I: sauveour

white rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been over a month since Yujin was introduced to Minjoo, and ever since that day, the younger girl is always around her, and if not, she's training with her father or resting.


 

Minjoo learned that Yujin is two years younger than her, and she was indeed right when she said to herself that she's older than Yujin.


 

The princess learned a lot of stuff about the young guard. She also discovered that Yujin is very much like her Father, General Ahn, very playful and cheerful outside the battlefield and training grounds. She's still surprised over that since her first impression of Yujin is the exact opposite.


 

Since Yujin is a nice and playful kid, it didn't take long for Minjoo to be comfortable with her presence and the princess is starting to get used to her being around her at all times. Minjoo never gets bored because Yujin is funny and talkative but she knew her limits, she would stop talking when she sensed that the princess was not in the mood or getting distracted. The young guard would always tell her a story about anything random, like her trip to the Cristalline Kingdom and met the princess of the Kwon Family, how she killed three wild boars with her own bare hands (Minjoo is still bewildered because of that information up until today), and how good the dumplings are at the public market.


 

Minjoo enjoys listening, especially when Yujin talks about stuff happening around their Kingdom, outside the palace— because never in her life, she took a step outside the palace. Her Father, the King, is very strict about it. He always refuses to take her outside for safety purposes and Minjoo can't do anything but to understand and obey.


 

She's curious. She badly wanted to see the life outside. She wanted to talk and befriend the people who live under their rule. She wanted to play with some maidens in her age. She wanted to try those dumplings Yujin was talking about. And so much more.


 

Sure, she can see the whole view of the town from her bedroom's open window, but it's not enough. When there's a festival, she could only watch there in her room with jealousy bubbling up on her chest, she wanted to have fun with the townspeople too— the servants won't even talk to her much as her father forbids them until it was ordered by him or by the Queen.

 

 

The only friends she have are Princess Jang Wonyoung of the neighbouring kingdom, Zytalsia, who visits her two times a month— she secretly befriended a servant's daughter, Hitomi, and her cousins (if that counts), the Kim twins— Yongbok and Chaewon who also rarely visit her because their manor is located at the rural area of Beairterre— plus Yujin, she also consider her as a friend now.


 

The King especially doesn't want her to associate with lads or male servants. He once exiled a male teen servant who accidentally touched her hair years ago. It's a memory that Minjoo badly wants to erase from her brain.



 

“Your Highness!”


 

Minjoo turned to where the voice came from, and closed her book. She smiled when she saw Yujin running towards her with a big grin and she's holding a bow and a dusty brown bag. The young warrior looks like she just got out from her training judging from the mud on her face, clothes, and hands, she can also spot some bruises and cuts on her cheek. The princess did hear from Yujin that General Ahn's way of training her started to go harsher as she's already growing up.


 

“Hehe, I just came from my training! I ran here as fast as I could after Father dismissed me because I knew you'll be lonely without me!” Yujin said, grinning like an idiot. The princess blinked, she was flattered with the younger one's words.


 

She set the book aside, and turned her full attention to the dirty Yujin who's still smiling at her. “I'm flattered… But as much as I want to talk with you, the dirt on your body is bothering me. Can you wash at least? You can use my bathroom.” The princess said softly and Yujin nodded, giving her a thumbs up. “Of course, princess! If it'll make you comfortable! Wait for me, I won't take long!” She said, dashing to the bathroom to wash, immediately taking off her clothes and cleaned herself in a hurry because she doesn't like Minjoo to wait for her.


 

After a few minutes, she came out from the bathroom wearing fresh clothes and all of the dirt from her body was long gone. She waddled over to Princess Minjoo's study table and spotted her reading a book. It's not a shock that the princess loves reading as it's one of the main things she does to kill time.


 

“What're you readin'?” Yujin asked, leaning over. Minjoo looked up. “Oh, it's a book of etiquette. I have my etiquette class coming up in fifteen.” She replied, before continuing to read making the young guard pout.


 

“Ehhh? Then I wouldn't be able to share you a story about my day?” She sulked, sitting on the table, beside Minjoo. The princess chuckled, and closed the book again then pushed it away from her reach then looked at Yujin. “Fifteen minutes is long enough. Tell me, how's your day, little warrior. What's in store?” She asked and rested her chin on her palm, ready to listen to Yujin's story about her day. Unlike her, Yujin is always outside and many interesting things happen in her life, while her— she's stuck in this beautiful but boring palace, doing the same routine everyday so there's nothing special about her day.


 

Yujin's eyes glimmered in excitement. “Well, there's this new stall at the central market! They sell buns, and it's absolutely fantastic! I can't wait for you to taste it! Absolute heaven, princess, I say to you.” She said with lots of excitement and joy on her voice, even clapping her hands and ecstatic. Minjoo laughed a bit, then nodded sheepishly. “Well, it does sound delightful, little warrior but remember, I can't go outside, right?” She replied lowly, and solemnly, making Yujin's smile fade.


 

“Oh, right,” The young guard exclaimed weakly and after a few seconds, her eyes lit up again. “Don't worry, princess! I'll buy it for you and sneak it in here tomorrow, I promise! And also those dumplings!” She said, eyes burning with determination and Minjoo grinned, Yujin's plan sounds nice. “Really? Well then, be careful sneaking it in. I'm excited for tomorrow.” She happily chirped.


 

Yujin nodded eagerly, and patted her chest. “I will and I promise.” She said and showed her pinky finger. Minjoo was puzzled and just stared at it. “Oh! We should intertwine our pinky fingers to seal the promise!” She said, and leaned her hand closer to the princess.


 

Minjoo slowly lifted her arm and showed her pinky, Yujin intertwined them then grinned. A gentle smile slowly formed on the princess' lips and Yujin spoke again.


 

“I also promise to sneak you out of this palace and show you the outside world, the real world. I firmly promise that, princess.” She said, her tone serious— eyes firing in determination and Minjoo can feel her heart warms.



 



 

The first time Yujin saved her life fully was when the rebel bandits attacked their kingdom. The bandits targeted the princess and planned to kidnap her, but Yujin managed to save her but...


 

“L-Let go of me, you sly b-bandits!” Minjoo shouted as she tried to get off from the bandit's strong grip.

 

It's been almost two years since Yujin became her guard and this happened. The rebels infiltrated the palace to kidnap the heiress and use her as a bait.


 

The bandit just smirked. “No, princess~ I already caught you~” He chirped and laughed. Minjoo wanted to cry, she felt so helpless and she can feel that it's already her end. She watched the royal guards trying to fight with the rebel bandits but they won't even stand a chance even if they outnumbered the bandits as they're much stronger and more powerful than them.



 

The princess screamed, trying to escape but she's so weak and it triggered the bandit who's holding her. “Shut up if you don't want me to put scars all over your porcelain skin!” He hissed, tightening his hold. Minjoo cried and prayed silently.


 

Few minutes before the bandits appeared and attacked the palace, Yujin excused herself to go to a royal guard to inform him that there's something odd and tighten the security. Minjoo remembered how the bandits entered her room and grabbed her then took her out to the palace grounds where the fight is currently happening. is already hoarse from all the screaming and crying.


 

“Y-Yujin…” She muttered, tears endlessly flowing from her eyes. She knew only Yujin could save her but where is she?


 

“Save m-me,” Minjoo whispered, feeling so weak and tired, she can feel her consciousness slipping slowly. The bandit scoffed. “The hell are you saying— !”


 

The bandit was surprised to see that three of his men were already down when he just blinked once. “What sorcery is this!” He looked around and saw the others are already down too, bleeding and all of them are lifeless, he tightened the grip on his sword as he firmly held the princess with his one arm, readying himself to the unknown beast lurking around.


 

His eyes widened when he saw a kid running towards his men, stabbing them with a dagger swiftly until they were all down. And he only remained with the equally afraid and bewildered princess on his arm.


 

“Y-You! How…!” The leader of the bandits' voice breaks as fear takes over him, his eyes shaking.


 

Yujin growled, throwing the bloody dagger in the air and swiftly grabbed it in mid-air to scare the bandit, posing in a fighting stance. Her eyes are bloodshot and deep red— rage written all over them, there's a cut on her cheek and her lips are wounded. She looked like a furious wolf, ready to kill and devour her enemy.


 

“Hands off my princess.” She hissed, scowling when she saw that Minjoo looked hurt. She can feel her sight started to go red when Minjoo cried and called her name in a weak and hoarse voice. The bandit was threatened and took a step backwards. “A-And what if I don't?” He challenged with his whole body trembling in fear because this kid is not ordinary at all.


 

It's a mistake, he provoked her and it's too late when he realizes that the kid is an Ahn, a fierce ruthless wolf.


 

“Then die.” Yujin huffed and moved forward. The bandit just blinked and the kid was nowhere to be seen, he's alerted but before he could even move, he can feel something piercing him from behind. He froze and after a few seconds, his sight darkened and fell on the ground, lifeless as blood endlessly flowed from his stabbed skin.


 

Minjoo just stood there, frozen in shock, her knees were trembling. She can't process what happened. She cant believe that she saw Yujin kill all these bandits in over a few minutes with her own eyes.


 

Her knees gave up and fell on the grassy ground, hurriedly crawling away from the lifeless body of the bandit while choking a cry.


 

“P-Princess,” She heard Yujin called her with a soft tone.


 

Minjoo looked at her slowly. The young guard is standing there, eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter