Chapter 2

Death Bed

Yeah
I don't wanna fall asleep
I don't wanna pass away
I been thinking of our future 'cause I'll never see those days

 

We’re laying on my bed, hugging each other.

 

“Ahreum is such a smart kid you know”

“Of course, because she got my genes, i am smart”. She pouts, making annoyed face. The face that will always making me want to kiss that pouty lips. I giggle, “Ok fine, why?”

 

“The moment mom came, she took her bag by herself. And then she hugs me, giving a kiss to my cheek without anyone’s order. She seems to know it already, she figures it by herself. She’s not crying anymore, like she used to”. I know exactly how it feels, it breaks my heart hearing Ahrin said this to me, “Hm, she doesn’t even said goodbye to me”

“She did. She went to this room, but youre sleeping. Instead of kissing your cheek, she blew flying kiss to you. Not wanting to wake you up. I followed her silently, and saw that. I feel like crying watching my baby growing up so fast”. I nuzzle into her neck, caressing her side. Trying to calm her, I don’t know these days Ahrin was so fragile and sensitive too. “So you cry?” I ask her. It’s a lie if im not sad just by hearing those things. Every fathers would want to be by his daughter’s side, watching her grow happily.

 

But, I cant.

“No, she waves at you and that was the moment I nearly burst into laughter. She’s such a cute girl”

“Meanie. How could you laugh at her” I smile, imagining the scene in my head.

“She’ll be going to school next year. Bet, she’ll be the smartass girl in her class” she added, while caressing my hair, the thing she will always do when we’re having some pillow talk.

“We’ll be sending her to school, im so excited to it. Do you think she’ll cry?”

“Can i?”

“Of course, you’ll get better bythat time. We’ll attend the school’s ceremony together too. Is this the feeling my mom had experienced when I was a kid? Im really excited you know” she’s so excited of it. I don’t why but I feel so sad just by imagining it, I knew I couldn’t be there with them. I am running out of time, right now.

 

“I-i never wanted to leave you guys. I don’t wanna go-“ I nearly cried, still keeping my face into her neck. I couldn’t even finish my words.

“Shh, hey you’re not going anywhere. Don’t you ever say that thing again” she faces while holding my face in her palm, forcing me to look at her.

 

I nodded.