1 ~ The Origin

Season of Waiting [Emperor! Jungkook]

The crowd on the streets were making a load of noises, as carts rushed along and guards running over gravel created a huge commotion.

"Missy! What are you doing?" 

Min Seon peered out the front door, curious to see what the commotion was all about. Min Seon turned around to see her servant looking at her. 

"What's going on outside? Is someone coming?" Min Seon raised her eyebrows in curiosity. Her servant, an older but elegant young lady smiled, "I heard Madam General said that it was the Crown Prince coming back to the city after a few months on the outskirts trying to take care of the rebel army together with General. 

Min Seon frowned, "Huh? But father and brother is coming back only next week! Shouldn't they be coming back with the Crown Prince?" In Ha stepped closer to Min Seon and smiled, "General is coming back after wrapping the menial tasks up, Junior General will be back together with the Crown Prince today." 

Huh, seemed like In Ha knew more than what Min Seon thought. But since the Crown Prince was coming, it was a great chance for her to finally see the mystical creature that father and brother talked about. They always told her how the Crown Prince was a handsome and dashing young man, would it be her lucky day today? 

"In Ha, I'm just going out to take a breather, I'll be back before dinner," Min Seon opened the door a little wider, only to be stopped by In Ha's hand on hers. 

"Missy, Madam General will not allow you to go out unless accompanied, remember?" Min Seon remembered how badly her mother punished her for sneaking outside to roam the street markets and now, her mother has lost trust in her. 

"In Ha, you know me! I won't do anything stupid, I just want to see the Crown Prince, that's all. I promise, I'll just take a peek and come back okay?" Min Seon nodded and opened the door, rushing out even before In Ha could grab hold of her hand. Min Seon turned around and waved before blending into the human crowd. 

____________

Min Seon was thrilled to be out of her residence and she walked toward a group of young girls, awaiting for his carriage to arrive. Minutes after minutes pass, but the Crown Prince's carriage was nowhere to be seen. Weird, the carts came but, where's the human? After awhile, the crowd started dispersing and Min Seon looked on for a little while longer, until all the guards cleared. 
"Tough luck today," Min Seon sighed in disappointment and walked towards the market to take things off her mind.

Min Seon's father was the Senior General to the Emperor and her brother learned the ropes, following their father's footsteps in becoming a Junior General. Their family lived harmoniously, but she rarely saw her father, who often went out to war or to appease the rebels. Now that her brother joined the military too, she barely had any company her age. That was the reason why she loved sneaking out to see what's beyond the walls of her residence. 

As Min Seon walked along the bustling market filled with street food and stalls, she nearly tripped over something. Looking down, she saw a little glimmer - it was a small golden pouch. Min Seon picked it up and it looked pristine and just so - different! Sewn with gold thread and silk, it looked absolutely beautiful. Who could it belong to? 

Min Seon looked around and saw a built young man nearby. She said, “Excuse me, sir, is this yours?” The man turned around and my - she was stunned at this man’s visuals. Her heart skipped a beat and she froze for a moment. The man too, seemed a little shocked and later seemed shy? 
Min Seon lifted the pouch up and the man took a quick scan before looking down to check his body. 

“Yes, thank you, it belongs to me," he took it over and hooked it back on his waist band.

“Oh… here you go. It looks like a really different pouch.” She said and the man gave her a light smile. 

"It's an important scent pouch I carry around, so thank you," the man smiled. Min Seon loved making her own blend of scent pouches, and she pointed at her own. 
 

"Oh really? I love making my own, what's your favourite scent?" Min Seon said as she took her pouch out from her pocket. Min Seon egged the man to take a whiff, and he smiled. 
 

"I mostly like musk and vanilla, but yours has a pleasantly light smell. You like spices?" The man asked. Min Seon nodded, "I like blending them into food or scent sachets! I see that you love scents too, yours is pretty strong." 
 

The man laughed and nodded, showing his charming smile, stunning Min Seon. Before he could open his mouth, another flustered young man ran forth towards the man, whispering in his ear. The man's expressions stiffened and nodded. 

"It was a great time with you, my lady. It is time for me to go, but I'd love to catch up another time. May I have your name?" the man asked apologetically.

"Min Seon, what about you?" 
 

"Jungkook. A pleasure to meet you, Min Seon. We shall meet again." 
 

Before Min Seon could reply, the two men took off. Ah, what a pity, he looked so dashing, even the other man looked like an intricate statue. This was the first time in Min Seon's life that she's seen such charming men!

Min Seon rushed back to her residence with her cheeks and ears burning in embarrassment - she didn't even realise that she's already star struck by the man she just met.

_____________

أدوات التصميم  حقيبة كل مصمم #غيرروائي # غير روائي # amreading # books # wattpad

Image credit to: aiidankim