Chapter 5

All Eyes On Me Now | ATEEZ Hongjoong

Hongjoong and Seonghwa decided to talk outside the building. 

"So.. About the residents here, what do you know about them?"

"Ah they've been here before me, I just caught up on something after awhile."

"It's always quiet around the place, that Mingi guy must have disturb the peace here." Seonghwa continued.

"I mean.. Don't you find the others weird? I don't want to judge them or anything, but they must have some problem?" Hongjoong said while gesturing his index finger on his head.

"Oh! I didn't know you would assume them as that.. but that's really understandable. The man with the dimples, he's San, he liked to murmur things but I don't really care. The tall man with big eyes and fair skin, he's Yunho, a game addict that mostly only leave his room for the toilet."

"So you're telling me to be cautious with them.. But for what? Did they ever did something that terrible?"

"Ahaha.. I'm just saying whatever back then.. but I guess you know better Hongjoong-ssi. And you don't seemed to be into people's business anyway, so just mind your own." he replied with his friendly smile.

"Uh yeah you're right.. Then thanks for telling me about them." Hongjoong about to turn back into the building but Seonghwa stopped him.

"Hongjoong-ssi, what do you for work?"

"Me.. I'm gonna be a producer, music producer at KQ, do you know?"

"KQ? Oh I've heard about it somewhere."

"Really? Is the company that popular?"

"I'm not sure but they've been grabbing the public's attention for the music they made for various artists I think."

"Woah so pleased to know about it." Hongjoong smiled, the first sincere smile he made ever since stepping his feet in the city.

Seonghwa just chuckled and wish Hongjoong a good luck but then their conversation continues.


 

"Hongjoong-ah, why did you just call me today?"

"Sorry hyung, I got really tired yesterday.."

"Well welcome to Seoul, are you ready for tomorrow?"

"I'm always ready, I can't wait to show you what I've worked on for a while now!"

"Okay keep that spirit. I'll see you tomorrow at 10."

Hongjoong hung up the call with Eden. He got more confident after talking with Seonghwa. He didn't expect that he will work in a well-known company for his first experience, thanks to his connection with Eden back in high school. It's time to prove his worth in his zone, there's no turning back, he will succeed, he can feel it already.

It's just the connection between him and music that keeps him sane. After a long exhausting day he spent on the field, he felt comfort once he opens his laptop to work on some music. Not only melody, he also made lyrics; he got inspired easily and he pour it beautifully into phrases for a song. He's a perfectionist, that's why he may have been sensitive sometimes. As long as he has set his goal, he will work crazy hard to achieve it. He just hoped that everything will went well, he may have had a high expectation for this although it's still risky for him, but if it's for his passion, he swears he can do it forever without regret.
 

--later that day: 7 pm--
 

Hongjoong has just looked around the area for the day. He took the route that he'll take tomorrow to meet Eden at the company. The company building isn't that fancy but who cares as long as he can work and produce good music there. Actually Eden has asked him to come over at the bar around the area but suddenly he has some matter to attend to so Hongjoong got back to his place.

He's looking on his phone when he heard a sound from the dark alley he passed. He stopped and thought if he should check it or not. But as he didn't have anything to do anyway, he walks closer to the alley. The sound got clearer, it's a man he's sure but he sounds weird, it sounds like excitement. 

"Hehe~ It's time to say goodbye~ Will I miss you? Um well maybe... No!" Hongjoong is seeing a silhouette, the man is wearing a purple and yellow army print hoodie. The alley is empty but it seems that the man is talking to someone. Hongjoong started to feel uneasy, he should leave. 

Clang. He knocked a tin can which also shocked him but then he rushed to the street unknown that the man is coming out of the alley with a smirk on his face.


 

Hongjoong is heading to his room from the bathroom but he meet San like usual walking with his head down, but his hoodie just give chills down his spine. /Huh what was he doing on the alley back then?/  Hongjoong looked at him still contemplating if he should ask or keep silent. He's about to open his mouth but shut it tight when he recalled what Seonghwa has said. /"Be sure to be more cautious around the guys here, they're rather fretful sometimes."/

San is getting near and he bumped into Hongjoong's arm as he keep his eyes on the floor. San look up and take off his hood to see Hongjoong's agitated face. "Oh sorry," he said short and continue to the bathroom direction while Hongjoong still stand there. "Ah I recommend you to not peek like that ever, again." he added before disappearing into the bathroom. Gosh Hongjoong just know that the guy is weird but didn't know he can give off such hideous vibe.

Hongjoong opened his door when Mingi come out from his room as well. Still in fear, he slammed his door shut but Mingi is back at being an again and shouted at him. "Yah no throwing tantrums in this ty place man!"

"What's with the noise for again huh!?" Now it's Wooyoung blaring voice that could be heard around the floor.

"Wooyoung-ah, calm down. I have promised you okay?" Seonghwa chimed in, maybe he's just got here.

"He's right, you're the one who should calm down mr. Jung." Mingi said before he head for the exit. It's quiet now but Hongjoong is still in fear, San knew that he's peeking back there, what would he do to him now? He then shake his head to let off his uneasiness. /No he won't do anything to me right? Right he just give a warning, just forget it now./