A Song For You

A Song For You

Yoseob awoke with the sun’s warm rays shining down on him. He lazily opened one eye and looked around the room. He was the last one to get up…again. The visual maknae groggily sat up and yawned. He climbed down from his top bunk and stretched. After fifteen minutes, Yoseob was out of the room and into the kitchen, where he smelled food cooking. The scene that greeted him was strange. Kikwang, known as BEAST’s masculine hottie, was standing in the kitchen wearing a flowery apron. Yoseob stifled a laugh and waltzed over to the muscle fool.

“Mmhm whatcha cooking Kiki?” Yoseob asked, poking his head around Kikwang’s body and trying to grab a pancake.

“Yah, no eating until I’m done!” Kikwang chided Yoseob.

Yoseob pouted and walked over to the table where Doojoon was sitting and going over the members’ schedules. Dongwoon was glued to the TV where he was trying out his new video game. Hyunseung was in the corner, headphones in his ears as he gracefully practiced his dance moves. Yoseob frowned…

“Hyung? Where…where’s Junhyung?” Yoseob timidly asked the leader.

Doojoon didn’t look up as he answered, “Recording studio.”

With those two words Yoseob smiled. Of course Junhyung was working on their one free Saturday morning. That was just him.

 “I’ll be back later!” Yoseob called over his shoulder as he ran out the door.

“You didn’t even eat breakfast yet!” Kikwang’s voice floated after Yoseob’s retreating figure.

As soon as Yoseob arrived to CUBE’s recording studio, he spotted Junhyung’s car. He ran inside, nodding and smiling to the receptionist noona, who blushed and waved. Yoseob got inside the elevator and pressed the button for the basement without thinking. Junhyung had always said the basement was one of the only places he could think without being bothered.

“Hyung?” Yoseob called.

“In here.” Junhyung’s husky voice called out.

Yoseob followed the voice and was greeted by Junhyung’s silhouette. For a moment, Yoseob stood in the dark, admiring Junhyung’s features. Those milky eyes that made Yoseob melt were focused on a sheet of paper. His full lips were pulled down in a frown, something that only occurred when Junhyung was concentrating on something. Yoseob smiled and stepped into the room.

“Hyung…”

Junhyung looked up and immediately smiled, causing Yoseob to almost go weak in the knees “What are you doing here?” he asked, gesturing for Yoseob to come closer.

“I’m checking on you of course.” Yoseob responded truthfully, blushing slightly. Junhyung laughed, a rich and full sound. Yoseob walked over to him and curiously asked what he was working on.

“This? It’s nothing…just some ideas for songs.” Junhyung answered, slightly embarrassed. Yoseob read a few lines and started singing. Junhyung stared at the cute boy, wondering how such an angelic voice could come from an energetic and happy kid.

Yoseob finished singing the last line and turned to Junhyung. “Hyung, this is amazing!” A smile was playing on his lips and his eyes were dancing. “Did…did you write this for someone special?”

Junhyung was startled, but decided to answer truthfully. “Yeah…it’s for someone I care a lot about, but can’t confess to.”

Yoseob felt his heart break and his smile wavered a little. He tried to mask his pain by turning away and lightly asking, “And who is this lucky person?”

Junhyung wouldn’t look at Yoseob as he whispered, “Turn the paper over Seobbie.”

Yoseob did as he was told and gasped at what he saw. In tiny letters were the words “For Yang Yoseob”.

“Hyung? Is this…is this true?” Yoseob asked, heart beating. 

Junhyung still wouldn’t look up as he answered, “Yes, Seob…”

Yoseob smiled and reached over to carefully lift up Junhyung’s face. Junhyung looked up, scared of what he might find in Yoseob’s face. Anger? Disgust? He didn’t think he could face seeing that. Instead, Junhyung found Yoseob’s face rosy with love and appreciation.

“Thank you hyung. Thank you so so much.” The younger boy whispered.

Without thinking, Junhyung leaned over and planted a soft kiss on Yoseob’s startled lips. Yoseob recovered quickly and responded with much enthusiasm. As they pulled apart, Junhyung reached over and laced his fingers with Yoseob’s free hand.

Yoseob studied the song Junhyung had written and suddenly looked up. “Hyung?”

Junhyung smiled, “Yeah?”

“Yes, I do.” Yoseob said.

Junhyung looked at him, not comprehending. Yoseob handed him the song and pointed at the last line. “And I just want to know…do you love me too?

Junhyung grinned and pulled the younger boy in for another sweet kiss, this one a lingering touch, full of promises of tomorrow, the next day, the next week…and forever.