Chapter 15

Love under the Plum Blossom

[Nine Heavens]

Jungkook was with Hoseok.

"Third Uncle, do you know anything about High God Taehyung?"

Hoseok waves his fan, "I do know he is extremely fond of this disciple, Eunha... but to say a relationship, it seems he is closer to the Butterfly Monarch. It was said that before he sacrificed, the Butterfly Monarch was there.."

Jungkook nods, 'So Euna and High God Taehyung...'

 "I got it. Thank you Third Uncle."

Jungkook then leaves as Lisa enters behind.

"Where's the Crown Prince?"

"He already left..."

Lisa nods and Hoseok glances at her.

"Say, Princess Lisa. Aren't you going back to your home? Get your brother to arrange a marriage for you. Don't keep staying here and wait here for a long time."

"This..."

Hoseok sighs as he leaves. Jungkook went to the Jade Blossom Palace as Nari was in the courtyard, she had Galla on her back as she soothed him to sleep.

"Crown Prince."

Jungkook nods, "Clean up the chamber. There will be someone who comes in tomorrow."

"Who?"

"Eunha of Green Hill."

"Yes, Crown Prince."

Jungkook then leaves as Nari sighs.

"Even if she is the future Heavenly Empress... how can she..."


[Green Hill]

Eunji guards by Eunha as Eunha woke up.

"Great Lady."

Eunji helps Eunha sit up as she glances around.

"Where's Jungkook?"

"The Crown Prince brought the Young Highness back to the Nine Heavens."

Eunha nods as Eunji helps her stand up, Eunha walks to the lake outside the Fox Cave as She hands Eunji her outer wear. She stands near the lake as Eunji holds onto the coat and waits from a distance. Jungkook sees her and is reminded of the moment Eun jumps down the Immortal Execution Platform. He uses his magic and draws Eunha into his arms.

"Great Lady!"

Eunji sees that it's the Crown Prince and kneels down as Jungkook hugs Eunha tightly.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook hugged Eunha and kissed her furiously.

"Jung-"

He hugs Eunha tightly, "What were you doing near the lake...?"

Eunha smiles, "This... It was just a little stuffy, I wanted to cool down."

Eunji got up as Eunha wears her outer wear. Jungkook walks over the bridge with Eunha as Eunji follows them.

"How are you feeling?"

Namjoon and Seokjin approaches them.

"I'm fine."

Namjoon smiles, "I thought I'd have the chance to see you being beaten up. Who knew I'd miss it."

Eunha looks away, "I apologise for recovering faster than you expected. Made you miss such a good opportunity. It's a pity I wasn't experiencing a near-death experience."

Namjoon sighs, "I was just joking with you, why'd you have to take things so seriously?"

Eunha frowns as she begins to be hung up in anger.

"Fine fine, I made you angry. It seems like I won't get away with it if I don't use gifts to ask for forgiveness."

Namjoon hands Eunha a fan and Eunha takes it. She opens the fan to see drawings of the plum blossoms.

"Old Phoenix, you seem to know how to please me."

"Alright, let's go inside the Fox cave. I'm tired."

Namjoon and Seokjin turn to walk into the Fox cave as Eunha and Jungkook follows. Seokjin took back his old room while Eunha and Jungkook sit in the living room and play chess.

"Your Fourth Brother came back and took my study. So I can only pull you for a match of Go with me."

Eunha nods as she places a chess piece down.

"I have asked Eunji to pack your stuff, you will follow me to the Nine Heavens tomorrow."

"Nine Heavens?"

"The hot springs there will help you recover from the injuries you got."

Eunha nods, "It's a good time to visit the Nine Heavens anyway."

Jungkook smiles a little and places a chess piece down.


[Mortal Realm]

Yewon and Yoongi were caught in the rain in the palace.

"Leave the umbrella here and then go down."

The eunuchs who followed them bowed.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

They left and Yewon wiped the rain off Yoongi's forehead with her handkerchief.

"Your Majesty, the rain is so huge that even an umbrella wouldn't shelter us. We would have to be caught in the rain again."

Yoongi holds her hand and smiles, "You told me about your parents remember? You said your Father was strict but he loved your mother more than anything. He carried her in the rain while she held an umbrella so that your mother's shoes wouldn't get wet."

"Your Majesty... this..."

Yoongi turns and lowers himself, "I will carry you back."

"Your Majesty, this.. this doesn't follow the rules."

"Do I have to issue an Imperial Decree?"

Yewon smiles and grabs the umbrella as she climbs onto Yoongi's back. The two of them walked through the rain and finally returned to Yewon's Palace.

"Your Majesty, we still got wet in the rain."

Yewon takes a warm towel and wipes Yoongi's forehead.

"It seems like I couldn't shelter you enough. Your father seemed to be able to do it better than me."

Yoongi smiles as he sweeps Yewon's fringe. Yewon leans against Yoongi.

"Your Majesty, next time we should wait for the rain to pass then come back..."

"Alright."

Yewon smiles as she thinks about Sanha's words again.


[Green Hill, Fox Cave]

Eunha was walking around the Fox cave as Eunji approaches her.

"Great Lady, I'm so honoured that I'm able to go to the Nine Heavens with you."

Eunha smiles, "Well this is all thanks to Lord Jungkook."

Eunji nods as she follows Eunha. Jungkook approaches them as he looks at Eunha.

"Euna."

Eunha nods as she walks out of the Fox Cave as Minju approaches them. Minju bows.

"Great Lady, Demon Emperor Eunwoo is here to meet you."

Jungkook and Eunha looks at the backview of Eunwoo, who stands near the lake.

Jungkook glances at Eunha, "What needs to be resolved, should be resolved. If you're the only one who thinks it's over, it might not be over."

"You seem very experienced."

Jungkook turns away, "I'll wait for you at the entrance."

Eunji bends her knees as Jungkook walks off and Eunha sighs.

"Minju, go back to what you were doing."

Minju bows and leaves while Eunji follows Eunha who approaches Eunwoo. Eunwoo walks over and Eunha turns her head to Eunji. Eunji bends her knees and walk slighly ahead of them and guards the Pavilion where they were talking.

"Eunha... can't we go back to the way things were?"

Eunha walks towards the pavilion. "The Demon Lord puts everything on me right now because you see how, after I was dumped, I not only didn't find a good place to seek death but am living well. You must feel as if I never loved you. That's why you've been bothering me."

Eunwoo follows her, "Eunha. You think I feel any bitterness towards you?"

"After today, we will not talk peacefully like this again. So I'll tell you the truth today, again." Eunha turns and looks at Eunwoo, "70,000 years ago, you were my first love. It was my first time being in love, so I was not as experienced as others. I was passive and alsop, aloof. So back then, I thought everyday of ways... how I would convince my parents to allow me to marry you. I thought of a good reason and I happily wrote it on a piece of cloth so I wouldn't forget it. Thinking on it now, I was ridiculous. And you? When my feelings for you were the strongest, you stabbed me hard and hurt me. You think I broke up with you so easily, but you didn't know how devestated I was."

"But Eunha... I have never actually forgotten you." Eunwoo grabs Eunha's hands, "Can you forgive me?"

Eunha smirks and pushes his hand away, "You only couldn't forget me, merely because you often seek or hold great value upon things that were unreachable. Dahyun was like this. She did everything she could to stand by your side but she was abandoned too."

"It's me who knew it too late and you... will never wait for me again."

"You are the one man whom I have loved for the past 140,000 years but from now, we will be strangers." Eunha turns, "Goodbye."

Eunha then walks down from the pavilion and towards the entrance of Green Hill. Eunji bends her knees towards Eunwoo before she chases Eunha. Jungkook was standing at the entrance, waiting for Eunha. He turns as she approaches and Eunji again greets him. 

Eunha sighs, "It seems like it's going to rain soon. Let's go."

She walks before Jungkook while Eunji catches up with her. Jungkook looks at her backview before following.


[Nine Heavens - Pure Water Palace]

Eunha looks around the Nine Heavens as she turns to Jungkook.

"Isn't this the Nine Heavens? Where are all the Celestial Guards? Even at the entrance of Green Hill, there is Minju standing guard."

Eunha steps over a door as Eunji supports her before standing back again. Jungkook smiles and steps over too.

"There is a sermon today, so I guess all of them have gone to it."

"Ah, an assembly."

Jungkook holds out his hand, "Euna."

Eunha takes it and Jungkook carries her, bridal style. Eunji chuckles as a smoke screen appears and Jungkook walks through it while Eunji quickly follows behind. They arrived inside the Pure Water Palace amongst the different chambers and Jungkook places Eunha down.

"I didn't know I have to go through a wall to enter the Nine Heavens instead of the front door."

"If we go through the front, everyone would know."

Eunha nods, "You're right." She looks around, "I'm staying here for a couple of days... it must have been troublesome for you to arrange a room for me out of the blue."

Jungkook smiles as he brings Eunha to the Jade Blossom Palace. Eunha sees the Plum blossoms in the front and smiles.

"Plum Blossoms."

"I planted them 300 years ago, they've only grown up today."

"First time in 300 years? You sure are patient."

Eunha then walks into the chamber with Eunji following as Jungkook walks behind slowly. She sees the door plate in the room.

"Hall of Jade Blossom... It is befitting of your Pure Water Palace."

Eunji and Eunha look around as Nari enters behind.

"High Goddess, have some tea." Nari holds onto a tray of a teapot and some cups.

Eunha turns as Nari looks up.

"Your Highness..."

Eunji and Eunha look at each other as Nari kneels down.

"Your Highness!" Nari grabs onto Eunha's hand, "Your Highness, you're finally back! Nari has been waiting for you for the past 300 years... the Soul Gathering Lamp is indeed special. It made Your Highness look exactly the same."

Eunha was confused but she looks at Nari and pats her hand, "I am Kim Eunha of Green Hill, not the lady you mentioned."

Nari slowly processed that information. Jungkook glances at them.

"Nari, get up."

Eunji helps Nari up as she lets go of Eunha's hand.

"Go down first."

Nari bends her knees as she leaves the room.

Jungkook looks at Eunha, "I'll go get Galla."

Eunha nods and Jungkook leaves. Eunji walks over to Eunha.

"Great Lady, I think the maid earlier is not bad. Really loyal and devoted to her master even though the lady has left 300 years ago."

Eunha smiles, "Indeed. A rare person."


[Yeri's Chamber in the Nine Heavens]

"What? High Goddess Kim Eunha has entered the Jade Blossom Palace?"

Sua nods, "Indeed, My Lady..."

"All these years, he never allowed anyone near that chamber... how did she?"

"This servant finds it weird as well. Prehaps it is because she used some enchanting spell."

"I thought he would only love that dead person, then I would have a chance at it. I never expected that a mere High Goddess from Green Hill whom he met once will also... Jade Blossom Palace, he never allowed anyone near it. Now..."

Sua kneels down, "My Lady, we will find a way."

"Right... You will assist me right?"

Sua nods, "I am loyal to Your Highness only."

Yeri smiles and nods as she thinks of a plan.