You Make Me Feel Alive

You Make Me Real
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bussines is slow today; it usually is on weeknights, given that a café is not exactly a popular dinner destination. There are a couple of students scattered throughout the place, reading textbooks and taking notes. It's peaceful, with soft, classical music humming through the air, but not lonesome, the way Lisa likes it best. She smiles to herself as she wipes down the tables and chairs.

A sudden burst of noise shocks her into awareness and she looks up, startled, then watches in resigned amusement as a gaggle of teenage girls pause by the window, staring, pointing, and giggling at Jackson. She can't blame them, really; he looks absurdly handsome in his uniform, his face tense in concentration as he carefully cleans the equipment. Sometimes, she still can't quite believe that they are dating, that she is his girlfriend and that he is her boyfriend. Well, it's only been a month; surely she'll get used to the idea, eventually.

As if he can feel all the eyes on him, Jackson glances up and meets her gaze from across the room. His lips spread in a slow smile and he quirks an inquisitive eyebrow. Lisa bites back a grin and slants her eyes back to the window where the girls are in a jittery frenzy, most likely from his dreamy smile.

He follows her line of sight and immediately frowns at the girls pointing at him conspicuously. Lisa stifles her giggle as she finishes cleaning the table and makes her way behind the counter.

Jackson is beside her in a flash, still frowning. "Why are those kids loitering outside?"

Lisa laughs softly, tilting her head at him. His face softens as he looks at her and really, he's too sweet for words. "They are admiring you."

His eyes widen in surprise. "Me? Why?"

Lisa blinks. "Because you are handsome." Her cheeks tint pink at the words that sound so cheesy coming out of , despite their sincerity.

Jackson stares at her blankly for a long second. Her cheeks flare hotter.

Then he smirks and Lisa can´t help but be charmed, despite the ominous feeling that he's about to cluster her very badly.

He takes a step closer to her and she unconsciously moves back, jolting when her hip bumps into the counter. Her eyes dart away from him, catching sight of the girls staring raptly at them.

"Jackson-"

He crowds her again against the counter until their bodies are almost glued together, hands planted firmly on the cool granite and his arms caging her in. Her hands flail frantically and land on

Please log in to read the full chapter