Truth

Meow!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She didn't know why, but she was running.

 

She didn't know who or what she was running from, but the adrenaline continued to rush into her blood.

 

"HEY GET BACK HERE!"

 

"ALERT! ALERT! A PATIENT HAS ESCAPED!" A loud voice coming from the group of guards echoed through the hallways, but she had to keep running, no clue of where she would end up to. 

 

Things might've been merciful to her when a janitor's closet caught her eye down the left hallway. She looked behind her, not seeing the horde of guards anywhere.

 

She sprinted to the janitor's closet, opening the door with such haste and she locked it. She looked around and she let out a relieved sigh as she slid down the door, hugging her knees closer to her chest. 

 

She heard loud and plenty footsteps from outside. She placed her ear closer to the door to hear if they were near. Once she heard the footsteps fade into oblivion and silence, she sighed once again. 

 

Tears started to fall on her cheek while she hugged her knees closer. She wanted to escape this place for so long. They hurt her way too much, treated her like some object, she wanted to be free.

 

Suddenly, her human body started to shrink, completely transforming into a body of a blonde kitten. She panicked, not knowing what to do now she's in this form.

 

The kitten needed to think of a way to escape this place. Lucky for her, a window caught her eye. The kitten saw a knob that allowed the window to open up. 

 

She took her chances. She jumped as high as she can, landing perfectly on the window's ledge. The kitten did all of her effort to outstretch her short limbs to push down the knob, unlocking the door and she used her paw to push it open. 

 

The blonde kitten jumped out of the window with no hesitations, landing perfectly on the ground. She sprinted away from the institution without looking back.

 

Mina's eyes snapped open. 

 

She got up, gasping. She was catching her breath while the thumping of her heart quickened every second that passed. The dream still felt surreal to her. She tightly clutched the blanket and she pulled it closer to her. She still doesn't know why she gets those kinds of dreams over and over. She felt all these emotions in her dreams, the fear, the adrenaline. It felt like it actually happened. 

 

Weird.

 

She looked around and noticed the empty side of the bed. She sighed, remembering that Momo had left for school today.

 

She then heard some footsteps coming from outside, and it was getting nearer to the room. Mina panicked, she quickly and quietly made her way to Momo's closet to hide. Fortunately for her, she fits. 

 

"Hana, Momo left some of her books again." Mina heard Momo's mom's voice from outside. She snickered and playfully rolled her eyes. She then heard Momo's older sister's faint groan from the other room.

 

"Again? Ugh, do I have to go to school just to bring it to her?" Mina jolted a bit once she hears the bedroom door creak open. She slightly, very carefully opened the closet door to take a peek. She saw Momo's mother looking around the room.

 

"Where could her books be?" Momo's mom asked herself. She then searched around for a bit and she saw some books under the bed from the right side. The mother disapprovingly shook her head. "Aish...this kid..." 

 

Momo's mom started to pick up the books and she organised them into a proper stack. The mother looked around for a bit, somewhat looking for something. "Where could her kitten be? Hana, did you see Momo's kitten anywhere?" 

 

Beads of sweat started to trickle on Mina's forehead.

 

 

"Nope. She must be a shy cat hiding in Momo's closet a lot." Momo's mother finally left the room, gently shutting the door. Mina let out a sigh while she continued to tremble. She slightly opened the closet for a bit, but she decided to stay while Momo's mother and sister were still here. There might be chances that they could barge in any time.

 

Mina finally sighed in relief once she heard a car leaving, she was finally alone. She came out of the closet. She noticed the note on Momo's nightstand, grinning once she read it.

 

I got you some leftover cereal and Burger King in the fridge.

 

Don't eat my Jokbal without my permission >:(

 

Mina chuckled. What would I do without Momo?

 

—————————

 

Jihyo's word's echoed in Momo's brain.

 

"H-how did you know a-about h-hybrids?" The student council president stepped back, she was completely cautious and in shock.

 

"Listen, listen" Momo turned to the door and she proceeds to lock it to avoid people from barging in their conversation. She took a deep breath before continuing. "I somewhat...adopted one by accident." Jihyo raised her eyebrow.

 

"Adopted one...? But...they're not...for sale..." Jihyo was shaking her head in disbelief. "We don't let any patients or hybrids escape the lab. Unless..." 

 

The shorter girl trailed off. She was in deep thought, pushing all of her effort to recall something about a hybrid escaping their lab. Suddenly, the bell started to ring, signaling the end of the period.

 

"We'll talk about this later. Come in class 6-3 a few minutes after dismissal. Surely, at that time, we'll be completely alone in the room and we could talk about that later, alright?" Momo nodded. 

 

"I'll see you later, alright?" Jihyo waved the other girl goodbye before she left the bathroom.

 

Ever since that conversation, Momo was itching to leave class.

 

They've only got 15 minutes before dismissal and she cannot wait for her questions to be answered. 

 

"Momo, stop jumping on your seat so much, it's distracting me." Nayeon told the very eager to leave girl while she was applying some lip tint all over her lips.

 

"Sorry, okay? It's because Park Jihyo's going to tell me about Mina." 

 

"What?! Really?! That's great!" Jeongyeon exclaimed in surprise. Nayeon stopped applying some tint and she rolled her eyes at Jeongyeon. Nayeon's bottom lip fully colored by the tint while her top lip is pale. She returned to applying the tint once again.

 

"That's great and all but I'm not joining you guys. Especially when you come face to face with...Park Jihyo." Nayeon spoke the girl's name with such venom and hatred in her voice.

 

"Whatever, Nabongs. Don't worry Momo, I'll join you, unlike some people who seems to have some vendetta over someone." Jeongyeon gritted her teeth. The oldest girl glared at her with such venom in her eyes.

 

"You don't know anything, Yoo."

 

"Okay, everyone! Class dismissed!" The trio were surprised after hearing the teacher's voice. Everyone immediately packed up their things and they started to exit the room. The trio remained stunned and confused.

 

"What? Why are they dismissing us so early?" Jeongyeon asked while they watched their classmates swarm the exit.

 

"The student council wanted to dismiss us early, I heard that there will be a meeting." Sooyoung, one of their classmates replied to her question while she packed up her things. The trio shared a look with each other.

 

"What about Jihyo? Would you two still talk?" Jeongyeon asked Momo who turned around to the opened exit, seeing a crowd of people walking through the hallways.

 

"Well, goodluck with your conversation, guys." Nayeon was already packing her things. She wore her backpack, ready to go home. "I'll be leaving. Tell me all about the updates, alright?"

 

"You're seriously not joining our meeting?" Jeongyeon asked the oldest girl who stood up from her seat. 

 

"Nope. My mom will be taking me home today. Adios!" Nayeon waved them goodbye and left the room in haste. Jeongyeon sighed and she shook her head.

 

"Let's go to her room, maybe she's still there."  The two girls packed their things up and they left their room. They looked around the now emptied hallways and they reached room 6-3. Momo opened the door and she stepped in first.

 

"Hello?" Momo spoke while they slowly entered. "Oh! You're here!" They saw Jihyo, who was sorting and organizing some papers on the teacher's desk. "You guys sit down, I'm just fixing these." Jeongyeon and Momo nodded as they sat on the two front chairs.

 

"I asked the teachers to dismiss everyone a bit early just so we could have this meeting. I gave them an excuse that there's a student council meeting so they would believe me." Jihyo placed down the last pile of papers. She looked up and noticed Jeongyeon's appearance.

 

"Oh, I didn't know you have a friend coming along, Momo." Jeongyeon stood up and she stretched out her hand. "Yoo Jeongyeon. We haven't been classmates yet, so I guess we don't know each other much." Jihyo took the hand and she shook it.

 

"Actually, I've seen you a lot in school but I didn't know your name. You look familiar to me honestly." They pulled their hands away. Jeongyeon scratched her nape, her cheeks turning light and barely visible pink. "Oh, really?" The student council hummed in agreement.

 

The tallest girl sat back down on her seat. "So, its just the two of you who are curious about hybrids and stuff?" 

 

"Actually, we have another friend who knows about it but she left early because-"

 

"Uh...guys..." The three girls were surprised when someone suddenly entered the room.

 

"Nayeon? What are you doing here?" Jeongyeon asked the girl who started to scratch her head in embarrassment. 

 

"Look, my mom texted me and she told me that...she can't drive me home because of a meeting. So...I'm not allowed to go home...without you, Jeong." Nayeon said in embarrassment with her cheeks tinted pink.

 

"Well, just join our meeting, Nabongs. We might take a while and I don't want you to wait so..." Jeongyeon patted the seat next to her. Nayeon had no choice but to seat next to the taller girl. She placed her things next to Jeongyeon's.

 

"Nice to see you joining our meeting, Im Nayeon." Jihyo greeted the oldest girl with a mocking grin. The latter glared at her.

 

"Yeah, nice seeing you too, snitch." The bunny toothed girl spat with such hatred in her voice.

 

"Listen, if you didn't try to poison Ms. Lee's water jug last year we wouldn't be having this vendetta on each other." Jihyo stated a matter of factly with her hands on her hips. Jeongyeon and Momo turned to look at Nayeon, who only huffed, crossing her arms.

 

"Well, how wouldn't you? She failed me in English just because I forgot to put periods on a few sentences in my essays, mocked me for my bunny teeth and she sent me to detention just because I told her that the Earth isn't flat, it's a sphere!" Nayeon exclaimed angrily.

 

"Wait, Ms. Lee is a flat-earther?" Jeongyeon whispered.

 

"You're lucky you never got her as your English teacher." Nayeon answered back.

 

"Well, I'd rather prevent a catastrophic event where a teacher dies from poisoning. I hate her too, but I won't go that far, okay, Im? Whatever sanctions that were given to you last year are already over, alright?" Jihyo gave Nayeon a mocking grin, the oldest only rolled her eyes in annoyance.

 

"Arasseo! Now let's talk about hybrids. Momo, how did you manage to adopt a hybrid by accident?" Jihyo inquired the Japanese girl.

 

"There was a kiosk giving free cats away. That's where I got her." Momo answered.

 

"Was she in her animal form at that time." Momo nodded. "She was a small kitty. And when the next day, when we woke up, she was already in her human form with some...cat characteristics." The older trio shared a look, remembering when Nayeon and Jeongyeon first saw the hybrid in Momo's house.

 

"Like?" Jihyo urged the older to continue.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter