Surprise Sequel!

Do Not Drink and Drive (Thru)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Surprise! (insert Wendy's voice)

As requested by many, here's the sequel. Hope you like it!

 

• • •

 

Waking up with a very attractive (sarcasm) snort, it took a split second for Irene to realize that she’s having the most terrible hangover in all her twenty years of life. Her life flashed before her eye lids as her head that slightly rose from the pillow, went down the softness again. She clutched her head with a groan, closing her eyes with a sigh.

What even happened last night?


She mustered the strength to crack an eye open and disappointment quickly formed upon her expression. Distastefully, she was still wearing the clothes she wore from last night. And then, looking down, some kind of crumbs littered her chest disgustingly.

For the second time, she asked herself.

What the happened last night?

With a newfound adrenaline and ignorance for the hangover, she quickly sat up to look over her surroundings which is thankfully, in her own dorm room. Nothing out of the blue, it seems. All of her stuff seems to be in the condition when she left them be last night. Irene looked down at her own clothing and sighed, head still pounding. On her bedside table, there laid a single drink, an empty cup of what she assumed a sundae, and a box of McNuggets.

Hm, that explains the crumbs then.

Still, it does not ease her even just a little. To tell you, it made her even more revolted, given the fact that she ate on the bed, crumbs and all, and she did not even wash up! Her clean freak nature is raging in its cages right now.

Oh, something clicked.

For the last time, she asked herself a question.

What the heck did those two spawns of Satan put in her drink!?

Because as far as she knew, the last thing she remembered is that she drank only that cup and the rest was, unfortunately (or fortunately, Irene thinks, because she preferred not to remember the dumb she might have done while drunk), only history.

Suddenly, multiple aggressive knocks attacked her door which alarmed Irene, but it also sparked a rage inside her too, knowing which knocks those came from. Without waiting for a response, in walk in the two partners in crime, dressed up in casual clothing, freshly bathed and not looking at all exhausted as opposed to Irene’s unwashed self.

“Good morni— woah!” Yeri’s greeting was cut off when a pillow was thrown her way in blinding speed but quickly dodged it, Joy chuckling beside her, “Isn’t this enough for you!?” She flashed her bruised hand that was still reddish in color to the slightly smirking Irene.
 

“How did you even know my passcode!? God, I hate you two so much,” Irene grumbled, colors dancing behind her eyelids as she slumped back on the pillow. Later, when she’s feeling a lot better, she’ll just tear their ears apart with scolding. She grudgingly watched Joy walk to the kitchen and began heating water up, “You love us and we all know it,” She chuckled, “By the way, I’m making you some soup to calm that hangover of yours.”

Thank god she made herself useful.

Yeri, on the other hand, picked the strewn pillow up and then threw it on the bed, by Irene’s foot, and then began putting the little trash away, ignoring Irene’s glare as she smirk at her current condition.

Well, at least she’s being useful too.
 

“Unnie, I gave you only one cup, and this is how you end up? Who even drove you home?” Yeri asked as she threw the empty box of Mcnuggets into the garbage bag she found.

Irene sighed, “I don’t know? I can’t remember.”

Joy chuckled from the kitchen, stirring the slowly delicious smelling but unknown soup.

“Shut up,” Irene grumbled.

“That was supposed to loosen you up, Unnie. It was only some vodka and cola,” Yeri put a hand on her hip and then shook her head, “It’s because you spend your time on the library instead of partying.”

 

“At least I spend my time in the library instead of partying,” Irene retorted but Yeri and Joy both snorted at their senior who bored them to death. She really is no fun.

“We both have a 4.0 GPA, what you mean?”

Well, they didn’t have to snap that hard.

Irene rolled her eyes and relaxed on the bed. She was about to drop and snooze again, strangely uncaring of the crumbs still littering her dress, when Yeri gasped and then the garbage bag dropped on the carpeted floor with a small thud.
 

“What? What is it, Yerimie?” Irene heard Joy ask as Irene only watched them with disinterest when the tall kid walked up to the smaller kid as they inspected the tissue paper. Evil smirks began growing on their lips.

Oh no. She can sense doom.

“That’s just a tissue, what’s the big deal?” Irene asked, shaking her head mentally at their dramatic asses.

“It’s not just a tissue, my unnie dearest,” Joy answered and then signaled for Yeri to turn the tissue to Irene’s view.

Yeri’s smile irked Irene, “There are exactly eleven digits here, Unnie.”

“So?”
 

“It says “Kang Seulgi” and a tiny heart drawing. How ador—”

“What?!”

Yeri huffed, “Why do you keep cutting me off!?”

Irene ignored her protest, heart suddenly beating too fast she thought she might have a heart attack, as the stood up so fast, head pounding but she does not care.

She has to have that tissue.

Based on her calculations, it will only take five steps to reach the two satans.

One.

Two.

Three.

Huh, hangover who? I don’t know her.

Four.

Irene stumbled on the last step, and was able to catch herself before her face met the floor, and now here she is, on fours, kneeling in front of the two cackling children. She growled lowly and then raised her head, a hand reaching out to the tissue paper in Yeri’s grip, “Gimme!”

“Relax,” Yeri laughed and then made somewhat of a cross like those Catholic priests do on Irene’s forehead and then finally gave up when she received a sharp smack on her thigh, “Here it is, you freaking savage!”

Irene snatched the tissue paper with lightning speed as she scanned the written contents of it.

0XX-XXX-XXXX

Kang Seulgi <3

Oh my god.

Oh my ING GOD!?

“Is this real!?”

“How will we know?” Joy snorted, “You disappeared on us after we gave you your drink and your crush was nowhere to be found on the party.”

Irene stood up, an eyebrow raised with denial rolling off of her tongue smoothly, “She’s not my crush.”

“Oh, so that explains why you have to freak out over such paper huh? Totally not into her, nuh-uh,” Yeri teased, not buying the failed lie, but Irene ignored her.

“Considering you can’t remember anything, there’s only one way to know,” Joy smirked knowingly at a confused Yeri.

They had a silent conversation once again, as Yeri’s face slowly began mirroring Joy’s as well. Irene gulped, thinking that the soup is no longer needed when these two are more painful to the head that her hangover began disappearing bit by bit.

This is not good.

Irene does not know when it happened, but her phone suddenly showed up in Yeri’s possession. Panic coursed through Irene’s chest for a moment but then she remembered:

Her passcode’s new.

She only crossed her arms smugly in front of the unperturbed kid whom only smiled sweetly back at her, and then quickly typed in her new passcode without a single mistake.

“Bwah!?” Was only Irene’s smart reaction.

How the heck does she know?

She was again about to reach out but Joy was in front of her and then restrained her by pulling her into a bone crushing hug as Irene thrashed wildly. From her partly covered view, she watched Yeri’s fingers typing in the number from the tissue which was (strangely) in her hand again.

“Yeri, don’t you dare! Let go of my phone this ins— mmph!” Joy’s big hand covered .

It took only two rings after when the call was picked up, Yeri made sure to put it on loud speaker for the other two to hear.

“Hello?”

Oh God, it really is her.

“Hi! This is Kim Yerim, a friend of Irene Bae’s and this is her phone.”

The sweetness of her tone made Irene almost vomit.

“Oh, hello again. Why do you have her phone?”

“Wait, let me ask first. Is this Kang Seulgi?”

This she-devil.

“Yes, this is her. Is Irene with you?”

OH MY GOD.

Irene wishes she never woke up. This is getting to embarrassing. How did she even manage to snag her number?

And she’s really about to puke her guts now.

She tapped on Joy’s shoulder repeatedly but the giant ignored her.

“She’s unavailable right now for conversation, but I’m just making sure that the number really does belong to you.”

“Ah yes, yes. We met last night. Look, I’m sorry to cut our conversation short, but I’m kinda in the middle of something right now, would you be a sweetheart and tell her to please contact me again?”

“Sure!”

“Thank you, Kim Yerim. I owe you one!”

And then, the line was cut off.

Irene is now slapping Joy’s shoulders which are quiet solid, rapidly forgetting about the conversation that just happened between Yeri and Kang Seulgi, her bile is now rising to by the second.

Finally, Joy let go, and Irene knew that she can’t make it to the bathroom thanks to a certain Park.

“I’m going to barf.”

“No!”



• • •

 

hey i was wondering if ure still drunk and you still like me?

No, that doesn’t sound appropriate.

Delete, delete.

yo, still interested in my abs??

What the , Kang. That’s way worse.

Erase, erase.

“Five-minute break is almost over, guys! Prepare to go back to your stations!”

Damn it.

How can Seulgi take five freakin’ minutes just to compose a single text to her crush? She gave a second-long glance towards her manager and relief washed over her when the older woman doesn’t seem to have a single clue that she’s using her phone during work hours. She quickly deleted the dumb and frankly disrespectful texts and started composing another one, this time satisfying her before she sent it.

hey, how are you? by the way, can i call you later tonight? maybe about 8pm? :DD

Seulgi quickly pocketed the device with a slight edge to her steps, slightly nervous for the reply. What if Irene Bae was actually only drunk and isn’t really interested in her? What if Irene Bae did not reply to her at all? What if—

Her eyes widened slightly when she felt her phone vibrate almost immediately after pocketing it. Before she can reach it, her manager boomed again.

“Seulgi, break time’s over, to your station - chop chop!”

Guess she’ll have to wait until her shift ends, then.

 

• • •

 

hey, how are you? by the way, can i call you later tonight? maybe about 8pm? :DD

Irene almost spewed out the milk she was currently drinking when she opened the message from Seulgi - her name is not saved to her contacts yet but she already memorized her number – but in the process of preventing the action, the beverage went through the wrong pipe and she began choking. She immediately let go of her glass and pounded on her chest as she let out painful coughs like a dying dog.

After calming herself down, she read it again and quickly typed a reply.

Oh god, this is it. She’s about to talk to her hot crush.

yeah, sure. just text me when you are about to call

Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD.

Irene thinks this is a record for her saying too much “oh my god” in a day she should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter