one.

mudita.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park were still wearing their wedding attires as of this moment.

Jiyong's hair is still perfectly gelled, he's wearing a black tuxedo with a black bow to match. Sandara on the other hand, her wedding bun was reduced to a messy bun now but that does not mean she's any less beautiful than before. Her complexion was white along with her white wedding dress. The only splash of colour that can be seen on her face was the lipstick she's adoring since the start of their wedding.

Kwon Jiyong drove in silence, not knowing how to iniatiate a conversation. Odd, he thinks. He used to have no problem initiating any conversation with Dara but this time around he thinks it's better for him to keep his mouth shut instead for he has no idea what to say. The same thought enters Dara's mind. She's usually the talkative one, but tonight it feels like a taboo to even utter a single word.

They were heading to their new home, that's what Jiyong said before they began their journey. Sure, of course they were going to be staying together. They were husband and wife now. Think of it like sleepovers. Sleepovers that will probably last forever. Although Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park used to have sleepovers all the time when they were kids, this time around it felt strange.

After thirty minutes of driving, the newlyweds finally reached their new home. It was located in a nearby neighborhood, close to their parents house. It was actually Jiyong's house. He bought it around three years ago and decided he wants to live on his own. When he decided to live with her.

"I'll get the bags. You can enter the house first. Here are the keys", that's the first time Jiyong has uttered anything since they began their journey. Dara nodded and proceed to enter the house.

Dara turned the lights on and found that the house was beautiful. Nothing too modern or rustic, it doesn't really have a specific theme but it looks cozy and warm and most importantly it feels like.. Well it feels like..

"It feels like home", Kwon Jiyong said, startling Sandara Park out of her thoughts. She has been doing that lately. Wandering around entertaining this thoughts inside her head. It bothers her to no end but Jiyong doesn't need to know that.

"Come on, bedroom is upstairs", Jiyong ushers.

"Do you need some help with those?" Dara said while eyeing her luggages Jiyong brought with him.

"No, I'll manage. Now come on, you must be tired", Jiyong smiles and starts to make his way up the stairs. Sandara followed him closely behind. They were three rooms upstairs and a family area in the middle. Although she's close with Jiyong, she's never been here. Jiyong invited her to his house several times before to hang out but she always refused. Jiyong will always travel to her neighbourhood from time to time to spend some time with her. She will never go to Jiyong's place. Not when she's there.

Sandara continues to follow Jiyong until they entered what seems to be the master bedroom. Jiyong placed down her luggages in the corner of the room.

"Whose bedroom is this?" Dara asked while scanning the room. Of course the room screams Kwon Jiyong. From the walls to the furnitures. Black and white were the only colour she could see aside from her bright yellow baggage that Jiyong just brought in. She knows it was Jiyong's room but she sure hope it's not.

Jiyong looks at her, confused at her question. "Our room obviously? What else would it be?"

"Our? You mean we're going to sleep in the same room, on the same bed?" Dara looks at him, scandalized. That was not the answer she was expecting to hear to be honest. She was suprised when he said OUR. The reality of her married to Jiyong starts to sunk into her head. It didn't felt real before but now it does.

"Dara, we're married. If we're going to do this marriage thing, we'll have to do it right. I won't ask for more if that's what you're afraid of but at least let's try to make it work", Jiyong ignored the way Dara slightly flinched when he said the word 'married'. 

"And besides, we have countless sleepovers before. It'll be the same except you know, we're friends before but now we're married", Dara flinched again. Jiyong sighed looking at Dara in her frozen state. 'She's probably lost in her thoughts again'.

Quickly grabbing a towel, he head for the bathroom to clean himself up. He thought that it will probably be best to give Dara some space to settle in. Before he could enter the bathroom, Dara stopped him in his tracks. He was taller than Dara. Much much taller. Their height difference was what those people always called 'compatible'. He looks at Dara, puzzled by her actions.

"Why me? Why did you marry me Kwon Jiyong?" Dara scans his face, searching for something.

"Our parents were the one who arranged us together", Jiyong stated, as if it's a known fact for them both.

"No, I mean, why did you agree to it? You could've just said no. I mean why would you say yes anyway? It's obvious you're not over her yet?" Dara questions. Jiyong's decision confuses her up to this day. She needs to know the reason of the sudden yes.

"If it's obvious then why did you agree to it", Jiyong questions back.

"I did not. It was my parents"

"But you're the one saying 'I do' Dara. It was you so why did you do it", Jiyong stares at her, devoid of any emotions.

"You're not answering my question Jiyong", Dara sighed. Frustrated with how things are going. Clearly she's not getting any answers from him today. No, not today at least.

Jiyong smirks and sidestepped Dara to enter the bathroom. Before he close the bathroom's door he look at Dara, still frozen at her spot, looking directly back at him. Her eyes were filled with curiosity, it was stunning.

"And you're not answering my question as well my dear wife".

 

***

 

Sandara was in high school that day, gathering up all her stuff from her locker. Her teachers gave them tons of homeworks and she needs to bring some of these books home. Ugh, the agony! Her back will probably hurt from carrying all these heavy books. She slammed the locker door shut and was immediately greeted by a familiar face.

"Hey Dara, going home straight away?" he flashes his adorable toothy grin at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter