Chapter 2

Marry set... RUN!

“ROSEEEEEE!!!!”

Mrs. Oh, Sehun's mother, jaw just drops. The elegant lady from a few moments ago no longer exists: everyone meets hysteria in person . With three large ludicrous steps she throws herself towards the table and starts throwing everything she can grab  towards the girl's father, screaming like crazy: “You screwed me up! You're ruining my life! Ever since I met you, you’ve been the biggest thorn in my side… .ARGH !!!! How much I hate all of you…I hate you with all my senses, I hate you from the bottom of my ing heart !!! And your daughter? ! A rascal..  A monster !!! ”.

Mr. Kim, annoyingly insensitive, keeps his calm and takes a few steps back indifferent at woman's words. With his hands he dodge unimpressed the cream cake that comes straight to his chest. While the cake rolls gloriously in the grass, he the cream left on his fingers while in pleasure and then responds to the woman amused by her whole scene: “Calm down, lady! If we knew you were doing a show, we would also sell tickets to cover the expenses! So you say you have a heart? Mmm where? Others are starving and you throw food on the floor… I guess some people really forget where they came from? ”. Mrs. Kim suddenly becomes pale and all she manages to do is sigh long before throwing herself on the nearby chair. As expected, she breaks down in a ugly cry, but everyone is even more shocked when she starts pulling her hair and shouting from all over her chest in an unrecognizable voice: “This girl is killing us! Straight to the grave! ”. The man rolls his eyes unimpressed by the representation of his own wife, from now on he was used to all her crises. After all, they were married for so many years, he would’ve been more shocked to see her acting calm. As he walks towards Sehun, who has not  risen yet from the ground, he tells his wife with sweetness : “Oh dear! But please leave your hair alone! If you still pull a lot of it, tomorrow at the first hour we have to buy you a collection of wigs! Still not get it why you’re so surprised… our lovely daughter is as crazy as you!”.

When he reaches Sehun's side, he leans over after the fallen canvas . He smiles a little when he sees the unfinished girl’s work, he passes it in the other hand and places it in such a way that no one can see it. He grabs the young man by the arm and in one movement helps him to get up on  his feet. He analyzes the young man’s gestures for a few seconds. Of course he likes what he sees and a smirk occures on his face. Sehun is pale and scared, his lips are parted and somehow he seems to have forgotten how to breathe. This! This is the expression he would have killed for to provoke on the younger at their first contact three years ago, but looking better he begins to sympathize with him. Undoubtedly, he loves his daughter, but this time she kind of messed  up everything really bad. He grabs the boy by the shoulder clenching his fingers stoutly and shakes him in an attempt to wake him from the shock: “Breathe, Sehun! Come on, we're leaving! These two can pull their hair as much as they want. We’ll go somewhere quieter. " The  boy, still in shock, manage somehow  to nod and follow the girl's father through the same door on which she miraculously vanished.

The garden becomes full of whispers and everywhere echoes  words like: "Why did she ran away?", "Does she got anyone else?" "Sehun… sure Sehun doesn't behave nicely with her ...", "Maybe Sehun cheated on her and she found out", "Poor Sehun… is a good boy", "Rose is a er". In a blink of an eye, a whole war begins between the families of those who were to become a newly engaged couple. The women start to push themselves and from the crowd there is a "She ran away because she is a fool", and the answer is not long in coming "He is the fool who did not know how to keep such a woman". Men don't even bother with lines, they just exchange punches.

Do, Sehun's best friend, is shocked by the disaster his friend leaves  behind. But the shock don't stop here, they keep coming  like on the conveyor belt. The girl's father, an experienced man, predicted well, the two mothers continued exchanging remarks while throwing cakes at each other. Do fails to follow the threats in the conversation between the two because he is interrupted by a grumpy voice from behind him: “You just stay there like a er! You're Sehun's friend and you're like pokerface! Do something!  Send people home or maybe you want to drink in his honor that he remains a bachelor?”

The young man turns disgusted to the woman with the big mouth, whom he can't stand at all, even if she was Rose's best friend. He opens his mouth to answer, it was normal not to be silent in front of her, when a cake hits her in the perfectly styled bun from the top of her head. He gives an ironic smile to the girl and shouts as he walks to the hose pump hidden among the garden flowers: "Karma is a , Clarissa… wait the only is you." . In a few seconds a shower of cold water hits everyone standing in the garden.

 Everyone remains still and shocked for a few seconds and then everyone takes their things and heads for the exit. They realized that the situation was very awkward and embarrassing. The waiters gathered at the door of the garden and they became spectators of a lame show.

Never in the restaurant history  something so outrageous or  embarrassing happened before. The two mothers do not stop even for a second: now they are even more caught up in their quarrel. Mrs. Oh has her fingers tightly clenched in Mrs. Kim's hair, which doesn't back up either and tears Mrs. Oh’s lace off her chest.

 

 

The young man call in vain for the 45th time the woman who supposed to become his fiancée.


"Sehun…"  the girl's father starts talking as he puts two ice cubes in the glass placed in front of the boy. “After so many years you know Rose... That's how she is… wild and stupid… and that's why you fell in love with her "he takes a short break in which he pours whiskey over the ice" We are both men so I will talk openly with you. I like you and I want you to answer with only yes or no: did she ran away because you cheated on her? ”. The boy's eyes widen and he grimaces at the question  of the man in front of him.

 "NO!" he answers firmly. Mr. Kim, who until now was serious, suddenly glows  and begins to smile. "Then be calm, my daughter most likely needs a little time." He starts laughing heartily just thinking about the situation created by the young woman “Don't doubt her love… look, I took the canvas that she dropped on the floor before running away. Just look at it… ”.

Sehun takes the canvas and is pleasantly surprised by what he sees: on the entire surface  was his gentle face, and in his eyes was reflected the image of her looking in love. In a few seconds all the tension disappears from his body. Thinking about the last few days… maybe he just rushed everything. Lately she no longer talked about their future life together as usual, but said that she did not know herself well enough, that she wanted to visit places she never saw before, that she wanted to meet new people, that most and most she wants to escape for a little while from her life like Rose Kim and to be just a certain Rose lost on a beach.

"Mr. Kim… I have to give her space and time. Maybe I rushed things… ”
"You know what? I don't regret anything: how else would I had a reason to drink with you in the morning? ” the man says laughing. "You're a good boy, Oh Sehun…" takes two big sips from his glass and then calls the waiter.
"Bring another bottle. It will be a long day. " Sehun looked questioningly at the man. He notices his bewilderment and responds with a grin. "We must let the ladies talk in their privacy, Sehun. It's not wise to intervene. "

 

 

"For sure that swamp creature is your daughter !!! Just as mad as you !!! ” Mrs. Oh screamed hoarsely while Mrs. Kim strangled her.
“Please, ladies !! Let's calm down! It's nobody's fault! ” Do revolved around them and tried to separate them.

“Watch out, Do! This woman is crazy! Maybe if I tell that I love her, she will run away like her daughter and would leave us alone!” Mrs. Oh doesn't give up and keeps putting salt on the wound. She pulls with a sudden movement from the other woman's grip and from her victorious pirouette he punch a head in Do's nose as he tries to separate them.
"Arghhhh !!!" the boy screams in pain and both women stop their grotesque act.

"Oh my!  Head on back,Do! ” Mrs. Kim grabs his arm with one hand and turn his head on back with the other. Mrs. Oh brings him a chair to sit down. The two women look at each other and begin to retouch each other's hair and dresses that were ruffled and unstitched in certain places on them. Mrs. Kim brings a chair for her boxing partner. She starts to smooth her hair and retouch it a bit with hairpins. Mrs. Oh gets up and walks to the flowers in the garden where she knows she threw away one of Mrs. Kim's high hills. When she returns, she helps her to put on her shoes and straightens her dress.

"Waiter! Unbottle us a bottle of champagne! "Mrs. Kim breaks the silence.
"And when it’s almost empty open a new one… and keep going with the process." Add Mrs. Oh.
The two women sit down at the table and start talking about how they can repair Mrs. Oh's dress that was torn in battle.

 

 

 

"Damn it! You beated the out of me for the third time! I didn't know you played chess so well, Sehun. You pleasantly surprised me. " The young man begins to laugh proudly of him. The man eagerly sipped his glass of whiskey, spreading his tie around his neck.
"Mr. Kim, what can I say? I gained experience. Rose always beats me at chess, I learned everything I know from her. " The boy responds very euphorically. The man puts his hand to his heart and pretends to be in pain.
"Ahhh it hurts, my own daughter betrayed me." Sehun continues to laugh after sipping greedily from the glass placed in front of him. "And leave the formalities… from now on call me by my little name… Chul. " The boy nodded.
“Okay Mr. Kim… Mr.  Chul…Chul. " Says the boy, stammering.

"Good." He adds while raising the glass in honor of the boy. "And from now on I expect you to come to visit us more often. Rose didn't bring you home too often… now I understand the reason: you are an interesting person and she didn't want to share you with anyone. I'm waiting for you tomorrow. We can play billiards or we can go up through the woods with ATVs. Do you like to make models? Or maybe you'd rather go fishing? ” Sehun starts laughing.

"Mr. Kim… Chul… if you give me so much attention I might run like Rose ”the man starts laughing profusely while holding on the table trying not to fall off the chair. "First let's wait and see what Rose does, I hope she's fine and returns home tonight… maybe she's already home and waiting for me." The boy returns with his feet on the ground reanalyzing the situation again.
"Let her wait, she deserves to grind a little. She did an atomic today. " The girl's father tells Sehun before sipping from the glass.

 

"Ladies, please! Just stop... It's the fourth bottle of champagne… ” Do was pulling the fifth bottle from Mrs. Oh's hand.
"Listen" she hiccuped "here" followed by another hiccup "I don't know who invited you to stay with us." Mrs. Oh adds with dizziness.
"We invited him, dear! You forgot?" Mrs. Kim starts laughing as she holds on to the table so she doesn't fall off her chair.
"Oh dear, you're right!" both ladies laugh heartily as Do puts his forehead on the table.
"Please, let's go home…it's late …we've been here for more than 10 hours. The place will close soon… ”
“Shhhh Do! If you have accepted our invitation to stay, then be good! ” Mrs. Kim warns the boy as she sticks her index finger to her lips, signaling him to shut up.

 

"Mrs. Kim, I'm so sorry" Mrs. Oh grabs the other woman's hands. "Rose is a good girl.” She uttered many words.
"Oh Mrs. Oh, it's not true… My Rose is a spoiled brat… I don't know how she found a boy as good as Sehun… Your boy is so gentle and well educated." Mrs. Kim answers just as incoercibly.
"Now kiss and let's go home!" Do gets angry and starts screaming at the two women.
"Oh my! Don't be a jerk Do! ” Mrs. Oh yells at the boy as she points at him as a threat but the only problem was that she was seeing two instead of one.

"Leave him alone, my dear! He's young and he needs a girlfriend, that's why he's so stiff! Let's find him a girlfriend! ” Mrs. Kim adds as she crosses her eyes, unable to focus.
"Yeah! I have a friend  who has such a beautiful girl… or Clarissa… she looks like a good girl. ” The boy grabs his head in exasperation.
"Thank you for the offers, ladies. My girlfriend, Maya, wouldn't be too happy with your ideas. "
"Pfff he has a girlfriend… I can’t believe it… he's too stiff…" Mrs. Kim comments to Mrs. Oh.
"I think you’re right"

 

 

 

"Haaaaa! I beated you, Sehun! Eat dirt! How it feels  to be a loser ?! ” the boy laughs at Chul's remark, who is beating the table enthusiastically.
"Congratulations for a single match won out of 6." The boy says with a grin. Mr. Kim starts laughing. A call interrupts their fun.

"Hello? Do? What happ…? ”Sehun didn't finish his sentence as the boy at the end of the other line started to yell.
"I WILL KILL YOU WITH MY OWN HANDS, OH SEHUN!"
"Do, what happened?" the boy rose from his chair, frightened by the tone of his friend's voice.
"Come and get your mother and mother-in-law from the restaurant… I'm here with them since this morning !!!!"
“Lord Do… why didn't you said something earlier? He nods to Chul that it's time for them to leave. "We're coming right away." they throw the money for consumption on the table, take their things and leave the place.

 

After an hour of intense entreaties they managed to get the two women out of the restaurant with great scandal. They paid all the damages and the expenses then apologized to the manager for the problems caused. Sehun took Do and his mother home with a taxi. He barely managed to carry his mother up the stairs from the entrance of the house, but he couldn't get her to bed. He left her lying on the floor in the middle of the living room and covered her with a blanket.

 

All he wants is to get home and find Rose. He can't lose her… he holds the canvas tightly in his arms and thinks that maybe it was just a nightmare and soon he will wake up and everything will be fine.

 

The taxi leaves him in front of the building where him and Rose live together. After taking a deep breath he starts running up the stairs. The elevator has not been working for a few months so he should be used with climbing stairs, but actually he feels like his legs are made of jelly, and his heart is almost jumping out of his chest. He tightens the canvas in his arms and keep running. When he reaches the door he remains still without breathing. * Please be home *. The door is locked…he  unlocks it with clumsy movements and turn on the light in the hallway. Turn on the lights in all the rooms, look for her in every room, including closets and storage closet… she's nowhere. He feels like he's running out of air. He can't breathe anymore. His whole body is numb, and his mind is blocked. He sits on the living room floor. Everything is the same as he left in the morning… nothing is unchanged, the girl clearly did not return home.

 

* Rose, I don't know what to do… I still can’t believe you're not home…with every second that passes I expect you to show up from somewhere and bite my cheek… I don't understand what's going on, all I know is that it hurts very, very much… I know I have no oxygen without you… where are you? *