Dreamer

Dreamer

Wonwoo is a dreamer. He dreams of the night sky and the stars. He dreams of the sun and the singing birds. He dreams of happy laughter and cheeks that hurt from it. He dreams of being in love and having love so strong that it isn’t just butterflies, but explosions of colors inside his stomach. He dreams of the immense feeling of euphoria that would come when walking under the summer sun with someone he loves. He dreams of the tears that roll down and the rain that falls. He dreams of blushing cheeks and gentle touches. Small words and big whispers. Whispers of love and shouts of anger. Soft smiles. All that he dreamed.

 

Then Wonwoo met Mingyu.

 

Wonwoo watches the night sky with Mingyu. He talks about the constellations and everything beyond them with him. They look at the sun rising together and listen to the birds sing. They fantasize about the future that would be theirs and feel the explosions that are like fireworks inside their stomachs. Wonwoo has love so strong that his feet buckle under him, but there’s someone to catch him. There are tears that roll down his cheeks, but there’s someone to wipe them. They share gentle touches and blushing cheeks. They speak in love filled whispers and shouts of anger. Mingyu and Wonwoo are in love and it feels euphoric and it is beautiful.

 

Wonwoo used to be a dreamer. He used to dream of the night sky and the stars. He used to dream of the sun and the singing birds. He used to dream of happy laughter and cheeks that hurt from it. He used to dream of being in love and having love so strong that it isn’t just butterflies. He used to dream of the immense feeling of euphoria that comes from walking under the summer sun with someone he loves. He used to dream of the tears that roll down and the rain that falls. He used to dream of blushing cheeks and gentle touches. Small words and big whispers. Whispers of love and shouts of anger. Soft smiles. All that he used to dream.

 

But that was before Mingyu broke his heart. Now Wonwoo just stays awake.