CN (2)

Cinema Nostalgia.

2. MELODIES

“Can you try playing this one?” It was a music score collection from their library, Wonyoung wanted to hear Yujin playing those on the grand piano. Yujin gladly started playing the piano and the eight sisters started to listen. They found it weird that Wonyoung was too close to Their servant.

In the middle of the piece, Yujin suddenly stopped playing, She pulled out her phone and immediately went out of the lounge.  She went to the garden, in the deepest part of the maze that he built there by the Madame and the Doctor’s orders. Yujin answered the call which was from the police, she almost forgot that she had to report today. Without even going back to the mansion, she went out to the city.

“Wonyoung, why are you so close with Ms. An? Are you—” Chaewon asked, with her arms crossed. However, there was a different expression on Wonyoung’s face. She seemed more like those they usually finish on their missions. 

Wonyoung shook her head, “I found it nice that Ms. An can play the piano, none of us can play an instrument. This piano just ended up being a display in this mansion.” She let out a chuckle, “Besides. There’s no way that someone like us would fall in love. We are androids, we aren’t capable of having that feeling.” She added.

“If you say so…” Chaewon nods her head as she leans back on the couch. 

“Since Ms. Yujin has always been working hard for us, why don’t we pay her back?” Yena clasps her hands, “I think she’ll appreciate it because we always cause her trouble.” Sakura added.

“I remember pranking her with one of my toys—”

“You pranked her!? How!?” Wonyoung exclaimed, the sisters found it unusual that Wonyoung wouldn’t chime in on their laughs, but they quickly shrugged it off.

“Well, I… I threw one of my toys towards her, you know? The bomb-looking ones. Then she got all frantic and threw it away towards the forest as if it was a bomb! I loved the look on her face—”

“Yuri, it’s not good to play pranks on our attendants.” Wonyoung sighed and shook her head, “Mother has called for me, I’ll come back as soon as possible. Do what you all can to surprise her when she comes back. Be sure to apologize to all the troubles you caused her too.” All the sisters aside from their leader responded with a “Yes.” And a nod.

+++

“Yujin, you haven’t forgotten about your mission, right?” 

"Yes, I may have gained the sisters' trust but as for Madame Kwon and Dr. Kim, they are still monitoring every move I make—through Wonyoung, I think." Both of her eyes were closed as the artificial ones were taken out to extract the data she collected for the past two months. 

“I see. We have copied everything; the doctor would be here in a bit to place your eyes back.” The young woman in an all-black special forces uniform turned her back and walked towards the doorway, “Continue doing your job inside the Mansion.” She said before leaving the area.

+++

It was already dark when Yujin arrived back in the mansion, the lights were closed as soon as she stepped inside. Did something happen while I was gone? She was able to find the light switch and gave it a press and the moment that the lights opened, there was an explosion in the foyer, a dozen knives mixed with bullets were on their way towards her. Holy , what the hell is this?! She immediately dodged the attacks but there was another coming towards her—it was Hitomi with her knives, and Yena with her katana. 

“M-Milady—What did I do!?” She was about to get hit by Yena’s slash, but she was able to defend herself with the sword from the knight display beside the entrance. 

“Ei!” A bomb was coming towards her, I can’t let that explode inside the mansion! She kicked the door open and grabbed the bomb before it landed on the ground, she felt the heat from it and in a split second, she threw the bomb towards the forest. It didn’t explode. It must’ve been one of her toys again.

Hi, Ms. Yujin!” It was Chaewon, pointing her gun towards her. But before she could even pull the trigger…

Wonyoung's voice echoed in the foyer, she was mad, she was fuming in anger. Her fists were clenched, she pulled the gold pistol from behind her and shot the space in between Chaewon's legs, making the other seven stop in what they were doing too.

“I said, you must apologize. Not… Not annoy her like this!” 

Yujin sighed, she looked at the whole mess in the foyer. “I’m fine,” Are they supposed to surprise me? “I was surprised, and was kinda… moved… Thank you, young ladies." She smiled at them.

“See? I know this would work!” Yuri laughed with her hands on her waist. 

“Keep your mouth shut or I’ll shoot you.” Wonyoung threw her a glare.

She put the girls to sleep soon after she cleaned up. 

+++

Later that night, Yujin sat on the tables in their garden as she sipped a cup of warm Darjeeling tea. She was about to remove one of her eyes to observe something weird that she noticed with the girls, but someone sat in front of her. It was Wonyoung.

"Ms. Yujin, I apologize for what happened earlier. My siblings didn't mean to—"

“I’m not mad.” There was a smile on her face, “I appreciate the surprise, don’t worry.” She leaned forward to pat her head. Their eyes unexpectedly met, she's gorgeous up close. She felt her face turning red the moment Wonyoung answered her with a smile.

“I might’ve fallen for you milady.” She whispered.

“Come again?” Wonyoung raised a brow.

“Ah, no. Nothing.” She shook her head, “It’s getting late Milady, I’ll you to your room.”