

“Yah!”

 

“My cutie, to be exact.” Minnie finished with a triumphant grin, feeling amused at the pout directed towards her.

 

“Meh, I can live with that.” Yuqi shrugged before kissing Minnie’s hands again, her lips brushing softly against the skin of her knuckles.

 

“I love it when you’re like this. A bit sappy, but adorable nonetheless. Not that you’d be any different some other time, but you’re just so…” Minnie paused, struggling to find the right adjectives to describe her girlfriend. Yuqi looks up briefly when she doesn’t continue, and the Thai bites her lower lip as she considers her next words.

 

“Beautiful. Breath-taking. Incredible. Unique…”

 

Yuqi’s heart does a few somersaults at these compliments

 

“… Spectacular. Gorgeous. All that and more.”

 

Minnie looks deep into those almond-shaped eyes staring widely at her. “You’re like the most perfect melody to me, and I wonder what I’ve done to ever deserve someone like you.”

 

She then rests their foreheads together while interlocking their fingers.

 

“I love you.” Minnie says in a soft, earnest voice as she blushed a little. Even after years of dating, she’s still shy with saying those three words as openly as Yuqi does. Not that younger girl minded at all.

 

Before she knew it, Yuqi had already leaned forward to close the minimal distance. Her hands still holding onto Minnie’s as she captures the Thai’s lips with her own, and Minnie kisses her back just as fervently.

 

After a moment, Yuqi withdraws to catch her breath and stares up at Minnie—who had closed her eyes while her lips curled into a contented smile.

 

“Love you too, unnie.”

 

 

 

 

 


EDIT [7/23/2020]: Ok, so I like the piano idea and I MIGHT try to write a longer one-shot for it in the future.

But I have commitment issues, and that applies to my responsibilities as well :')