Whisper

Whisper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whisper – 2Yoo

 

 

Basically, it’s a normal university life for both Yubin and Yoohyeon. They live different lives in different departments, taking different courses. Of course, what people don’t know is that Yoohyeon has an ultimate crush on Yubin. Who wouldn’t? Everybody knows Yubin. Everybody adores Yubin.

 

Yubin from the musical department, studying classical music, the best pianist in the university.

 

But behind all those names slash titles Yubin acquired automatically, Yoohyeon knows something the whole school doesn’t. For her, she’s been on numerous dates with the popular student. But of course, Yubin doesn’t know about it. And it’s okay. For Yoohyeon, it’s okay to stay life that. To always have that small reality with Yubin to be just fiction for other people? It’s more than enough for her.

 

“Ya, Yoohyeon, you do know it’s required for juniors to attend the ball right? It takes up seventy percent of your final standing,” Siyeon reminded her. As friends since birth, Siyeon has always been her constant reminder of reality. And her reality is: chaotic. Always running to meet deadlines, submit everything on time.

 

“Siyeo-unnie, what if Yubin knows I exist?” she asked out of nowhere. Siyeon looked at her like she grew another head. “What? I see her every night.”

 

“Yeah, you do, but she doesn’t,” Siyeon answered her in a rather final tone. “Come on, we need to find dresses for the ball,” her friend pulled her out of the library, leaving that one good spot to see the one person she likes seeing the most: Yubin.

 

The store for their dresses pretty much screams rich. Yoohyeon can already imagine how her mother would scold her after buying such a dress. But it can’t be helped. Siyeon already chose her dark goth dress. But Yoohyeon? She can’t seem to decide. Is she gonna go with the blue dress? But the gold’s pretty too. Although the white one looks divine.

 

“I can’t decide,” she turned to Siyeon but the girl is busy listening to music. She kept looking back and forth the dresses she wants to buy. “Ah, whatever!” Yoohyeon went to cashier, gave her the blue dress.

 

Siyeon and Yoohyeon parted ways. She got home to her apartment and stretched her back on the comfy fur carpet on the floor. Yoohyeon reminded herself to call the home service to have the place clean. She sat up and called her family’s make up artist. It’s three hours before the ball and she must get ready. Knowing her mom, she’ll probably get scolded if she finds out that Yoohyeon will attend the ball looking normal.

 

Before everything else, Yoohyeon called her manager, “Kim Yoohyeon! I know what you’ll say. Don’t worry, Siyeon already called me and told me about that ball in your school!”

 

“Jiu-unnie, I’m sorry for not informing you earlier!” she whined.

 

The older girl laughed and told her, “It’s okay. Bora will cover your shift. She seemed okay when I told her to be here before opening.”

 

Yoohyeon stood up, hearing the doorbell ring, she opened the door, “Unnie, the make up artist is here already.”

 

She heard a loud voice from the other line, “Yoohyeon!!!! Make sure you score at least a smile from that Yubin girl you’ve been crushing on!” Bora, her workmate shouted.

 

Yoohyeon blushed scarlet and shouted back, “Mind your own business, Unnie!” before ending the call.

 

She sat in the middle of the living room while her make-up artist did wonders to her hair and face. “You’ll be the most beautiful girl tonight,” the make-up artist said.

 

Yoohyeon chuckled and thought of Yubin, “I’m not entirely sure about that.” She got her earphones and listened to music. Relaxing before a long night seemed a decent idea since she’s not entirely convince as to why she needs to attend something useless. Honestly speaking, Yoohyeon prefers to donate the money instead of using it to party with some people who are only there to have or look for a partner. She’s not interested. She’d rather be working her part time job.

 

~

 

“You look divine!” Siyeon exclaimed when they saw each other. The girl’s looking like the queen of the undead with her black dress and black themed make up.

 

“I mean, you know how my mom gets,” she shrugged.

 

Siyeon laughed and handed her a mask, “It’s not a masquerade ball if you don’t have a mask, Yooh.”

 

She took the mask and put it on. The mask had blue crystals around the left eye, which made it complement her blue dress that was freely dancing with the wind. They entered the venue and looked for a spot. Being students from the International Literature program, they found a decent place to stay before the party goes down. The place is near the food table, which works for Yoohyeon because who doesn’t like food? If she paid thousands for this party, might as well eat to her stomach’s desire.

 

The venue looked nice, if Yoohyeon would be honest. Decorated with crystals around with a white and gold motif, she can clearly see where the money went. The food didn’t look cheap too and that’s something that made her happy. The stage in front is well decorated and looked expensive. Probably the most expensive thing inside the venue is the mobile bar that is located just by the stage. Yoohyeon immediately imagined how loud the after party will be because of the unlimited and free flowing drinks. College is a stressful phase in life but it’s probably the most exciting since this is where people get to experience a lot of first times.

 

“Yah! Yoohyeon, I heard that Yubin’s gonna perform tonight. Are you ready?” Siyeon whispered. Of course, who is she kidding? One way or the other, Siyeon will find a way to get the line-up for tonight. It’s no surprise that Yubin’s going to perform. She’s one of the most prized students in the music department.

 

Speaking of Yubin

 

Yoohyeon looked around to find a particular short haired girl but she had no luck. “I need a drink,” she said.

 

When the party started, Yoohyeon feasted on the buffet table and took all the food she wanted to eat. She doesn’t care about what people will say because she already paid in full so why not enjoy her money?

 

“Enjoying?” a deep voice startled her. She knew that no one would see her in that position because she’s in a secluded area of the venue. Just before the fire exit wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter