Never ending worries

NEVER ENDING WORRIES

“Siwon, I am not leaving.”

Ryeowook is changing his mind every two hours because he isn’t able to leave his son. His mother suffered from a heart attack and she is recovering at home. The problem is that she lives in Ulsan which is far away from Seoul. Ryeowook’s sister took care of her the whole last week but she has her family so now it is Ryeowook’s turn. They want to find a health visitor for their mother but it isn’t so easy and the first health visitor is going to be free in two weeks. Ryeowook isn’t happy that he has to leave his family for a whole week but he has to take care of his mother.

Ryeowook and Yesung have a very strong bond because of the cruel hardship they came through. Getting pregnant was hard and giving birth to Yesung was even harder. Yesung’s birth was premature, whole six weeks before the estimated due date. Ryeowook’s body simply wasn’t able to keep the baby inside anymore and Yesung came in this world too early. He spent the first few weeks of his life in an incubator and he was so tiny that the fresh parents were dying in fear that their son is going to die. Moreover, the premature birth left Ryeowook infertile and he suffered from postpartum depression. 

Yesung is 19 months old now and he and his mommy are doing so good and Siwon is working hard to raise enough money for a comfortable life. Ryeowook doesn’t need to work thanks to his husband who is earning enough and he is so happy that he doesn’t need to leave his baby. Until now. Ryeowook is the kind of mother who counts every day of their child’s life. If he spends one week with his mother then his baby is going to be 83 weeks old. He could miss something important. 

“We are going to be fine. Trust me.”

Siwon smiled at his husband but he is worried. He helps with taking care of Yesung but it will be different with his husband far away. But Siwon loves his son and there is nothing that could stop him from overcoming this challenge. Siwon also has the notebook with everything about their son and his schedule so it won’t be that hard. Ryeowook is still hesitating and fights with himself but then finally gets in his car and gets one last kiss from his husband.

“Take care of your mom and I will send you many pictures and videos.”

Siwon smiled again and then Ryeowook forced himself to leave. Siwon takes a deep breath and then walked back inside the silent house. It is almost 7:40 so Yesung is going to wake up any minute now. Siwon hesitantly walks upstairs in their son’s nursery and peeked inside the room. Their little angel is still asleep and sucks on his pacifier. His pajama is making him ten times more adorable (https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0766760002.html) but Siwon isn’t sure if the world can deal with so much cuteness. He watches his son for a while before the boy suddenly stirred around and woke up. Yesung blinks few times before his eyes landed on his daddy and he smiled. Yesung proudly shows his teeth. Siwon sighed when he remembered the torture called teething, Yesung was so mad and fussy when the first teeth started to appear in his mouth, it was one huge hell because he cried all the time. But now? Now his parents have the most perfect boy who is calm and cuddly.

Siwon picked his son up and walks over to the changing table. He changed Yesung’s wet diaper and then carried him downstairs to have breakfast. Ryeowook is dutiful so he prepared boxes with food for them as soon as he knew that he is going to take care of his mom. The fridge is full of boxes with breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks so Siwon only needs to heat it up. Luckily the man can cook a few simple meals and knows that Yesung loves toasts. Siwon prepared a plate full of whole-grain toasts with nut butter and sliced bananas while Yesung is watching him from his highchair. Siwon thought that Yesung is ready to start using a booster seat but Ryeowook was very clear - nothing that came out of his body is going to get hurt. Ryeowook might be a bit overprotective but his only baby can’t get hurt. 

Siwon hands half of a toast to Yesung who first eats the banana and then nibbles on the toast. Siwon is so happy that they are going to spend a few days alone, he is scared that he isn’t spending enough time with his son and this is a great opportunity for them. Spending time with the little toddler means that Siwon must create a plan of things they can do. Playing in a park sounds good and he knows that Yesung’s friend is going to be there too. Siwon pushed Yesung’s umbrella stroller in the hallway and then goes to pack a diaper bag and changed their clothes. His son is going to be the cutest child in the park again (https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0698597004.html) and Siwon sat him in the stroller. The weather outside is quite warm so Siwon unfolded the canopy so his baby is protected from the sun and started to walk. Yesung is sucking on his pacifier and hugs his favorite stuffed turtle while watching the street and people around. They entered the park and Siwon heads to the playground where they usually play. He can see their friend from afar and heads to their bench.

“Hi.”

Their friend Namjoon turned around and smiles after seeing them. He makes some space on the bench so Siwon can sit down and the man peeked in the stroller which is next to Namjoon. Inside is sleeping Namjoon’s four months old son Jimin. The little angel is sleeping covered with a thin blanket with sheep and doesn’t care that his older brother Taehyung is acting like a monkey. Taehyung is also 19 months old, just like Yesung but Seokjin gave birth to him without any problems. Seokjin’s both pregnancies were fine and Namjoon is thankful for that. He isn’t sure if he could survive such huge stress like Siwon did when his son was born prematurely and Ryeowook’s life was also in danger. Siwon likes Namjoon and his sons but there is one problem - seeing Yesung together with Taehyung is hard because he can see what the premature birth caused. Taehyung also knows so many words. Yesung’s vocabulary is quite small next to Taehyung’s wide one. Taehyung is already learning to use the potty and Yesung still isn’t ready. Yesung’s muscles aren’t developing at the same rate as other children and his fine motor skills also aren’t great. These weak points are crystal clear next to Taehyung who is so wild and strong.

However, the boys don’t mind it and Taehyung runs to his friend. Taehyung goes back to pretending he is a monkey and Yesung sat down on the warm sand in the sandbox. Siwon gives him his toys and Yesung starts to play. Namjoon sighed when he sees his son finding yet another disgusting thing. This time he is too close to something that looks like a dog’s excrement so he goes to drag him to the sandbox and Taehyung starts to play. Namjoon peeked in the stroller and thanks God that Jimin is so calm, he still can’t run away like Taehyung and he is the calmest baby. The dads are sitting on a bench and watch their kids playing. After some time Seokjin came, he was getting a new haircut, and immediately cooed at his cute baby. Jimin is happy to see his mommy and got a bottle of milk. Even Taehyung runs to the bench and hugs his mom. Siwon unpacked Yesung’s snack - cottage cheese with berries. He sat Yesung in his lap and the boy started to eat while his daddy occasionally steals some berries. Lunchtime is near so they say goodbye and head home. Siwon is happy that he doesn’t need to cook, he only has to heat the meals up and they are eating. Then Yesung needs to take a nap so Siwon tucked him in his crib and goes to read emails he received from the office.

After Yesung woke up from his nap they play in the living room. Siwon sees all the toys his son has and feels proud that his hard job allows his son to be this happy. Yesung is happy until the evening came and Siwon started to prepare him for going to bed. After dinner and bath Siwon lay his son in the crib but the boy started to cry. Yesung misses his mommy, he is used to having Ryewook around him all the time. Yesung is crying and his face is slowly turning red while Siwon is panicking. Yesung is already coughing due to crying so much and no matter what he tries, his son continues crying. After a while Siwon spotted his pacifier laying on the changing table and pushed the teat between Yesung’s small lips. The pacifier finally calmed him down and Yesung hiccups few times while rubbing his eyes with his tiny fists. Siwon cradles him in his arms for a bit longer and then lay him in the crib again. Yesung is exhausted from crying so much and fell asleep in a few minutes so Siwon can also go and get some sleep. His plans are ruined by his phone which started to ring. Siwon quickly grabbed the device before it can wake up Yesung and sees that Ryeowook is calling. Siwon told him that they played in a park and Namjoon with Seokjin joined them.

“It is cringy how hard they try to hide the fact that Yesung isn’t on the same level as Taehyung.”

Ryeowook has to soothe his partner and Siwon hummed to show that he agrees.

“Our Yesung is smart, he is great.”

Siwon knows that their son is smart but it still hurts. They speak for a while before Ryeowook said that he needs to get some sleep. They hung up and Siwon quickly fell asleep to get the energy to play with his son.

 

The next day is the same. They go to the park and play until it is time to go home and luckily this time Namjoon and his sons don’t join them. Siwon is enjoying it more without the reminder that his son isn’t as strong as his peers. Yesung is so cheerful and runs around the playground while his daddy is desperately trying to follow him. At least it is easy to make him happy, Yesung is giggling all the time and then his daddy bought him an ice cream so it is the best day ever. Yesung is messily eating the strawberry ice cream and Siwon drinks coffee. Then they head home and now it is time to do some work. Siwon takes a book of fairy tales and sat Yesung in his lap. He opened the book and started to read. His son is curiously watching the lines of words and listens to the story while sucking on his pacifier. Siwon understands why Ryeowook can’t get enough of their son, the boy is so cute. After a while Yesung can’t sit still so Siwon closed the book and turned on some music. The toddler likes to dance in a crazy way and Siwon has to record a short video for his husband. The good thing is that the dancing exhausted Yesung and this time he sleeps without problems for the whole night.

Siwon needs to go to his office today to attend an important meeting. His son is going with him and he is going to steal everyone’s heart thanks to his cute smile and outfit (https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0825923003.html). Siwon packed some toys and snacks for him and then buckled him in his car seat. Everyone in the office hurries to meet the little boy and after a while when the circle of cooing people won’t move, Siwon is forced to push them away a bit. The meeting is starting soon and Siwon pushed the stroller in the meeting room. He hands a stuffed bunny to his son and prepares his documentation. Yesung bites on the ear of his bunny and watches the people around until he gets bored. He wants to play while his daddy forces him to sit in the stroller. Luckily Yesung knows how to change his mind. He starts to whine and cries until Siwon unbuckled the straps and picked him up. Siwon bounces him up and down in his arms while speaking and every women in the room coo. The toddler is really cute and tugs on the black tie of his daddy who is trying to stay serious. After the meeting ends Yesung gets a treat - cream cheese with mini-breadsticks. Then they can go back home and Siwon brings many clean papers and paints and let his son to paint dressed only in a diaper. Yesung is a little artist and Siwon put his art aside so the paint can dry and then he is going to frame it an hang it in the hallway which is Yesung’s museum. On the walls in the long hallway are hanging dozens of Yesung’s photos and pictures he created so everyone who comes in the house can see the little treasure. The little artist is very messy so lots of the paints end on his body and he needs a long bath. After the bath Siwon wraps him in a thick towel with ducks and watches his son falling asleep in his arms. Yesung is so addictive and Siwon has to sniffle to his soft hair or at least touches his chubby cheeks before putting him in the crib. No wonder that Ryeowook finds it so hard to leave Yesung, 

Siwon’s mom also likes to visit her grandson and son and today she came right after they ate breakfast. Yesung is currently sitting on the carpet in the living room and wears clothes his grandma bought him (https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0814338002.html). Yesung is busy throwing his soft blocks around the playpen when his grandma sat down next to him. She is annoying, her hands are stroking Yesung’s soft hair, she pats his back and gently pinches his chubby cheeks. The toddler is getting mad at her and angrily cries out to call his daddy. Siwon picked up his son and sat him in his lap and he starts to chat with his mother. She pays attention to her son and left Yesung alone. The boy is happily playing with Siwon’s shining wrist watches and patiently waits for his grandma to leave. However she decided to go out for lunch with them and instead of getting rid of her, Yesung is trapped in a highchair in a restaurant and his daddy ordered food for them. Yesung is starting to get mad because he has no toys or food but after a bit longer their food arrived and Siwon started to feed him. Luckily Siwon’s mom left after they ate lunch and Siwon goes home. Yesung takes a nap while his daddy cleans the house a bit because he wants to make Ryeowook proud. The weather outside isn’t very warm so they will have to stay inside so Siwon brings a box full of containers with play-doh. Yesung is creating a colorful pizza and his daddy pays attention if he isn’t tasting it. The boy soon gets impatient from sitting for so long and he started to run around the house. Siwon is chasing him and loves the sounds of the pitter-patter of tiny feet. He always leaves him to run away before catching him, kissing his cheeks and then letting him run away again. Thanks to so much running Yesung doesn’t fight when bed time came. Siwon cradles his bathed son in his arms while Yesung drinks milk from his sippy cup. Siwon is smiling at him and then Ryeowook called them and Yesung can see his mommy on the phone. The FaceTime doesn’t let Ryeowook to kiss his son’s chubby cheeks but at least he can his Yesung reaching his tiny hands toward the device. Luckily Ryeowook is coming home soon, just one more day and he is going to be back.

The next morning is peaceful for Yesung who is calmly playing while Siwon tries to finish some work and also finish few last house chores. They need to do grocery shopping so Siwon changed Yesung’s clothes (https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0833475002.html) and then grabs his wallet. They walked out of the house and slowly walk toward the supermarket. It takes a long while to get there because Yesung’s legs are too short to keep the same pace as his daddy. Siwon takes a trolley and sat his son in the small seat. He has a long list of things they need and he pushes the trolley through the long aisles with never ending supply of every possible kind of food. Yesung is sucking on his pacifier and occasionally points at some colorful things which caught his interest. Siwon often wants to face challenges but this might be too much even for him. He has to carry five bags full of groceries and his son without dropping anything. His arms hurt by the time he can finally put everything down and Yesung runs away from his tired father. Siwon knows Ryeowook’s tricks so he grabs the bag of gummy bears and shakes it in the air until his son runs to him while making grabby hands. Yesung is staring up at his father and makes soft squealing noises and then his daddy handed him a gummy bear. Yesung chews on the soft candy and clings to his dad’s legs to get more treats. Siwon is busy laughing to his son who is desperately trying to climb his legs and he doesn’t hear the the front door opened. Ryeowook walked in their house and silently put his bag down before going to find his family. Siwon is the first one who spotted him and almost tripped because he wanted to quickly hug him and forgot about Yesung clinging to him. Ryeowook kneeled down on the floor and opened his arms and Yesung needs few seconds to wake up from his surprise and he runs toward his mommy. Siwon is finally free to also hug his husband and they cuddled for few silent seconds until Ryeowook pulled away a bit so he can take a shower after the long journey. Siwon carried Yesung in their bedroom and he lay down in the wide bed. He laid Yesung next to him and the toddler quickly sucks on his pacifier while they wait for the mommy to come out of the bathroom. Ryeowook smiled when he opened the door and saw them lying there and waiting for him. Ryeowook lay next to his husband and pulled his son closer. Ryeowook hugs Yesung and Siwon put his arm around Ryeowook’s slim waist. Ryeowook is tired and the nice smell of his son is calming him down. The last week was hectic, he took care of his mother and she is feeling better. They also find a health visitor for her so Ryeowook can be at home with his family and he can be sure that his mom is in good hands. Ryeowook strokes Siwon’s hair and kissed his husband who must be tired after taking care of their son on his own. Ryeowook kissed Yesung’s forehead and sees that their little darling is fast asleep. He only shrugs because one small nap won’t hurt them.