Chapter 3 [Miracle in the Laboratory?]

The Unknown Killer | j.jk + k.th

Chapter 3
Miracle in the Laboratory? (Introduction)

---Jungkook's POV---

I entered the door of the laboratory and saw a disgusting sight. I looked around the halls and found no one, so I sneaked into the caution tapes to the room. Maybe this is what happened that's why afternoon classes were cancelled.

I rounded my sight to the whole room and observed its surrounding. On the floor were some white marks of how the position is when the person died. The window has broken glasses but there weren't signs of scattered glasses on the floor. Maybe the window was broken from the inside. The room was a mess with the chairs downs and blood splattered on the floor. In the white walls were bloods dripping everywhere. But what's noticeable is the number 8 on the wall. 

Number 8? What does that mean? Then I remembered what Yugyeom told me a while ago. He said that his friend Jaebeom dies with a number 7 on the wall. If that's what really happened then, there's a killer on loose. Whoever he is, he's a deadly one.

I examined the room once more then left after taking some pictures of the area. As I stepped out the room I was met by an angry Taehyung. "Jeon Jungkook! Did you know what it's dangerous for you to be here? It's also illegal to be here! I thought the killer got you since you are nowhere to be found and here you are wandering around the crime scene? This is not a playground!"

I mentally rolled my eyes at him. I shrugged him of and started walking away with him following me. I got some things in my mind and I got to examine it rather than listening to all Taehyung's sermons. If the teacher caught us here we'll probably taken to the prison that Yugyeom said. I honestly do not believe that it's a prison but if that's what it is, then be it.

We made our way to the boy's dormitory quietly. No one dared to speak or start a conversation. The atmosphere is either awkward or just silence. As we reach the lobby of the dormitory, I walked faster to the elevator, leaving Taehyung behind, and went to my room.

I opened the door and notice that my two roommates are here. I got an idea. I'll ask my two roommates about the killer on loose. I don't care if it's a helpful information or just random gossips. I got to get something. My roommates are a year younger than me but they stayed here older than me, so probably they'll know something about the killer.

"Seonghwa! Hongjoong! Can I ask you something?", I called them while putting down my bag and sitting on the couch of the living room.

The black hair guy, who looks like Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon, came in with a glass of water on his hands. "What is it, hyung?"

Before I even started speaking a gray head guy with a small mullet sat down beside me on the couch. "Sounds urgent, what do you need?"

"Do you happen to know about the killer on loose?", I went straight forward through my question which made both of them glance at each other.

"If I tell you, you wouldn't freak out?", Seonghwa asked. Of course I am man duh, I wouldn't freak out just because there's a killer but hey man or woman, the killer can kill. I nodded at him.

"It happened two years ago. We were still in junior high school when it happened, I just knew it because of our friend Sehun who witnessed the crime scene", he drank from his water.

"There was someone murdered on the women's washroom. Her name was Jennie Kim. She's was famous back then from being the girlfriend of the one and only Min Yoongi. It was the day after their break up when she was found dead on the washroom. Sehun's girlfriend was the first one to witness the crime scene.", Hongjoong continued.

"How did the body die though? Perhaps, is there a number written on the wall?"

"The body was filled with stabs. There weren't signs of the killer from the murder weapon. We could say that the killer was a expert one. The police tried and tried to investigate but they came onto the dead end. What scared them the most is the number 1 on the wall. Until now, no one has known about the case, since it was trashed."

"There aren't cctv cameras on the entrance of the washroom?", I asked. Seonghwa just shook his head and drank another glass from his water. He crossed his legs then faced me once again with his serious face.

"Second victim was Jeon Wonwoo. This victim was the cleanest one that even the police had a dead end and got the wrong investigation. Wonwoo's case turned out to be a suicide, according to the police. But two students meddled from the crime scene. It was Kim Yugyeom and -- what's his name again? Ah, Bambam"

Before he could continue, I cut him out. "You mean Kim Yugyeom and Bambam who is a former member of Got7?"

Seonghwa nodded, "Yeah, Yugyeom illegally entered the crime scene. Luckily, his friend Bambam has connection to the police. His brother works for the police and happened to work on the case in the university."

"Yugyeom examined the body and noticed that the mark on the victim's neck was bigger than the actual rope used for him to be hanged. Yugyeom said that the victim was strangled then was tied on the rope making it look like a suicide. After looking at the back neck of the victim, there they found that there's finger marks. They they concluded that the victim was indeed strangled. Even if they identified it, there weren't any leads since there wasn't a present finger print scanned. They thought that the killer used a gloves before strangling Wonwoo. The CCTV Cameras were cut. It was a dead end.", Seonghwa continued.

"Was there a number on the wall?", I asked suspiciously. "Yes, but not on the wall but on a paper." Hongjoong replied. He grabbed a book and put it on his lap, he started flipping it then found a picture. He handed the picture to me. It was a picture of a man and a woman stabbed together with 4 and 5 written on the wall.

"They're the fourth and fifth victim. That's Yoon Jeongyeon and Min Kyun Hoong. That's the messiest and bloodiest murder created by the killer", Hongjoong said.

"How did you get this picture?"

"The picture was given to our friend's friend then gave it to our friend then to us", Seonghwa replied. How could someone give these pictures? "Yeosang said that Yeonjun gave it to him because he wants Yeosang to investigate on the case more, but Yeosang refused, so he gave it to us since he knows that we're deduction maniacs"

"Hongjoong and I solved this case alongside with Yugyeom and Bambam. Jeongyeon is a normal girl as far as everyone knows. But, she was actually Park Jimin's secret girlfriend. They kept their relationship hidden. Until they broke up because Jeongyeon cheated on Jimin for Kyun Hoon.", Hongjoong said. "The police were in suspicion of Jimin and were close a accussing Jimin when we meddled to the investigation"

"We believe that Jimin wouldn't do it since by that time, BTS as bad guys still doesn't exist.", Seonghwa said. He leaned out from the chair and rested his arms on the arm rest. "We wanted to prove that Jimin was innocent since he was still a good student by that time. So, Yugyeom, Bambam, Hongjoong, and I went to investigate on our own. The case was more surprising than ever."

"There were fingerprints scattered around the area of where the two were found dead. The bodies went to the autopsy and there, the bodies had the finger prints of the killer. Even the long katana used has finger prints. That's when we almost jumped of eureka", Hongjoong said. "The fingerprints brought us to someone, which is Kim Yongsun."

"So the killer was caught? After you all helped?", I asked amused by their story. Seonghwa smirked and started talking. "The time that we got Yongsun as our suspect, she was poisoned in the cafeteria. Written on the table napkin was 6." I opened my mouth for a bit because of disbelief. The killer is that intelligent? How could the killer do this?

"You got a killer on loose..."

"That wasn't what we thought before." Hongjoong said making me look at him with disbelief. "We actually thought that the killer was really Yongsun and she poisoned herself. We investigated Yongsun's case, but to no avail, we got nothing but suicide as the option of her death."

"So, after that, Jaebeom was the next victim?"

"Seems like you know. Yes, Jaebeom was killed. With number 7 on the wall."

"Yeah, the killer is counting whoever he kills"

Seonghwa stood up and faced me, "You came to the crime scene haven't you?". I nodded making the latter smirk and went to the kitchen to put his glass on the sink. He came back and sat beside Hongjoong on my left. "Was there a number 8?", Hongjoong smiled. "Yes", I replied. "No doubt, it's the killer's doing"

After the talk. I stood up and went to my room. I took my laptop and turned it on. I went to my facebook account and saw the message of Namjoon in the gang group chat, BTS. 

'Let's not hang out tomorrow first'

I wonder why. It's probably because they just wanna chill and not with the other boys. Suddenly Yugyeom messaged me.

'I found out from Hongjoong that you are interested about the case. Come at 4pm, I'll be waiting'

Seems like I got a case to solve.