Morning With You

I (Don't) Live Alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wheein wakes up to the familiar embrace of her best friend, both of them completely cocooned in Hyejin's thick blanket. It takes a few blinks before her eyes are rid of the cloudy sleepiness, and the first thing she sees is Hyejin's drooling face.

It's not an unfamiliar sight either, so all Wheein does is blink once before carefully rolling over to get off the bed.

She's half off the bed when Hyejin suddenly grabs her from behind, quickly securing Wheein's shoulder before pulling the girl back into her arms. Wheein lets out a surprised grunt, feeling Hyejin's arms wrap around her like a koala. She lets herself get wrestled back to bed before shaking her body, calling out “Hyejin-ah~” as she tries to wake the sleeping girl up.

“Hyejin-ah...” She pats the girl's arm. “Hyejin-ah.” She wiggles her body, causing the girl to groan in protest. “Hyejin-ah. If you don't let go of me, I won't be able to make breakfast and we'll have to buy some from the convenience store instead.”

Hyejin groans louder, but releases Wheein. “No more icky rice balls please...”

Wheein snorts. “You're the one who keeps picking them.”

“Hnnnnggg.”

Wheein finally manages to stand up, watching as her best friend covers herself the moment she's off the bed. Wheein grins, laying herself on top of the blanket to lie on Hyejin. Hyejin just groans in protest. She does it every time she sleeps over. Hyejin should really be used to it. “You know, seeing as this is your house, shouldn't you be the one to make breakfast?”

Hyejin rolls over, an obvious attempt to get Wheein off her back (literally). She succeeds somewhat, causing Wheein to slide off with a giggle. “Alright, my Queen, since you're being a lazy bum, your loyal knight shall serve you breakfast.” Wheein jumps to her feet, remembering the ingredients she brought over the previous night. She's tried the recipe before, and she liked it so much that she wants Hyejin to taste it too. “I shall bring your meal once it's ready.”

With a bow, Wheein heads off to the kitchen, Hyejin still unmoving on her bed. It's on her way to the kitchen that she spots the cameras. Right. They're filming for I Live Alone, and after countless attempts to convince her, Wheein finally relents to Hyejin's wish to show a day with just the two of them.

She pointedly looks away from the camera, pretending she never saw it. She mentally pats herself on the back for not giving her girlfriend the usual good morning kiss, not that Wheein does it a lot. Hyejin initiates it 9 out of 10 times, so maybe it's her inability to properly express herself that she should be thankful of.

One similarity that they have is the fact that they're both not very organized. They've come a long way since they were trainees when Yongsunnie would scold them practically everyday for being messy, but with Hyejin rooming with their leader and Wheein rooming with Byulyi-unnie (who also likes it clean and organized), they've both learned how to be an acceptable level of neat.

Taking the loaf of bread from Hyejin's snack pile, Wheein can't help but think that if Yongsunnie were there, she'd have reorganized half the kitchen to clean up. Thankfully, Hyejin rarely cooks outside of instant noodles and microwavable foods so her frying pan isn't in the sink with the other unwashed dishes.

She picks a playlist with a soft morning vibe in her phone, and starts cooking.

Wheein's softly singing to Honey when she hears the soft pitpat of Hyejin's footfalls. She doesn't turn around even as she feels Hyejin's stare on her back, and merely proceeds to flipping the bread. She counts up to nine seconds before she feels Hyejin's arms wrapping around her waist and nuzzling her neck.

Hyejin makes a humming sound. “French toast?”

Wheein fights a smile. “I'm frying your sausage too, because I know you'll get hungry if you only eat bread.”

“Eggs too~”

“Yes, yes. I'll fry the eggs where I dipped the bread in. It will be extra fluffy because of the milk.”

“Wow~” Hyejin rubs her cheek against Wheein's. “What did I do to deserve such treatment? I feel like a royal meal is being prepared for me.”

“I'm not so sure about a royal meal,” Wheein wiggles a little, using her to push Hyejin away and towards the general direction of the bathroom, “but it's getting late, so please get your royal to the bathroom and freshen up. We're leaving after breakfast.”

Hyejin groans. “Alriiiiiggghhhtt. Tch, So much for being queen.” She mumbles childishly while heading to the bathroom.

Wheein grins at the side comment. “Sorry, I meant, 'Please get your royal to the bathroom, your majesty.'”

Hyejin dramatically gasps. “The insolence. You shall now be hanged for the blatant disrespect! What do you have to say for yourself?”

“I'd say hanging me means you don't get to eat the breakfast I just made.” Wheein said, turning around to show Hyejin the pile of French Toast she had just finished cooking while they talked.

Hyejin looks ready for a bite as she says, “You're pardoned. You are now once again free to make me more meals in the future.”

Wheein laughs this time, unable to continue their silly role play anymore. She lifts her leg up and pushes Hyejin away with her foot when she tries to grab a piece, all the while balancing on one foot and keeping the pan away from her best friend. “Just go, or I'll confiscate your eggs!”

Hearing Hyejin's silly giggle only makes Wheein grin wider.

She's plating the eggs when Hyejin's Don't Give It to Me starts playing. It's a really good song, Wheein can admit, but she does wish Loco could've made his crush on her girlfriend less obvious. Plus, Hyejin is the queen of fan service. Those stages they did where Hyejin flirted with Loco had made Wheein uncomfortable, and the only thing that kept her jealousy at bay was Hyejin's incredibly worried and guilty face when she asked Wheein's permission to act like that during promotions.

Thinking back to that time always makes Wheein feel guilty. It had been work. Hyejin shouldn't have needed to ask her permission. Wheein should've handled her jealousy better, but sweet and kind Hyegi always puts other people's feelings over her own.

“Wow, you're really going for my heart this morning, Miss Jung.”

Wheein turns her head to find Hyejin looking at her in that cutesy provocative way, making her burst out laughing. Hyejin struts over to her in response, exaggerating every step, before joining in with the song.

“Don't come to me, don't. Don't cross the line, please.” Hyejin shakes her cutely, directing it at Wheein, and she has to put the pan down before she drops it in laughter. “Don't give me alcohol, don't. I might try to make it work with you if I'm drunk.”

After making sure that there won't be any kitchen accidents, Wheein gets into her role, posing against the kitchen counter to watch Hyejin while harmonizing with her. “Don't give me alcohol, oh baby. It'll only bring regrets. Don't give me courage, oh baby. I know it will only last today.”

Taking her cue, Wheein starts her rap, trying to channel her inner guchahae to make herself sound cooler. “If you want me to be sincere, don't give me that drink. I'll say bull and do the devil's dance.”

Hyejin's appreciative 'Whoa~' is enough to give Wheein a boost of confidence to continue, stepping closer to Hyejin as she raps. “A cool breeze blows outside, but the world is still harsh. I want to keep you only at my side.”

The moment they're close to touching, Wheein spins around, walking towards the other side of Hyejin's kitchen to put some distance between them, winking as she did so. “Women are all the same. No, women who had drinks are all the same. Saying I don't see anyone else but you is just saying I forgot everything else but you.” She smirks at Hyejin as she leans against the counter, liking the way her girlfriend is eying her like she's the iest person in the room.

“So don't give me a drink, Hyejin-ah!” Hyejin begins to approach her. “I'm lonely enough when I'm sober.”

“Wheein-ah!”

Wheein can only smile brightly at Hyejin as she continues to rap, the other girl getting closer to her with every line she spits out, until Hyejin is practically pressing her back against Wheein's front. Her hands automatically goes to Hyejin's waist, unable to stop herself as she finishes, “Let's just enjoy and toast with a cup of tea.”

Hyejin suddenly steps away from her as she sings, and Wheein follows instinctively. “Don't give me alcohol, oh baby. It'll only bring regrets.” Hyejin pushes her back when she's close, wagging a finger at her. “Don't give me courage, oh baby. I know it will only last today.”

Wheein retreats to the other side of the kitchen, but her gaze kept locked on Hyejin's. It's amazing, how utterly alluring her best friend can be even with her face bared, wearing a cutesy sunflower printed pajamas and her hair wrapped in a towel. Wheein wonders how she could've been so lucky to be standing right here at this moment.

“One shot, two shot, I don't want to empty these glasses.”

“Don't get me feeling good anymore.”

“One shot, two shot, I don't want to empty these glasses.”

“Don't make eye contact like you're making a toast.”

Slowly, they get pulled towards each other like magnets, unable to stay away when they're staring at each other like that.

“One shot, two shot, I don't want to empty these glasses.”

Wheein's gaze drops down to Hyejin's lips as she gently put her hands on her best friend's hips.

Hyejin hums her part, tapping Wheein's nose with a finger and causing Wheein to meet her eyes once more, before wrapping her arms around Wheein's neck.

When Hyejin's part comes back, Wheein immediately improvises, rapping a little softly to add a layer to Hyejin's wonderful vocals.

“I don't care who you are. Don't make me cry. I don't care who you are.”

“Let me get to know you without a drink. My feelings will last longer than tomorrow. Just don't give me alcohol.”

It takes Hyejin a mere second to register and adjust to the change, just as Wheein expected. They start to sway left and right, slightly off tempo, as they both continued to sing. It's the first time she's rapped this song with Hyejin, not wanting her best friend to know that she had made her own version for it. Maybe she doesn't sound as cool as Loco, but she has the dance moves to make up for it (and also years of being with Hyejin and spending time with her).

As the song starts to fade—why would you end a song with a fade out? Seriously, this song's one fatal flaw—Hyejin leans her head down so that their foreheads are touching, still holding each other. Wheein tilts her head upwards to boop her nose with the taller girl's and it makes Hyejin let out that cute little giggle that she's always loved.

“Careful, Jung Wheein.” Hyejin says with a smile that reaches her eyes, “If you keep doing such sweet things, I'll have keep you with me forever.”

“Didn't you already sign my adoption papers?” Hyejin has to lean away as she splutters. Wheein just giggles as she speaks. “You're not allowed to abandon me, Hyejinnie. The pet adoption contract says so.”

They just laugh together for several seconds, Hyejin clutching her stomach and trying to hold onto Wheein while she just leans against Hyejin, laughing loudly and without a care of how stupid they must look.

It takes a full minute for their laughter to die down, and Hyejin wastes no time pushing her towards the bathroom, slapping her at the same time. “Now go shower while I make tea! We're gonna be late if you don't move your .”

Wheein gasps dramatically, rubbing her back as she looked at Hyejin with a shocked face. “My doesn't deserve this violence!”

“You're… pfffft!” Hyejin splutters when Wheein suddenly wiggles her at her, with a provocative face but 100% adorable because it makes her look so much like a puppy.

Hyejin is still laughing as she chokes out, “You… shiba inu… haehaehae… you look like a puppy.”

Wheein pouts at Hyejin. “Won't Hyejinnie bathe her pet puppy then?”

“Ohmygod, just get in there!”

It's difficult to just ignore all the cameras in Hyejin's house, but after a while, Wheein has become accustomed enough that she's relaxed. Besides, the show's entire concept is to show the daily lives of celebrities. Why be different than usual?

That is her exact thought as she got out of Hyejin's bathroom after taking a shower, wearing only a sportsbra and her pajama bottoms as she towels her hair dry. She's shown more skin in concerts and music shows, but if her current appearance ends up being too revealing to be broadcast-able, then they can just cut the scene out.

It's not like a lot of things are gonna happen before she's dressed.

“Hyejin, did you move my clothes?” Wheein calls from Hyejin's crowded closet. She could swear they cleaned all these c

Please log in to read the full chapter