fin.

a fluffy valentine's day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene’s been looking forward to this day for a few weeks now. The aroma wafted into the air as soon as she stepped out of her room. There she saw her best friend, Wendy, pouring coffee into her mug.

 

“Good morning, Wannie” she greeted gleefully. Seeing her best friend’s face always brighten up her mood and she doesn’t know why. It’s probably the security she feels when she’s with Wendy.

 

Wendy twisted her neck to the left and smiled, the usual response Irene gets from her oh-so quiet best friend. 

 

“You have any plans today?” Irene asked once she settled into her seat.

 

Wendy shrugged, “Lie down on my bed and come up with a few reasons as to why I’m lying down on my bed.”

 

“Ah typical” Irene snickered.

 

Wendy placed a stack of pancake on Irene’s side, pouring liquid syrup on top of it. Just an enough amount of sweetness, the way Irene likes it.

 

“What time will he pick you up?”

 

Irene checked her watch, the one he bought as a gift to celebrate their 2nd anniversary, “He told me he’ll be here at 9:30.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Irene rolled her eyes, I wonder how I put up with her reserved .

 

“You’re such a snob,” Irene complained, “I’ll take a bath now.”

 

Wendy waved her hand and did not bother to give Irene a glance. She was too engrossed in whatever information the newspaper offered.

 

She enters her own bathroom, seeing her planned outfit hung on the clothing rack beside the sink. A black dress that accentuates her curves and a shawl in case she gets cold. All is set, she’s more than excited to celebrate this day with the guy she’s been with for over 3 years.

 

But the universe had other plans.

 

My Life 🥀

Hey, something came up and I won’t be able to spend the day with you.

I’m sorry baby.

 

Of course, he’s the sweetest guy but he can be irresponsible at times. This wasn’t a one-time thing, their plans always get cancelled for some reason. That being his dad wanting him to accompany the former to a business trip or his buddies are in town and they want to get together and drink. She stopped counting the dates that gets cancelled, instead she reminisces on the days where her boyfriend is present and beside her.

 

With a dismayed sigh, she took her dress from the rack and went back to her room. She put back the dress in her wardrobe and sat on her bouncy bed, hugging her best friend’s favorite teddy bear. 

 

Irene heard a faint knock on the door and it revealed a none other than, Wendy.

 

“I thought you’re prepping up already?” Wendy slowly walked towards her.

 

Irene’s shoulders drop, a pout forming on her lips, “He bailed on me.”

 

Wendy pinched the bridge of her nose, “ing hell” she whispered, “On Valentine’s day? Really?”

 

Irene nodded, “Yeah, he said something came up so it’s fine.”

 

Wendy argued back, “No it’s not, I can see you sulking.”

 

“What else will I do then? I’ve got no date for today and I called in sick today.” Irene rationalized

 

Wendy felt a lightbulb clicking in her brain, “You’ve got a date today.”

 

“Huh? Didn’t I just tell you that my boyfriend bailed on me?” 

 

“I didn’t though,” Wendy pointed to herself, “Rest up, I’m taking you out on a date later.”

 

Then Wendy went out of her room and to God knows where. The thing about Irene’s best friend is she’s impulsive, she wants to do unplanned things and she’ll manage to pull it off even without a solid plan.

 

Whatever’s in Wendy’s mind will surely blow Irene’s.

 

//

 

The flower shops were as busy as a bee, men are coming in such a hurry, probably forgetting about the date today and thinking that buying flowers will tame their now angry and beasty girlfriends. She never saw the appeal of Valentine’s Day or maybe that’s just her single self talking.

 

“Here’s your change, thank you and come again!” said the cheerful flowerist, Joy. “I also hope you get the girl”

 

Get the girl? Irene’s my bestfriend?

 

Whatever, she just let it slide and said her thanks to the friendly flowerist.

 

Wendy’s supposed plan to stay in bed all day was thrown out of the window when she heard about Irene’s boyfriend ditching her last minute.

 

What an .

 

So here she is, preparing for a date she visualizes later this evening.

 

She pulled out a list of things she has to buy before setting up the “ultimate date night” for her best friend.

 

Buy Pink Daisies

Order Irene’s favorite dishes.

Buy a bunch of candles to make it romantic — (although you guys are platonic)

Buy a gift! She likes that expensive palette from that art store near her office.

Dress up well, Seungwan!

Plate the food beautifully

Use your expensive bottle of perfume, stop being a cheap

Give her the best date EVER!

Don’t this up!

 

A long long list just to cheer her best friend up.

 

Off she goes to Irene’s favorite restaurant in town, simply because they have this mouth watering tteokbokki and a crunchy samgyupsal. Even on a diet, Irene can’t resist the temptation that is Jo Book’s restaurant.

 

“Two orders of Tteokbokki and Samgyupsal please”

 

She orders, walks, and wait til she finishes the list of things she has to buy to pull this off. 

 

Wendy was about to return to her and Irene’s house when a shining jewelry caught her eye. The necklace that trended a few years ago, the I love you in 100 languages necklace.

 

I can give it to her right? I mean I love my bestfriend.

 

Because of her impulsiveness, she bought the necklace and a promise ring. She has no girlfriend to give this to anyway, might as well make her best friend happy.

 

Time check: 3:30 p.m

 

Wannie ❤️🌞

I’ll pick you up at 6pm. 

Wear the dress that you initially planned on wearing.

You look good in that.

 

Hyunnie 👩‍❤️‍👩

Use emojis, Wannie 😖

Your text sounds so boring

 

Wannie ❤️🌞

I’ll pick you up at 6pm. 👍

Have you rested❓

Hyunnie 👩‍❤️‍👩

When I said use emojis, not like that!

And yes I have 🥰

I’m in a good mood now, thanks to you 😙

 

Wendy can’t suppress the smile forming on her face. Knowing she made Irene’s day better is enough to push through with this legendary date night she has up her sleeve. 

 

Wannie ❤️🌞

Okay. That’s good to hear 👂

See you in a few hours. ⏰ 

Hyunnie 👩‍❤️‍👩

Still not using the emojis properly! 😤

 

Wendy kept her phone in her back pocket and strolled through the busy streets of Seoul, taking one last look at the shops she passes by in case something catches her eye and reminds her of her best friend. A bag, a new watch, a new boyfriend perhaps? 

 

//

 

“We are fully booked today but because of your generous offer, we found a way to put you in ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter