First Meet

The Simple Thing Called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A young girl re applied the lipstick on her lips and smacked her lips together. She smirked at her own reflection on the mirror, thinking at how perfect she looks now with bright red lips. Her eyes went lower to check if her clothes are still neat and clean, too. Even if she was only wearing simple outfits like white button up shirt under a black blazer and matching black pencil skirt, she already looked like the most beautiful secretary ever in the world– well, at least she think she does.

When she’s done checking herself out on the mirror, the girl left the bathroom and walked back to her desk. Sometimes she would walk passed other co–workers on the way, and she would give a polite smile to each of them –and an additional of pretty wink if it’s men–.

“Shiah is so pretty too, today.”

“Does she have a boyfriend, already?”

“Dude, I bet you’re not on the same level with her.”

“I wonder what does she do to keep her body slim?”

“Shiah is so cute, her small face makes her look like a doll.”

“Yoo Shiah, are you free tonight?”

This girl named Yoo Shiah, smiled to the person who asked the last question before she politely declined, saying she has something to do for these few days. She apologized when the man looks disappointed and walked away, with the same polite smile still adorned her face. But, when she was sure the man has left and there’s no one else around her, the smile quickly disappeared.

“Was he seriously asking me out when his face is nowhere near handsome and his salary is lower than mine? Don’t make me laugh, the one suitable enough to be my boyfriend is someone like boss.” She mumbled to herself with a frown in mock disapproval, causing her face to looks so arrogant now.

Her real attitude was apparently not as nice and beautiful as she looks outside. Getting too much praises on her looks causing her to get too proud of herself, thus setting a high standard to those who want to be her boyfriend; handsome, and rich.

Fortunately –or maybe not in Hoseok’s case–, Hoseok really fits her standard, so she always check herself on the mirror everyday inside the office bathroom to make sure she looks good in front of her boss.

“Speaking of my boss, why he isn’t showing any interest on me yet? Should I wear a shorter skirt and maybe more revealing shirt?” Shiah sighed and walked back to her desk, the clicks sound of her high heels shoes echoing through the hallway.

Shiah grabbed some papers from her desk. She glanced at Yoobin whose desk was right across her and exchanged a smile with her before entering Hoseok’s office which only few steps from their desks.

Shiah softly knocked on the door and she could hear a faint “Come in.” from inside. She opened the door and walked in a graceful way just like a model to Hoseok’s desk to gain his attention, but much to her disappointment, Hoseok kept his eyes down to stack of papers on his desk.

“Here’s the papers needed to get sign from you, boss.” Shiah deliberately made her voice sounded more flirting than normal and she also bit her lower lips, trying to look seductive in front of Hoseok too.

“Alright, I’ll check on them later. Put it down there.” Hoseok said without looking up. One of his hands pointed at another stack of papers on the corner of his desk.

Shiah looked annoyed because Hoseok didn’t pay attention to her at all. She hates it when she’s being ignored like that. Hoseok should be thankful instead that she was putting an effort to flirt with him. “Hey, boss, there’s a friend of me who just opened a new brasserie nearby. Maybe we could have a dinner together after work tonight? Just two of us?”

“I’m sorry. But I can’t leave Yewon alone in the house.” Hoseok politely declined with no hesitation. He even didn’t need to consider it at all.

For one second, rage could be seen in her eyes that she was angry. No one is allowed to say no to her! That was not acceptable!

“I’m sure there are a lot of maids and guards in your house, no? They could help you watch over her while you’re away, besides, leaving her alone with them for few hours will cause no harm–“

Shiah kept insisting and Hoseok could sense she is slowly getting annoyed. But, Hoseok was feeling the same as well.

“Yoo Shiah.” Hoseok called with a low and stern voice, cutting her words abruptly and this time, he finally looked up to give her a fierce look. “I want you to make a call to Mr. Lee and arrange a meeting between two of us in this week. And also I want a full report of finance statistics on this month by tomorrow morning. You are dismissed.”

Shiah tried her best to not gritting her teeth in front of her boss. In the end, she just bowed her head in understanding and excused herself from the room. Hoseok waited until the door closed and he let out a heavy sigh. Shiah’s flirty attitude was really giving him a headache. Sure, she was pretty and smart as well based on how well she did all her tasks here. But even a fool knows that she’s the type of a person who wants to date Hoseok for his money only. It was obvious that Shiah didn’t care at all about Yewon by insisting only two of them to have dinner together instead of three with Yewon.

That’s the main, and one and only reason why Hoseok never wanted to go out with her. If Shiah was already like this when they were not officially together, what about when they were married to each other later? Maybe she would fully neglect Yewon or even torture her behind his back. Hoseok really didn’t want to trust Yewon’s care on some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter