Chapter 1

Skate Thru the Heart

AUTHOR POV

Today is Saturday.. and usually people are hanging out, or just rest in their house after been caught up with all busy things during weekdays.

Oh.. maybe everyone except Momo.

Currently she’s on her way to her school and she nearly arrived. Nope it’s not because she has an extra study or she’s about to do some assignment. The reason why she went to school in Saturday morning, is because she want to have an extra solo training in school’s ice rink.

Momo is 2nd year student of Seoul Women High (SWH) and she also an ice hockey player for the school’s team. She plays as the team’s right winger. Actually.. she’s not just the team’s right winger, but she’s also their ace. All her teammates acknowledge her skill since the first day she came to the club. Her speed, her skill, her offense and defense, her pivot.. everything about her screams talent and all her teammates either same year, freshmen or senior, they respect and acknowledge Momo’s skill.

Among her teammates, she not just known as talented player. But she’s also known as the hard worker or some would say, practice junkie. She always be the one who ask permission to have solo practice in the school field, always the first one arrived at the practice, and she is the only one in the team who would grin widely when the practice routine turned hard. and that’s why Momo is going to school now in an early morning of Saturday, about to do her solo practice to sharp her skill more.

She wasn’t going to be there alone though.. the team manager, sana, she also there because she’s the one who have the storage room key where all the equipment being stored and she’d assist Momo by tracking her speed, or other things that Momo needs. Of course Momo has to “bribe” her with free food in order for sana to agree and come along..

.

.

In short moment, she finally arrived at the ice hall. Like what she expected, the school was empty and she could only see security guard and the hall caretaker. The ice hall caretaker knew Momo since she often came for extra practice so they had a short conversation first before Momo proceed went inside the ice hall.

The caretaker said that Sana already inside, together with another girl from figure skater team. When she heard that a figure skating club member was here, she protested a bit to the caretaker, saying that she already booked the rink first yesterday. But the caretaker said that the girl didn’t know that they have to reserve the hall first before using it during weekend so since sana was already arrived and Momo was late, the caretaker let the figure skater girl enter the hall to do anything she want to do.

And with that, Momo quickly went inside the hall, trying to take back her rights to use the rink and threw complains to that figure skating club member. She’s not gonna scold the figure skater girl or something.. she just want to give a reminder to the girl about the booking procedure. She had got this kind of problem too last year.. but in that case, Momo was the one who’s at fault. So the fact that a figure skating member who scolded her last year actually did something similar thing like what Momo did, kinda annoyed her a bit. Just a bit.

The moment she entered the hall, she could hear a vague sound of classical music and sometimes a sound of scratched ice caused by the skate blades. Since Momo could hear Sana’s excited voice, she’s sure now that the figure skating girl already using the rink.

Slowly, Momo walked towards the main section of the hall. The closer she got, the more vivid those classical music and scratching sounds got. And once she finally out from the entrance hallway, came into the main section of the hall from where players usually lined up before entering the rink, she immediately greeted by a scene of a girl gliding on the ice. And at that moment, Momo froze and completely forgot that she was about to throw some complains..

Her eyes locked to the rink. Completely engrossed to the girl who’s flying on the ice. Yes. Momo saw it like that. The girl looked so effortlessly beautiful glides around the ice. She changed her direction so freely like once she was skating forward, then suddenly she’s facing backwards, then she glides side ways and she did that so fluidly. It also amazed her how the girl built up her pace, in a speed that Momo never knew that figure skating could be that fast, and later the girl took a jumped, spun twice mid air and glides away when she landed.

The girl didn’t stop there to awe Momo with her performance. after that acrobatic moves, the girl again built up some pace and then she glides around the ice with one leg on the ice, body slightly leaned forward, the other leg stretched back up, and with her arms widely stretched she  glides along the rink in the form of airplane.

Don’t know whether it because of the girl’s movement or the music, but the girl looked like a fairy flying around the ice.. Like a little fairy, flying around the spring breeze hopping from one flower petal to another. Her moves somehow showed calmness but also playful and freedom.

Momo never knew that skating could deliver such emotion. Since she was a kid, skating was always connected to ice hockey. Her fast skating skill was built to chase puck or escape from opponent, not to be used for something like what the figure skater girl just did.. then the versatility to control her skate direction, is always used for changing direction to protect the puck out of the opponents’ reach.. not to be used for such soft and fluid move like what the girl been doing.. jumping on the ice? Spin mid-air? Never ever Momo think that skate could be implemented that way.. All she knew about skating, is skill that she needs to master to help her reach the goal, chase the opponent, run from the opponent.. not skill that allowed her to dance on the ice like that.

No.. Momo not hating it.. she’s actually amazed by it.

Without Momo realized, she’s walking towards the rink wall—a waist high wall that separating rink and bleachers, to watch the girl’s performance from upclose. The closer she gets, the more amazed she got. The way the girl fluidly skate around the rink, synchronized with the music.. it just.. beautiful..

The ice rink that Momo always see as playground yet also a battlefield.. could actually become like this.. Magical.

And the moment the music stopped and the girl gave a pose, two source of clapping sound appeared. One from Sana—who sat on the bleachers, and one from Momo. Of course the skater girl noticed the extra sound and she quite surprised when she saw Momo who clapped with agape and looking at her with a daze.. which it happened because Momo was soo awestruck with what she just saw, even just for a short moment.

The skate girl bowed towards Momo because of her applause. This waken Momo from her daze of course and since she quite flustered for being caught by the skater, she also awkwardly bowed to her.

After seeing Momo bowed back, the skater went closer to the wall, like she wanted to talk something to Momo.  

 

“Momo-ssi I’m sorry” said the girl on her way towards the side

“I used the rink even though you already booked it. I don’t know that yo—“

“Eeeh???!”

 

that’s… Momo. she spilled out that kind of shocked expression right after she could finally see the skater clearly. With that, the girl stopped in her place, not even reached the wall yet—startled with Momo’s sudden expression.

 

“M-Mina??” said Momo “Y-you’re.. Myoui Mina?!”

With confusion the said girl gave her a nod. “y-yes..?”

“You are really Myoui Mina?!”

“Yes Momorin..”

 

Oh that’s not Mina.. that’s Sana the one who said that. Hearing sana’s voice from her right side, made  Momo snapped herself quick towards that direction, which is towards the bleachers where sana been sitting on these whole times.

 

“She’s Myoui Mina. Our classmates. Why you act so shocked like that?” asked sana

“I uh.. I didn’t know that she skates..” said Momo

“of course you don’t know. all you think is about hockey. Nothing more.” said Sana

“what? no I didn’t ju—“

“Anyway.” Cut Sana, “You need to zip it and stop bothering Mina. come sit here and let her use the rink first.”

“Uh about that.. I’m gonna end my practice.. it’s okay.. You guys can use it. it’s my fault for not checking the rink availability status.” Said Mina

“What? no! Mina, you only practice for like 5 minutes. It’s not enough! You can continue again.” said Sana

“But.. it’s your schedule now..I don’t want to interrupt your practice.” said Mina

“Ei.. no need to worry about that. Momo doesn’t mind at all.. right?”

“Ne?” Momo was caught off guard when Sana said that.

“It’s fine right? you can wait for another 30 minutes or so?”

 

Momo’s eyes darted from sana to Mina. Well.. the original plan was, she supposed to ask the figure skating club member—which is Mina, to stop her practice because it’s not her schedule. But don’t know what happened, when Momo saw the way Mina looked at her…. those plan was thrown at the bush. Long forgotten.

 

 “y-yea.. Sure! I don’t mind actually. you can continue your practice again.”

“really? i’m not interrupting anything?”

“no no! don’t mind about it.. use it as long as you needed.” Said Momo with a smile.

“y-you.. sure?” and Mina got a nod from Momo

“Thank you.. I uh.. I’ll just go back to practice then.. the faster I finish my practice, the faster you can use it.”

“Yeah. that’s great. good luck.” Momo’s tone is… awkward? But since she’s said it with a smile, made Mina didn’t catch that weird nervous kinda like tone Momo had.

 

After that, Mina drifted herself back towards the center of the rink to continue her practice. Momo could just walked away towards the bleachers and wait.. she didn’t have to say anything more to Mina. But.. seeing Mina’s back slowly drifted away towards the center, don’t know why Momo suddenly has an urge to say something to her.

 

“It’s beautiful!”

 

Mina stopped her way towards the center due to Momo’s words. Meanwhile Momo was froze on her spot, surprised at what she just said.

 

Mina then turned around, trying to make sure that she didn’t misheard what Momo just said to her and asked, “Yes?”

 

Momo’s head went blank and she couldn’t say anything. it’s soo weird she never really feel like this. this feeling is way tenser than what she felt before her first match..

 

“Uh.. Momo-ssi?” called Mina

“you..” said Momo in a really tiny mumbling voice

 “I’m sorry?” asked Mina as she couldn’t catch what Momo was saying.

 

but she didn’t want to make fool of herself in front of Mina. So she nervously tried to get out from that situation. But the only thing she could think about, is something lame that she hoped Mina would buy it

 

“Y-your shoes!” Said Momo loudly “Yea! Your shoes.. Your shoes look beautiful.”

 

Mina looked to her skate shoes—a plain white skate shoes. No ornaments, no pattern.. just plain white skate shoes.. Weird enough if Momo find that shoes beautiful… but Mina is a kind girl.. she never want to hurt anyone’s feelings so even though Momo made her confused, she just smiled and said

“Thank you..”

 

Momo was glad that Mina bought her lame excuse but still, she has the feeling to punch her inner self for saying something like that. soooo embarrassed with what she just did. Meanwhile on the distance, Sana who witnessed everything tried so hard to hold her laugh.

 

“W-well.. Y-you should continue your practice, Mina-ssi.. I uh.. imma wait on the bleachers with sana..” said Momo

“Okay.. once again, thank you Momo-ssi for letting me use the rink..”

“Don’t mention it..”

 

After that, they exchanged a short polite bow to each other and Mina then continue skating around the rink, this time without music. While Momo, she walked towards sana with head hung low.. Embarrassed at herself and also she wanted to cover herself from sana’s teasing glance that definitely will greeted her once she arrived beside sana.

 

“Really, Momo?” asked sana with a teasing tone as Momo walked towards her.

“Shut up..” said Momo sternly while taking a seat few inch beside sana.

“’Your shoes look beautiful???” Repeated sana. Just hearing her tone, Momo knew that her best friend trying soo hard to hold her laugh

“I know she’s THAT pretty and made you nerv—“

“Wow wow! hold on right there!” Momo lifted her head up right away to cut Sana’s statement and then she added, “I act as awkward and as embarrassing like that not because she’s pretty or anything related to her appearance..”

“So… She is not pretty?”

“I-it’s not like that.. jus—hhh.. okay yes she’s pretty.” and later she quickly tried to justify her funny antic earlier so sana won’t think anything beyond what it actually happened. “But! I was rather amazed by her performance. nothing more than that...”

“oh really….?” again, sana asked her with such teasing tone and Momo just gave her a nod.

“Not just her shoes?”

“Oh come on!” protested Momo and that made sana laughed louder than she should.

 

The piercing or more like squeaking loud sound that came from sana’s laugh, a laugh the nearly similar like the sound that came from cleaning a window, is loud and annoying. Not to mention that Sana once or twice hit Momo’s arm. It annoyed Momo of course. but she could only stare at her with a really unamused face, completely done with her best friend and helplessly let her body slightly pushed a bit by sana’s smacks.

 

“Haha. Yea very funny. laugh all you want.”

 

It needs few seconds for Sana to finally stop laughing and normalized her breathing again after laughing her lungs out at Momo’s embarrassing moment.

 

“Done now?” asked Momo, cynically and Sana nod.

“Just be honest with me. you were about to compliment her earlier, right?” Momo meekly nodded at it

“Then why you chicken out like that??”

“I.. don’t know..”

“Admit it. You had a tiny bit feelings for her that’s why you got nervous.”

“What?? no. of course not. I told you I only attracted to the way she moves. Nothing more than that.”

“Sure Momo.. sure..”

 

Well this whole time, Sana been witnessing everything. Since the moment Momo came into the main section of the hall, saw her getting engrossed in Mina’s performance, seeing Momo got surprised after knowing its Mina, until the embarrassing lame thing Momo just did earlier. she saw everything.

And actually, things that Momo did was quite relatable for sana. She too was awestruck and engrossed in Mina’s performance. and she herself also surprised when she saw Mina standing outside the ice hall when sana just arrived. She never knew or even thought that the infamous Myoui Mina, one of the school brain, actually part of the figure skating club. But.. she didn’t act as embarrassing as Momo. and well, although it’s such a shame that Momo had to get nervous like that, Sana still find it amusing how her best friend act.

Another thing that sana got amused from Momo.. She knew Momo had a bad experience with figure skating club member once, sana was there too.. At first she thought that Momo would stop Mina from practicing and ask her to go out.. but in reality… no. she let her use it.. the practice junkie hirai Momo allowed someone to interrupt her practice.. that’s new.

Also, Sana never see her best friend act as awkward as that. yes Momo could be a shy person sometimes, especially with someone new.. but to act as awkward slash nervous slash panic slash embarrassing as that.. that’s new too.. and sana see this rare behavior as chance to . 

 

“What’s with that tone?” asked Momo

“nothin~”

“Don’t you dare think anything weird, Minatozaki.” Although Momo said that warning to her, Sana just grinned widely, ignoring the fact that her best friend warned her strongly.

“Yea yea whatever. Now zip it and let’s watch our beautiful skater there.”

“I hate you.”

“No you’re not~”

 

After hearing that, sana received a sharp glare from Momo. which the former lightly shrugged it off. Those glare are soft threat for her anyway.

.

.

Hours had passed after that. Momo currently not in school anymore, but now she’s about to eat in a restaurant nearby. It was supposed to be a usual brunch, no pressure what so ever.

But not today.. not right now..

Momo wasn’t eating alone.. she’s with Mina right now. and how they could  end up eating together? Of course blame it on sana.

The moment Mina finished her practice, Sana asked Mina to stay for awhile and later grab something to eat together with her and Momo. Indeed Momo and Sana had a plan to eat together since Momo promised a free meal in order to make sana willing to accompany her today.. Mina agreed with it because she also thought sana will come along..

When Momo finished her practice, and she finished cleaned herself from sweat and such.. those three walked towards the nearest restaurant since Momo wanted to eat something heavy. It was a really fun walked with light conversation that Sana initiated.. until suddenly sana got a call from her mom..

Apparently her mom asked her to accompany her to go somewhere and Sana couldn’t say no to her. although Momo pleaded with her eyes, Sana still bid goodbye and left Momo and Mina alone on the pavement.

It was awkward for both of them.. standing there, while watching sana ran towards the nearby bus stop to ride some. But since Momo felt hungry, with all her might, she asked Mina whether she still wants to come with her or not. and thank god the girl nod at it.

So here they are.. waiting for their food to come in silence.

 

Both aren’t actually a sociable person or more like they don’t know how to start a conversation. Its not that they completely didn’t know each other.. In matter of fact, Momo knows Mina longer than sana knows Mina..

Mina was also her classmate last year and somehow this year, they met again in the same class. But even during their first year, they didn’t really interact that much. Just a few bow and greetings and once or twice they got into the same assignment group. Yet again.. they didn’t interact much even this year too..

On the other side, Mina is sana’s chair mate now, and sometimes sana spent her time more with Mina rather than with Momo who always hang out with her teammates. They interact a lot.. although this term hasn’t started that long, but Sana had been sleeping over at Mina’s house once. So yea they’re close.. And for Momo case, she met sana in a quite event full scene. It was their first day of school and both was nearly late for their first day.. and to make it more event full, both were lost. So that’s small adventures made them decided to have a lunch together, and although they’re in the different class they still met. Plus they met in ice hockey to so since then.. they were inseparable.

 So, seeing all this connection between the three.. basically Mina and Momo could connect only if sana was there, become the bridge for them or even the one who started the conversation and such. But since she’s not here now.. both of them struggle to find anything to talk to..

The pressure was tenser for Momo since she’s the one who asked Mina to come along and well.. Sana just left her a message to make sure she talks something with Mina. But thank god the food came and that made Momo could say something after seeing what Mina ordered.

 

“Mina-ssi.” Mina stopped wiping her spoon to look at Momo

“You.. just order that?” asked Momo after she only saw a bowl of seaweed soup in front of Mina.

  “Yes..?”

“You can order anything else if you want. It’s on me remember?”

“Oh.. it’s fine.. I’m good with this.”

“Just seaweed soup? You’re full with that?”

“I’m actually.. on diet, Momo-ssi..”

 

And somehow, after hearing the word diet, it blow all shyness on Momo and she could ask and talk to Mina freely after that

 

“Diet?? Why?? why you have to make your body suffer like that..” said Momo

“Well.. I’m not exactly on diet. But I have to maintain my weight since I’m a figure skater..”

“oh.. that’s.. painful too hear..” Said Momo with an evident sadness on her face

But Mina gave her a smile and said, “I have to.. There’s an upcoming audition in club or you can say it a team selection to choose who can participate in few competitions and represent our school”

“Aaah. I see....”

“But I usually don’t diet or limiting my food.”

“Healthy food only?”

“Mmm.. not really. sometimes I eat fast food too but I think cake is my guilty pleasure..”

“Oh.. you seems a sweet-toothed person?”

“Yes. I prefer sweet rather than savory.. what about you, Momo-ssi?”

“I can’t really choose between them.. I just love both.”

“That’s not bad either.”

 

After that.. they don’t really speak that much. Just focus to finish their food. Mina finished her food first since it was more easy to eat than Momo’s.. she didn’t have to chew that much and the soup makes things lighter.. not like Momo’s food.

Since Mina finished way faster than Momo, she didn’t know what else to do or what kind of conversation she had to bring up.. She thought maybe she could just wait Momo to finish her food by playing with her phone. But then that’s a little bit rude.. so she decided to stick to her plan, looking for some topic.

In the middle of that, Mina was rather caught up by the way Momo eat. Her portion is quite a lot. If she could judge someone by their appearance, she wouldn’t know that all those foods can be stored in that firm body.. She somehow had a hunch that Momo is the type who doesn’t gain weight easily.. meanwhile she herself need to control her food or else the number will rise..

But what caught Mina’s attention, is the way Momo eats. No, it’s not about her mannerism or something. but more like how Momo enjoy every bite of her food. It’s a quite new sight for Mina to see the way Momo would threw an adorable sound and act so bouncy whenever she found the food fit to her taste.

Momo would slightly shake her rolled knuckles and hummed a really cute ‘hmm’ and few times she also wiggled a bit while munching the food. With all those small gesture, Mina could see how much Momo satisfied with the food and without she even realized.. she smiled upon it

On the other side, Momo was at first locked her focus only to her food. She’s always like that actually.. rarely talk when she eats.. But she kinda feel Mina staring at her and from her peripheral view, she can see Mina finished her food already. So, with the thoughts of not wanting Mina to feel ignored, Momo wanted to at least ask about the food.

But soon after she lifted up her head and happened to have a glance on what’s in front of her, she chocked.

 

*Cough* *cough*

 

“Oh god! what’s wrong Momo-ssi? Are you okay?”

 

Mina was in panic and rush to Momo’s side, ready to help her incase anything bad happened.. But Momo gave her a thumbs up, tried to assure her that she got it under control. But that gesture didn’t make Mina went back to her chair. Instead she just stayed beside Momo and helped caressing her back.

 

“Here.. drink some water to make you feel better..” said Mina as she gave Momo a warm water, hope that could ease Momo’s throat.

 

Momo accepted the water that Mina gave and slowly gulped it. it surely made fresher but she still struggle with her breathing. Not to mention her unusual thumping heart that been beating frantically since.. probably it happened because of the sudden hard chough Momo did so her heartbeat went faster. But whatever the reason is.. Momo tried her best to control them.. with a little help from Mina who gently caressed Momo’s back.

 

“There.. There.. breath slowly..” Mina’s gentle gesture help Momo control her breathing again. but maybe.. it didn’t really work for her heartbeat..

“Much better?” asked Mina. although it’s not hundred percent true, but Momo nod at it

 “Were the spices too hard or..?”

“uh.. guess uh.. yeah..” Mina looked at Momo with such a concern and worried look.. she still seems has difficulty to talk..

 

 That worried look caught Momo attention so she cleared first before re-state it, “Ekhm. I mean. Yes.. the spice.. whew. They have a strong spice here! you’re lucky Mina-ssi you only order a clean soup.”

“Drink more water if its feel like it water can help dimmed down the strong spice. And also you should eat slower, Momo-ssi. Maybe that’s also the reason why the spice could make you choked.”

“Y-yea.. You are right...should’ve eat slower..”

 

Momo tried to convince herself to agree with what Mina said..  there’s no way she choked on her food just because she saw Mina been looking at her with the warmest, kindest, and sweetest smile Momo ever saw. Nope it’s all because of the spices. Definitely the strong spices.. not that. Yeah… Definitely.

.

.

.

After both of them finally finished her food, they decided to go home to get some rest. Apparently they were leaving in the same neighborhood. Or to be precise, they live in the same apartment complex. Just different tower. Mina lives in Tower C and Momo lives in tower E so they’re now walking side by side towards their home.

Again.. Momo and Mina.. they weren’t talking to each other that much right after they went out from the restaurant.. even in the bus.. they only exchanged short conversation about who’s going to take the window side chair..

Even now, they’re just walking side by side in silence. It’s not really a ‘peaceful silence’ like what those romantic story always stated in every moment two shy people walk side by side.. these two, were too busy brainstorming in their own head to find some topic so they won’t make each other fell into awkward silence.

Things like a common and cliché questions such as ‘what color you like’ or ‘what kind of food you like’, kept appearing in Momo’s head and she hate herself for thinking something as basic as that. until finally she got an idea.. question that she’s been curious since the moment she saw Mina gliding on the ice earlier..

 

“You know.. I was quite surprised when I saw you skate this morning..” said Momo

“It’s understandable don’t worry. I just joined the club this term and that’s why no one knows I’m part of the figure skating club.”

“ah.. I see.. Then why suddenly joined the club?”

 

Mina didn’t immediately answered Momo’s question.. it need few steps for them to take until Mina talked again.. like she hesitated to tell Momo her reasons..

 

“Promise me you won’t judge me or laugh at my reason..” Momo gave Mina a firm nod.

“I joined the club because.. my mother told me to or else, she would ban me from playing any games..”

“Games?”

“Yes. I have few console game in home and I always spent my time playing games instead of doing club activity and other thing.. Usually my mother never complained about it since I still do great in my exams.. but before the new term started, she wanted me to enjoy my time in school.. create memory through clubs and such or In my mother’s wording, ‘enjoy the high schooler life’. If not.. then she’ll took all my game..”

“So.. you joined figure skating because.. you don’t want your mom to confiscate your games?”

“Yes.”

 

There’s a slightly short pause after that as Momo just process all of it. and the more Momo think about it, the more her lips twitched to smile.

 

“That’s… quite.. Understandable… I think..” Said Momo.

 

Mina sensed something were off in the way Momo said that.. like.. like she was confused or dumbfounded with Mina’s reasoning. But when she took a glance, what she got wasn’t a judging look.. instead, all she saw was Momo tried to hide her laugh.

 

“You said you won’t laugh at it.” said Mina.

“I didn’t laugh because it’s weird or anything.” said Momo, trying to fix thing and this caught Mina’s attention

“It just cute.”

 

Right after that word, Mina stopped walking. Momo who’s still smiling didn’t realize at first until she looked back and saw Mina looked down and scratched her neck in a nervous way.. and that’s her wake up call.

 

“Oh! Wait! I uh.. I mean… Not cute that way!  but uh.. y-you know.. cute as.. uh.. u-unique! Yeah unique..”

“Unique?”

“Y-yeah.. I rarely heard people joined a club for that kind of reason. No it’s not a bad reason at all.. it just. I never think you would be that type of person. again. i-it’s not a bad thing either.. Also just hearing you willing to waste your after school time to protect your games is cute.. like.. like a kid protect their teddy bear? Or or.. Like a pup protect their favorite blankie? Or like a—“

“Momo-ssi.” That finally could make Momo stopped rambling

“I get it..”

“You.. do? sorry I tend to ramble sometimes..” Momo admitted.

“I got the idea. And thank you for trying to explain it.”

 

And after that, they continue their walk, but with a slightly large gap between them. somehow both got more embarrassed after that moment.

 

“So uh.. why figure skating? I mean you can just join any time waster club and joined whatever their agenda is. you can have more leisure time if you follow those kind of club.. but you chose figure skating?”

“That was actually my first plan.. until my mom told me to join club that aiming to participate in competitions. She said competition build teamwork and in the process there’ll be tons of memorable memories.. and since I took figure skating class when I was kid also it’s the only sports I slightly have a grip on. So figure skate club is the safest choice for me.” Said Mina

“Whoa.. you’ve been jumping around on the rink like that since you were kid?”

“I learn figure skate for 3 years. From 1st grade until 4th. After that I never really into that hence my body a little bit rusty and I have to work harder to keep up with the rest.”

“Wait.” Momo stopped while saying that.

 

soon Mina followed, shifted her sight towards Momo and waited for her to continue whaever she’s about to say.

Momo paused soon after they stopped, brows frowning and looked at Mina with a combination between confused and shocked. That kind of look made Mina somehow nervous as she started thinking that she might say something wrong.

 

“You.. haven’t skate since you were in 4th grade?”

“uh.. If you’re talking about skate as in figure skating.. yea you’re right.. why? is.. there something wrong?”

“You’re kidding me right?”

“mmm.. no?”

“You were so good earlier! there’s no way someone who’s been hiatus on doing figure skate for ages could do whatever you were doing.. it’s soooo good! what do you mean rusty?”

“Mine wasn’t really that good.. I made so many mistake and my moves are too monotonous.”

“You’re too humble.. didn’t you see how me and sana looked when you finished your performance? we were clapping like a seal.. I don’t know how sana’s face but mine was definitely in shock. That was awesome…”

“Thank you.. but really if you see others, they are way better than me.”

“Maybe.. but you might have potential to be better than them since.. the fact that you haven’t skate for really long time and just for what? few weeks and you already could do those moves.. I’m sure there’s something there.”

“I guess.. I’ll try to have a faith in that words..”

“you should.”

 

The walked than continue again but this time, they can a little bit less awkward between each other. Momo mainly the one who talks. Throughout the walk, Momo explained why she had an extra practice during weekend and even talked about her nickname ‘Hirai Momo the Practice Junkie’ which Mina rather praised her for it. she said she admired Momo’s love towards hockey and also her deterMination to be the best of herself for the sake of the team. Of course.. Momo got shy upon the praise.

.

.

Soon, they arrived at their apartment complex. Since their house aren’t in the same tower, they had to part their ways.

 

“and here where we parted ways..”

“Never knew you live close from mine.”

“Like I told you.. I rarely went out and spent time more with my games..”

“Ahh.. right.. things that forced you to join figure skate.” Both let out a short laughed after Momo said that.

“Well I’m about to go inside but Momo-ssi, thank you for today. both for allowing me to crash your practice and also for the food..”

“Don’t mention it really.. You need that extra practice more than I do.. and thank you to for being my brunch company. Not like Sana who ditch away like that.”

both laughed at that and somehow the vibe turned into a some kind of weird one.. it’s like the combination of nervous, awkward, and heavy feeling. Not really that describable but that tension made them silent.

 

“So I guess.. see you on Monday?” asked Momo

“Yes.. see you on Monday..”

 

They just stood there on the same place although they already bid goodbye to each other. Eyes wondering to so many places except each other faces, nervous gesture was evident on them, yet none of them dare to do anything. But Mina the one who made the first move

 

“Oh right.... I’ll be going first then. once again, thank you for today, Momo-ssi..” Mina then gave Momo a bow and also waved at her before continue walked towards the apartment lobby.

 

“M-Mina-ssi!”  

 

Once again.. Momo’s mouth works faster than her brain as she out of the sudden just called Mina again without even planning what word she wanted to say.

 

“Ne?” Said Mina who stopped and looked back towards Momo.

“Well uh… S-Sweet dreams!!” oh not again.

 

A really short silence happened right after Momo said that. Mina just looked at Momo who was grinning wildly or more like grinning awkwardly.

 

“Ah.. n-ne! you too, Momo-ssi. Sweet dreams.” Then after the last bow, Mina went inside her apartment tower entrance, leaving Momo alone outside.

 

“Really Momo?! It’s freakin 12pm and you said sweet dreams?! God why am I so embarrassing!”

 

Momo sure if later Sana called her and asked her about how this short hang out with Mina happened, she definitely won’t give her too many details. She’s too embarrassing today and surely Sana will use every single thing Momo did today as a teasing material for the rest of the year.



AUTHOR NOTES:

Hey there!! sorry for the long wait! But it’s out!!
So this one will be a multi chapter story. How many? I don’t know depends on my capability to create interesting story..

I don’t have anything much to say again so happy reading! And oh don’t forget to leave your thoughts on the comment bar, vote it if you like and subscribe to get notif for the new chap!!

DON’T FORGET TO COLLECT HEART ON CHOEAEDOL APP, VOTE FOR TWICE ON THE FANUNION POST PLEASE. LET’S MAKE TWICE WIN SOBA AGAIN WITH 9 MEMBERS ON STAGE

Stay healthy, stay safe, stay hydrate!

Love you guys!!!





Kamsahamida~