blinded eyes

How he changed her

"Jessica!" Her mum called from downstairs.

"Yes? Mum, what is it?" Jessica asked with her eyes on her phone.

"You need to eat breakfast." Her mum spoke as she carried the dishes and placed them into the sink.

"No need, someone's treating me to breakfast today." Jessica replied with a hint of undetectable light in her eyes.

"Who's treating you?" Her mother asked suspiciously.

"No-one important." Jessica said still looking and the phone.

"Jessica." Her mother sighed. Their conversations weren't ever that long, no matter how much she tried to make Jessica talk. Jessica had seemingly dull eyes, much to the displeasure of her mum.

KNOCK KNOCK. Someone was at the door.

"They're here!" Jessica cried in delight. Her mum watched as she had never, not even once, heard her daughter talk with such joy and happiness in her voice.

"Jessica!" They cried. Jessica's mum walked towards the door to see some girls and boys. Very beautiful people they were, Jessica smiled at them.

"Hey guys! You're finally here!" Jessica exclaimed as she ran into the arms of a young man with brown hair. The boy had a kind look in his eyes, a gentle smiled also graced his lips.

"Jessica, sorry to keep you waiting." The boy said as Jessica's eyes lit up. Her mother watched in confusion. It was a odd look in her eye. She'd never seen her daughter's eyes so bright.

"Jessica." Her mother called out.

"Yes?" Jessica replied.

"Who is this?" Jessica's mother asked suspiciously.

"Onew. My boyfriend." Jessica smiled uncharacteristically. Jessica's mother then turned her eyes to Onew and glared.

"Why are you dating my daughter? Money or looks?" Jessica's mother asked coldly.

"Mum!" Jessica glared at her mother.

"The reason I date your daughter is neither." Onew replied.

"Then why?" Jessica's mother asked.

"Simple. I love her. Not to mention the look in her eyes." Onew smiled as the left hand in hand.

That was a different look in her daughter's eye. With a sigh and a smile, she continued on her day. Light shone into her eyes. She's no longer blinded.