CHAPTER 3

baby blue

“Wannie wants to eat! Seulseul, let’s go! Let’s go!” Seungwan jumped up and down while running with Seulgi tailing behind.

“Okay, okay Wannie slow down, or you will fall!” Seulgi walked faster to catch up with Seungwan.

And her words became true as Wannie trips over herself. Luckily, a pair of arms grab her before she fell right onto the ground.

“Oh dear, be careful! Why is there a child here,” Turns out it was Amber, and Krystal was also right beside her? Seulgi quickly ran towards them and gave a slight head fist to Seungwan.

“See! What did unnie tell you Wannie, walk slowly!” Seungwan pouted then turn to look at Amber and Krystal with curiosity. Realising the situation, Seulgi makes a quick introduction and just as expected, Amber and Krystal did not remember Wendy as well.

“Well, hi Wannie! I am Amber, and she is Krystal! You are adorable!” She then proceeds to pinch Seungwan’s fluffy cheek while smiling brightly towards the toddler. Although Krystal seems cold, she also pats Seungwan’s head and smiles to the little girl. Seungwan stood there, cheeks and ears bright red from the attention while the unnies were cooing at her.

As they were all going to the same place, they decided to get food together. And of course, the two new unnies loved Seungwan as well. Amber also propose to take care of Seungwan when the members go for rehearsals which Seulgi was more than a delight to accept the offer. The members were worried about Seungwan when they perform as she only sticks with them. Manager unnie is also busy, and Amber’s offer sure saves the day.

After eating, the members went for the rehearsals. Seungwan is now in Amber’s arms alongside with Krystal cheer the members at the audience seats. Seungwan even tried to sing along which surprised Amber and Krystal of her talent for singing. They clapped and cheered loudly, which results in gaining attention from the members. They saw Amber and Krystal waving and a little fluff ball smiling so brightly they wonder what they have done in their past lives to be able to cherish a fluffball like Wannie. Seeing this, the members gained more energy than before and performed perfectly (as they always do!) for the rehearsals.

When the members came down from the stage, they went straight to Seungwan. After bidding farewell to Amber and Krystal, they went back to the waiting room.

The members were getting dressed and makeup by turns. Joohyun and Seulgi got ready first while Sooyoung and Yerim were doing a puzzle with Seungwan. A knock from the door and Taeyeon walked in. She came here to hang out with her favourite hoobaes. She was shocked to see a child in their waiting room. After brief explaining from the members, she understood the situation and stood awkwardly by the side. Taeyeon was not good with children. (Kyungsan and Sarang haha) Last time, Sarang did not even kiss her even though she gave Yoona one afterwards.

Yerim laughed at her unnie standing there awkwardly and called her to come and play with Seungwan too. Seungwan also waves her hands and show her million-dollar smile which Taeyeon inwardly melts, so she went closer to them too. It is a wonder now that everyone that met Seungwan would immediately fall for her charms. Well, it is safe to say that it works the same for Taeyeon. She played happily with Seungwan, and this time, Taeyeon’s request for a kiss was not rejected. Taeyeon is more than happy now as finally, a kid likes her. She smiles like a proud aunt after Seungwan gave her a kiss on her cheeks, which makes the members laughed out loud. Seulgi uploaded a video of Seungwan acting cute on her private account as she wants to share it to her friends (also secretly boasting that she has a lovely angel with her right now). Little did she knew, she accidentally uploaded it onto their public shared account instead. Netizens were immediately shocked, and the video went on viral in no time. The members did not know about it until manager unnie came in and told them the news.

The netizens were spreading fake news like this is Joohyun’s daughter (Sooyoung: OH, wow unnie even in the public eyes you are a mother hahaha, and she gets hit by Joohyun) or Yerim’s got a new sister. Since it is not a bad scandal, manager unnie said it's okay to clarify that this is Joohyun’s niece and keep the video. Seulgi immediately nodded and posted another picture of Seungwan this time explaining things up.

As usual, the members received positive comments from their trusty reveluvs with comments like Seungwan is an adorable kid and it would be a pleasure to see her more in their account in the future. Adverse reactions also appeared which commented that it is unprofessional that Red velvet is taking care of kids while working and that they are using a kid to gain more publicity which the members just ignored and reported those comments.

 

The members then went along with their performance. This time, Seungwan is taken care of by Taeyeon, and together they cheer and watch Red Velvet’s performance from the tv in the waiting room.

Seungwan then ran near to the stage exit, holding a bouquet of flowers that manager unnie bought and happily embrace the return of her unnies. Sooyoung carried the toddler into her arm and they all gave her a big smooch on her cheeks.

‘Unnie, unnie!!! You guys are the best!!!” The smile on the members’ faces was so big that it might tear their cheeks apart at this rate. They had a group hug and squeezed each other tightly. They took a group picture with the help of manager unnie and went back to their waiting room to get ready for the final stage.

As they were changing, Seungwan kept on saying that her unnies are so good, they are the best which the members can’t help but laugh at her cuteness. Seungwan is still the butter Wannie they know even as a toddler. Just then, manager unnie came in and suggested that maybe the girls can bring Seungwan to upstage for the final song.

‘I think it is better for her to get used to exposure to a lot of people first. Since your flight back is a public schedule, there are sure many fans and reporters. They will be even close to you guys comparing on stage. Might as well let little Seungwan here get used to crowds first,”

The members agreed with that manager unnie said. The last thing they want is for Seungwan to get frightened by the large crowd in the airport. They totally forgot that their flight back will reach Korea in noon.

Seungwan was then changed into an XXS size of the SMTOWN concert T-shirt. But even so, it was too big as the shirt was adult size. She wore the white T-shirt like a dress, looking like a fluffy marshmallow. Red velvet’s stylist also helped to tie little Seungwan’s hair into two little buns on top. Nonetheless, the members once again fell under her charm and took tons of pictures.

Before going onto the stage, Yerim carried Seungwan into her arms. Seulgi put a noise-cancelling headphones on for her to prevent her from being attacked by loud music and screaming from the audience.

With then, they walked on stage. Needless to say, the audience was shocked to see a child in Yerim’s arm but easily recognised Seungwan from the post earlier. The audience near to the stage waved to her and called her name.

Seungwan was a little afraid to see so many people so she cuddled closer in Yerim’s arms. Yerim pats her back while walking slowly around the stage, showing her around. She also turns on the concert’s lightstick for Seungwan to hold which Seungwan find it fun to wave along to the music. Slowly, Seungwan was getting more comfortable on stage. With some coaxing from Sooyoung, she also waved back to the audience. And if possible, the cheers from the audience got louder as the camera was on her.

Yerim let Seungwan down and Joohyun held her hand instead. They walked around the stage with Seungwan happily waving the lightstick. The other SM artists also greeted her and commented on how cute she was. Amber literally grabbed Seungwan and threw her into the air, eliciting giggles from the child.

At the end of the performance, everyone stood in line and bow to the audience, thanking them for coming. Seungwan bowed as well while holding hands with Joohyun and Taeyeon. And this marks the end of the concert.