Parting Ways

Parting Ways

"So this is how we'll part ways, huh." Seulgi's voice came out muffled but the latter clearly heard it. They are avoiding each other's glances but Wendy is well aware that Seulgi is trembling.

 


"You do know that I'm nothing without you, right? No matter how great the vocalist is, its voice still needs an accompaniment that can set the mood. The guitarist can't stand alone as well. Without the vocalist, the story that lies on the heartfelt lyrics will remain untold." Wendy's hand found its way to her partner's back, with the intention to instill solace on her bruised soul.

 


Both Wendy and Seulgi stared at the entirety of their studio. The place used to be lively, partly dim on the audience's side while there's a spotlight on the stage, giving acknowledgement to the singer and guitarist but it's nothing but a quiet and empty room now. 

 


"It's not about our profession anymore, it's about us. Maybe you want us to seperate because I'm worthless." Wendy shifted her position and stares at the older.

 


"It's because of your way of thinking. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes. You're much more than what you claimed yourself to be. Do you know how warm your hugs are that it can relieve my sadness? Do you know how precious your smile is whenever you talk to your parents thru your phone? Have you seen your progress thru the years of endless practice even tho I always think that your talent is already on its peak? Do you think I'm not aware that you cry whenever you see me smoke? It will take me a lifetime to pinpoint what's there to love in you but that wouldn't suffice. Because you have to recognize the reasons why you're worth it by yourself." Seulgi finally had the guts to stare back at Wendy's eyes, her tears are on the verge of falling, mouth agape. 

 

 

"We're parting ways because I want you to give time for yourself. Stop worrying about others and focus on your well being. Pursue your desires. I know you're affiliated to drawing but you can't invest time on it because you always put me first, our career rather. I'll be rooting on you from afar. So please, do yourself a favor and spread your wings. I know you're supposed to fly higher than what I can imagine." Wendy's face lit up as she sees a hint of eagerness and hope in her partner's eyes.

 


"How about you? I know how much you love singing, no one's going to play for you at this rate." Seulgi exclaimed, her voice is laced with worry. Wendy only shrugged and gave the latter a hug of assurance.

 

"We can always go back to this place and own it again. But I believe there's a perfect timing for that. There's a perfect timing for us to resume our love story too. By then, I'd like to know that you already instilled self love."

 

Seulgi and Wendy closed the door of their studio quietly and went seperate ways without turning back.


Goodbye, for now.