Royalty Love (I)

Jungri One Shot

“Yerim ah~ ” Sooyoung exclaimed excitedly when she spotted Yerim with her sister in law, Joohyun walking towards the school hall.

“Joohyun unnie, good morning!” Sooyoung linked her arm with Yerim, and tilted her body with a slight bow to greet Joohyun with a smile. 

“What made you so hype up in the early morning?” Yerim asked amusingly, noticed that Sooyoung was unexceptionally bright in the morning.

“You don’t know?” Sooyoung wiggled her brows and made a playful expression at her.

“What?” Yerim laughed. “Is there something I need to know?” 

“Sooyoung ah... tell us what you know,” Irene was curious.

“You all really don’t know anything?” Sooyoung crossed her arm under her chest and both of them shook their head.

“Prince Jeon is here,” Sooyoung revealed at last.

“Wait...” Yerim paused for a second and cleared . “Prince Jeon?!” 

“Yes. Prince Jeon... your fiancé. I thought that you would know.” 

Yerim turned to Joohyun. “Unnie, have you heard anything from my brother?”

“No, Taehyung did not mention to me,” Joohyun answered.

“Where did you get the news from?” Joohyun asked Sooyoung.

“I overheard some girls discussing about Prince Jeon and that they saw him earlier. I thought that you knew.”

“No, I don’t,” Yerim stated. She had never contacted with Prince Jeon before because he was sent abroad since young. Yerim remembered that Prince Jeon was supposed to return Seoul next year for their marriage and it seemed like he had decided to bring forward his return. Yerim wondered if it also meant that their marriage plan had brought forward too? 

“Aren’t you excited to see your fiancé in person finally?” Sooyoung clasped her hand. 

There was a mixture of feelings stirring within Yerim. Sure Yerim was excited to see Prince Jeon but she was nervous as well. What will happened when they eventually meet?

“Come on. Let’s go and see if it is true that your fiancé is here,” Joohyun pulled them along with her. As they were approaching the hall, there were many people already crowding forming a circle and causing loud commotion. 

There were girls scream heard around and filled the hall. Prince Jeon! Prince Charming!

Irene grabbed hold both Yerim and Sooyoung hand and squeezed through the crowd, allowing themselves to get to the front. It was true that Prince Jeon is here. Yerim had seen his news and photos from time to time when the media released articles about him. Though she had to admit that he looked good in the photos but he looked so way better in person. Prince Jeon is really a Prince Charming. 

Prince Jeon together with his bodyguards were surprised at the overwhelming welcome from the students majority girls. Jungkook stood tall and smiled politely to the girls around them but his eyes are searching for someone else. 

Suddenly, Yerim and Prince Jeon eyes met and were locked for a few minutes until Prince Jeon finally seemed to have recognised Yerim. Yerim held her breathe and her heart palpitating when Jungkook flashed a charming smile at her. 

“Omo! Prince Jeon is coming for you,” Sooyoung eagerly shook Yerim wrist and alerted her with excitement. Both Irene and Sooyoung retreated their steps back to allow Yerim and Prince Jeon to reunite. 

Prince Jeon strode towards to Yerim and she felt like they were in the limelight when all gazes were on them right now. Yerim was nervous, mind was blanked when Jungkook stood in right in front of her. 

All the squealing, discussion among the students became unheard to Yerim as she stared at Jungkook longly.

“It had been a really long time. It’s my pleasure to finally meet you, Princess Kim,” Prince Jeon reached for Yerim hand and lightly kissed on the back of her hand. So, Prince Jeon knew who Yerim was.

Yerim trembled slightly by his touch but recomposed herself as she bowed and smiled back. “Nice to finally meet you too, Prince Jeon.”

Their small interactions had earned many envious and jealousy from the crowd. 

“Will you do the honour to tour me around the school?” Prince Jeon flashed a small smile at Yerim. It was difficult to reject when Jungkook had the most charming smile. 

“It’s my pleasure,” Yerim eyes were tinkling. All her nervousness seemed to have amazingly vanish in split seconds.

“They are so cute together...” Sooyoung squealed and hammered Irene shoulder. 

“Yah... my shoulder...” Irene whined.

“Sorry Unnie... I am just too happy for them...” Sooyoung massaged Irene shoulder.

                                            <***>

“Prince Jeon, have you went to the administrative office to get your pass and schedule yet?” Yerim asked. 

“Yes I did the first thing I reached here. Princess Kim, you may drop the honorific with me. Please just address me as Jungkook or any pet name you want as long as you comfortable with since we are getting married soon,” Jungkook said. 

“Jungkookie... I can call you that right? It sounded cute and rhymed.” Yerim pondered for awhile and blushed at her pet name for him. 

“I like it how it came out from you. I will call you Yerimie then,” Jungkook chuckled. 

Yerim breathe hitched when Jungkook suddenly held her hand. “May I?” Yerim shyly nodded her head. Jungkook was really bold and she actually love how her hand fitted perfectly on Jungkook warm and soft hand.

“Jungkookie... Can I ask you a question?” 

“You may ask anything, Yerimie...” Jungkook voice was like music to her ears. 

“I thought you are coming back next year for our wedding. Why did you come back earlier than planned?” Yerim was really curious about it.

Just when Jungkook was about to answer her, someone from behind called Yerim. Both of them turned back and Jungkook face hardened when he saw him. 

“Hi Taeyong Oppa...” Yerim waved and smiled brightly at Taeyong who was approaching them. 

“My princess... where are you going?” Taeyong clenched his fingers upon seeing Yerim and Jungkook interlaced hands. 

“I am bringing Prince Jeon around the school for a quick tour,” Yerim answered. “Oh by the way, let me introduce you two.”

“This is Prince Jeon and this is Taeyong,” Yerim quickly introduced. 

“Nice to meet you, Prince Jeon. I am Taeyong, one of Yerim closest friend,” Taeyong extended his hand to Jungkook, not forgetting to emphasis his relationship with Yerim. 

“Yes Taeyong shi... I had heard about you before. Nice meeting you, I am Yerimmie husband to be, Jungkook,” Jungkook informed. 

Taeyong nodded with a forced smile and unknowingly exerting more force on his grip. Yerim had sensed that if she do not do anything, these two men will start their fierce glaring competition. 

“Taeyong Oppa... The bell had just rung. You should go for your first lesson now. I will see you around soon...” Yerim thanked god that the first bell had sounded.

“See you during lunch Princess,” Taeyong waved with a smile to Yerim. Jungkook did not like how Taeyong address his fiancé princess. Jungkook made sure he will put Taeyong back to his own rightful place and that Yerim is his princess and not Taeyong. 

“Shall we continue our tour?” Yerim blinked her eyes and stared at Jungkook.

“Don’t you have lesson too?” Jungkook asked.

“I had informed my lecturers that I will miss out some lesson today since I need to bring our Prince Jeon around the school,” Yerim giggled. “How are you going to compensate for my missed lesson then?” Yerim asked playfully. 

Jungkook pulled Yerim closer to him and placed a quick peck on her forehead. “Will this compensation do?” 

Yerim face was in shades of red. “How can you be so greedy during our first ever meeting?” All the initiative moves from Jungkook caught her off guard. Yerim did not know there is this side of Jungkook because she had always thought that he was reserved and cold. 

“Yes I am greedy. But because it’s you. It’s you that I am greedy for. You are mine,” Yerim heart skipped a beat after Jungkook confession. 

“You are quite possessive, aren’t you Jungkookie...” Yerim laughed as she remarked.

“I wouldn’t denied it,” Jungkook replied proudly and Yerim laughed.

“I love hearing your laughters and your smiles are my dosage of happiness,” Jungkook her hair. 

“Ah... so Jungkookie is a sweet talker too,” Yerim noted with a short laugh. 

“I guessed you will get diabetes for the rest of your lifetime with me,” Jungkook intertwined their fingers and happily walked to their next destination. 

                                            <***>

“My unnies are over there. They are very excited in meeting you,” Yerim pointed to where Irene and Sooyoung was seated, at the cafeteria. 

Besides Irene and Sooyoung was Taeyong and few others which were both Taeyong and Yerim acquaintances. Yerim was seated in between Jungkook and Doyoung and sitting opposite them were Sooyoung and Irene and Taeyong. Yerim started to introduce Jungkook to all her friends. 

“I’ve got your favourite bento today,” Taeyong placed the bento box in front of Yerim. Yerim expressed her thank you to Taeyong. 

“What would like to have Jungkookie?” Yerim turned to her right where Jungkook was seated. “There are many great food served in here.” 

“Can I share the bento with you? It’s your favourite right? I would like to know more about my fiancée food preferences,” Jungkook smiled while Taeyong frowned when Yerim happily shared her bento with Jungkook.

“Oh Gosh... you two are so cute together,” Sooyoung couldn’t help but to compliment Yerim and Jungkook.

“I need to take a picture of you two and show to Taehyung. Smile to the camera.” Irene quickly fished her phone out and got into ready position. Both Yeri and Jungkook followed Irene command as they posed smiling to the camera. 

Doyoung noticed that Taeyong was gloomy because of Jungkook and Yerim so he decided to help him out. “Yerim. Don’t forget our practice after school today. I am looking forward to both Taeyong Hyung and your self composed duet together.” 

“Sure, I remembered about our practice. You will be blown away by our rehearsal later,” Yerim chewed her food deliciously. 

“I believed all of us will be blown away by the mind blowing performance from you and Taeyong Hyung. We are all looking forward to the actual day performance next week. You two had been legendary crowned as the heaven made couple in this school,” Doyoung stated. 

Jungkook knew that Doyoung had said it loud and clear for him to hear. Jungkook remained silent since he had already known that Taeyong and Yerim had been close. Jungkook also know that Taeyong even confessed to Yerim once but was rejected by Yerim. It was no doubt that Jungkook had been observing Yerim a few years back even they are world apart. Jungkook assistant will always report to him about Yerim day, like what she did and how she is doing. He had know a lot of her, more than Yerim could have imagine. 

It was not a surprise that Yerim had many suitors because she is very outgoing, friendly and pretty. Jungkook was glad that Yerim hasn’t go out with any boys before because she knew she was already engaged and that she kept their engagement in her heart had proven how loyal Yerim was and how important he was to her. 

                                                <***>

“Yerimie~ I had to go back home now. My parents are waiting for me at home so I cannot accompany you for your practice later. Be safe and stay hydrated okay? I will see you tonight at family dinner, alright?” Jungkook was reluctant to leave Yerim now, let alone knowing she will be with Taeyong afterwards. 

“Sure. I will see you at our families dinner later. Now go on... Bye Jungkookie~,” Yeri waved. 

“Wait. Where’s my goodbye kiss?” Jungkook cheekily asked and bent down to meet Yerim level with his cheeks sticking out to her.

Yerim blushed. Yerim had not been in a relationship before and everything with Jungkook was new and fresh to her. Yerim shaped her lip and leaned in to peck on his cheek but who knows that Jungkook mischievously tilted his head and turned out Yeri kissed on Jungkook lip.

Yerim eyes widened when she realised she had kissed Jungkook lip. When she shifted backwards embarrassing, Jungkook moved in towards and sealed their lip together. They had briefly kissed for a few minutes before Jungkook assistant had to apologetically interrupted them. “Prince Jeon. We had to go now.”

Yerim shy away and gently pushed Jungkook back to the car. “Why don’t you come home with me?” Jungkook refused to let go Yerim hand. Since he had already came back for her, he doesn’t want to leave her side any seconds. He had missed her so much throughout the years. Jungkook never knew that he was capable of falling head over heels for Yerim even they had never meet once in person. After seeing her in real, Jungkook had fallen even deeper for her. 

“I didn’t know that our almighty Prince Jeon had this soft and playful side. We are seeing each other later very soon, aren’t we?” Yerim coaxed.

“See you later Prince Jeon,” Yerim gave a quick peck on Jungkook cheek and signalled the chauffeur that he can go.

Yerim watched the car slowly disappearing from her sight. Her smiles had never leave her face as she thought back at how fast they had progressed just within that few hours together. It was magical that although it was their first meeting, it felt like they had been together for many years. Her heart had been accelerating which she had never experienced before. It was easy to fall in love with Jungkook. He was so different from what she had known or seen with the articles about him. He had this playful and cheeky side which was so endearing.

Yerim wondered to herself are they in dating stage now or that they are simply comfortable with each other. Or was it because they are engaged and things like physical contacts happened naturally between them. But whatever it is, she was happy with him.

To be continued